PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ordered from www.billiardsexpress.com

Icon of Sin
01-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Just wondering how the service was cause the prices there seem to be great and I'm thinking about ordering a Balabushka gb-1 next week

SecaucusFats
01-19-2003, 03:52 PM
I have ordered numerous items from Billiards Express (cue,case, supplies, books, you name it). /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif They have great prices and service. If you are an APA member you can get an additional 5% off. They also throw in a free Tip-Pik on all orders over $50.00 and free UPS ground shipping on all orders over $200. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara
01-19-2003, 04:02 PM
A free Tip Pik?? Really??? No kidding??? For only $50 worth of stuff you get a free Tip Pik???

Tip Pik Tip Pik Tip Pik Tip Pik..... Oooooooooooo...

Barbara~~~waiting for someone to snap me out of this and save the Talisman Pro Ms I've had for over a year!!!!

Troy
01-19-2003, 04:10 PM
SNAP !!! SNAP !!!
SNAP !!! SNAP !!!

Hang in there Barbara, this too will pass..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> A free Tip Pik?? Really??? No kidding??? For only $50 worth of stuff you get a free Tip Pik???

Tip Pik Tip Pik Tip Pik Tip Pik..... Oooooooooooo...

Barbara~~~waiting for someone to snap me out of this and save the Talisman Pro Ms I've had for over a year!!!!

<hr /></blockquote>

SecaucusFats
01-19-2003, 04:59 PM
Would you prefer paying more and getting diddley squat for free? I used to get my stuff from Mueller's, Seybert's, Billiard Fanatic and the fact is Billiards Express has better prices and service than all of them. Further, I have not paid dime one in shipping fees since I started buying from them.

Now if the problem is that you don't like tip-piks fine, don't use one. Used properly a tip pik and/or a tip tapper will not damage your tips. I spend a tremedous amount of time shooting pool every week (leagues, tours, matches, money games--you name it) and I have not noticed any premature wear or damage to my 2 year old (laminated) Med Hard Hercules tip. In fact the tip still has not worn down to where it needs replacement. Anyway you know what they say about opinions being like.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

In any case the original question was about Billiards Express and I gave an honest opinion based on experience.

Troy
01-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Oh yea, for example, $5.50 for 10 LePro tips equals $27.50 per box and $8.50 for 10 Triangle tips equals $42.50 per box. At that price they better offer free shipping for far less than a $200 order. And they throw in a free Tip Pic, about $7.00 where I get 'em. Whoopee-do...

I'll stay with either Atlas or Meuller's for my supplies. At least they carry what I need.

Troy

Icon of Sin
01-19-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks, this is what i wanted to hear. Billiards express it is...

Thanks alot guys, very informative...

SecaucusFats
01-19-2003, 11:43 PM
OK so let's see:

Mueller:
1 Predator BK $300.
1 set Aramith Super Pros $139.95
1 Porper 2x4 case 84.95
1 Q Smooth Kit $18.95
9 LePro Tips $4.65
1 Tip Pik 8.95

Sub Total: $557.45
Approx Shipping: $20.00 UPS Ground
APA Discount: 0
Total: 577.45

Same items from Billiards Express: $519.00
APA Discount: -$25.95
Shipping : 0.0
Sub Total: $493.05

Savings: $84.40 /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Go to both websites and compare for yourself. And BTW Mueller doesn't carry Hercules tips which are what I use, plus I'd be waiting 4 times as long for ground delivery from Nebraska to Jersey.

FWIW I don't have any connections to Billiards Express other than as a customer.

Cheers /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Fred Agnir
01-20-2003, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Icon of Sin:</font><hr> Just wondering how the service was cause the prices there seem to be great and I'm thinking about ordering a Balabushka gb-1 next week <hr /></blockquote>
I have and had zero problems.

