PDA

View Full Version : Different Cue balls

woody
01-18-2003, 06:56 PM
What is the difference between a blue dot, blue circle, red dot ,and a red circle cue ball? Thanks in advance for the info!

Tom_In_Cincy
01-18-2003, 07:20 PM
Partial answer at this site..

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=red+dot+cue+ball&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=N3jR3.10954%24I_5.5515%40dfw-read.news.verio.net&rnum=5

Rod
01-18-2003, 07:23 PM
blue dot- old centenial c/b
Blue circle- new centenial c/b
red dot- usually used on a dynamo bar table -- Heavy
red circle- c/b made by Aramith

The blue circle is slightly heavier than the red circle, abt 2 to 3 grams. The weight consistency of a red circle varies near 3 grams from high to low. Comparing the red and blue could be as much as 5 grams. Not a lot but enough to notice a little difference in c/b reaction.

Leviathan
01-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Tom Simpson discusses this in some detail at the AZBilliards site:

http://www.azbilliards.com/tomsimpson/tom5.cfm.

Regards,
D.M.

Fred Agnir
01-20-2003, 08:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> blue dot- old centenial c/b
Blue circle- new centenial c/b
red dot- usually used on a dynamo bar table -- Heavy
red circle- c/b made by Aramith

The blue circle is slightly heavier than the red circle, abt 2 to 3 grams. The weight consistency of a red circle varies near 3 grams from high to low. Comparing the red and blue could be as much as 5 grams. Not a lot but enough to notice a little difference in c/b reaction. <hr /></blockquote>

Just to add, the Super Pro Aramith set used to come with a Red Triangle Cueball. This cueball weighs the same as the Centennial's Blue Circle (spec.-wise), which is supposed to weight the same as the object balls. The Red Circle is supposed to weigh a little less. That's what Saluc confirmed to me.

I think today's Super Pro Aramith set comes with a cueball with a red Aramith logo on it. Maybe it's just the TV set of Super Pros. They are sold individually as well (thank Paul Mon). I've also seen somewhere a picture of a set of balls (Aramith Premiers) with a cueball having a blue Aramith logo on it.

Fred