PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Tips

L.S. Dennis
01-18-2003, 12:41 AM
Anyone know anything or have ever used a "Sniper" tip?
If so how do they compare to a Moori?

John G
01-18-2003, 11:40 AM
The sniper is a very good tip, doesn't mushroom, holds it's shape well, holds chalk well,and wears well. Plays a little on the hard side. If that's what you're looking for, you will probably like the tip. (edit) I realized after I posted I hadn't answered your question. They really are quite different. The Morri plays on the softer side in the same hardness grade. Unlike the early production Morri the present batch doesn't seem to be as consistant nor hold up as well. For my money I would go with the sniper. You might also look at the Talisman med pro. Also a very good tip. But that's my opinion. John G

Troy
01-18-2003, 09:37 PM
I have no experience with Sniper Tips, but a friend and customer is a retired stockbroker. He has been a Moori (M or MH) user on Predator shafts for years. However, for some reason he didn't like the feel of the hit with the last Moore MH I installed for him.

He tried my cue with a Talisman Pro Medium and wanted to give it a try on his Predator shaft. He is now a convert. I have done two more Predator shafts of his with Talisman Pro Medium tips and he is completely satisfied.

I have Talisman Pro tips in Soft, Medium & Hard in stock if anyone would like to try them. (A Blatant Commercial)

Troy