Fred

Popcorn
01-20-2003, 10:20 AM
In all fairness you are wanting to comparing wholesale price to retail price. $5.50 for 10 Le Pro tips is not bad. If you walk in most billiard supplies you will pay $1.00 to $2.00 a tip if you just want a few tips. Some people may just have a few house cues they want to fix and don't need a box of fifty. Same with their price on the Triangles, I would say they were reasonable. You wouldn't expect them to sell at cost would you? Can't stay in business long like that. Atlas has minimum order policy or they charge an extra fee. They are more geared to the trades and not for the average buyer making a small purchases. In Meullers catalog you need to buy in quantity for the better discounts. I don't know anything about them, but I think you should be a little more fair before knocking someone's business.

Barbara
01-20-2003, 10:30 AM
No no no no no no....

Sorry, you do not know my past reputation with Tip Piks. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Barbara, the Former Tip Killer.

I killed two Moori M tips over the course of 9 months with a Tip Pik. Just whacked the bejeebers out of them day after day, night after night. And all with a Tip Pik.

But I am reformed now!!! And I only use the Tip Pik when absolutely necessary on my Talisman Pro Ms when they get super shiny. And I've had the Talisman tips on for over a year now and haven't gone through even one layer!!! Of course, I haven't practiced more than 3 three times in any given month, either.

So there you have it.

Barbara~~~the former tip killer....

SecaucusFats
01-20-2003, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> No no no no no no....

Sorry, you do not know my past reputation with Tip Piks. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Barbara, the Former Tip Killer.

I killed two Moori M tips over the course of 9 months with a Tip Pik. Just whacked the bejeebers out of them day after day, night after night. And all with a Tip Pik.

But I am reformed now!!! And I only use the Tip Pik when absolutely necessary on my Talisman Pro Ms when they get super shiny. And I've had the Talisman tips on for over a year now and haven't gone through even one layer!!! Of course, I haven't practiced more than 3 three times in any given month, either.

So there you have it.

Barbara~~~the former tip killer.... <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif OK Barbara, now I understand! LOL, I know one guy who tore a laminated tip right off his ferrule by jamming it in like a madman and twisting the hell out of the tip pik with all his might. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

FatMan

01-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Billiards Express shipped my orders out the next day plus they throw in a bag of freebies (probably around $20 worth) including a tip pik when you order a new cue.
- Bryan

Troy
01-20-2003, 09:15 PM
I humbly agree. One of the first things I look for at a supplier's site is whether thay carry ferrules and at what cost.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> In all fairness you are wanting to comparing wholesale price to retail price. $5.50 for 10 Le Pro tips is not bad. If you walk in most billiard supplies you will pay $1.00 to $2.00 a tip if you just want a few tips. Some people may just have a few house cues they want to fix and don't need a box of fifty. Same with their price on the Triangles, I would say they were reasonable. You wouldn't expect them to sell at cost would you? Can't stay in business long like that. Atlas has minimum order policy or they charge an extra fee. They are more geared to the trades and not for the average buyer making a small purchases. In Meullers catalog you need to buy in quantity for the better discounts. I don't know anything about them, but I think you should be a little more fair before knocking someone's business. <hr /></blockquote>

Icon of Sin
01-21-2003, 07:10 AM
OK, since i was hearing nothing but good things about them, I ordered the balabushka gb1 lasat night... thanks guys, you have been a real help.

silverbullet
01-22-2003, 06:23 AM
I dont use a tip pic. would they let me have one a dose willard shaper scuffer thingies instead? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bw

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr> OK so let's see:

Mueller:
1 Predator BK $300.
1 set Aramith Super Pros $139.95
1 Porper 2x4 case 84.95
1 Q Smooth Kit $18.95
9 LePro Tips $4.65
1 Tip Pik 8.95

Sub Total: $557.45
Approx Shipping: $20.00 UPS Ground
APA Discount: 0
Total: 577.45

Same items from Billiards Express: $519.00
APA Discount: -$25.95
Shipping : 0.0
Sub Total: $493.05

Savings: $84.40 /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Go to both websites and compare for yourself. And BTW Mueller doesn't carry Hercules tips which are what I use, plus I'd be waiting 4 times as long for ground delivery from Nebraska to Jersey.

FWIW I don't have any connections to Billiards Express other than as a customer.

Cheers /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

<hr /></blockquote>