PDA

View Full Version : Final Four in Music City Open

Sally
01-19-2003, 02:23 PM
There are four players left in the Music City Open. Shannon Daulton plays Gabe Owen at 3 PM in the winners' bracket, and Shawn Putnam and Cliff Joyner play in the one-loss side. Check www.insidepool.com (http://www.insidepool.com) for updates and photos.

Tom_In_Cincy
01-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Sally,

Thanks for the info.

Since you are an editorial assistant for Inside Pool, and use this and probably other forums, why doesn't Inside Pool do a feature on the Internet side of pool?

01-19-2003, 05:26 PM
It is really great having such current information available online for those of us unable to attend. I might point out that Gabe Owen beating Shannon Daulton is not quite a "stunning upset". Other than this poetic license for excitement value I thoroughly enjoyed the articles.

Thanks for the info,

Jimbo

Popcorn
01-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Is Gabe Owen a black guy from Texas?

Tom_In_Cincy
01-19-2003, 09:16 PM
Gabe looks like a young guy

http://64.91.233.197/html/index.php

01-19-2003, 09:33 PM
I believe Gabe grew up in OKC and moved to Tulsa in the late 80's while still a teenager. I think he is his mid 20's now and am sure he is still caucasion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo

Chris Cass
01-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Hi Tom,

After, playing in a few events and talking with Gabe for awhile. I can tell you that he's a good guy. He's quiet, and respectful. Plays some great 9 ball and likes to play one hole too. He ain't afraid to bet on himself and he is white, not that that means anything of importance.

His one hole game is decent but he'll play some for the doe. I like him myself and I believe he'll do good in the future. He's got a nice stroke, an "A" player no doubt. Worth a bid in the calcutta and is capable of playing with the best. Good kid and I give him two thumbs up.hahaha Anyway, I think he plays around Eric's speed. I could be wrong but I think it would be a good match up (bar box). IMHO

Regards,

C.C.~~wouldn't mind playing some one hole with him. then again, I want to play one hole with everyone. HAHAHAHA

Tom_In_Cincy
01-19-2003, 10:19 PM
Chris..
Well if he's anywhere near Eric's speed.. he's a great player.. and I think Shannon might agree...

Love seeing your posts Chris.. keep em up..