PDA

View Full Version : A Huge Secret....

Chris Cass
01-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

It totally amazes me of how little we know one each other for as long as we've known each other. Hope that made a lot of sence. LOL

Talking with Barbara for a long time, both post responses and PM's always cheering me up. Always letting me know how her and her husband (big) Pete are doing. She totally blew my mind in the knowledge she has about cues. She knows not only inlay work, fine woods, but can describe it to words like a writer. Concise and exact. I was floored, and bet she can impress the best cue makers of the world.

Unreal, it made me realize, I owe every woman an apology. I didn't think women knew, that much about the finer points of cue making. I apologize ladies. I must have been a idiot to think such a thing? After talking about inlays and cues with Barbara, I quickly learned she knows what she's talking about. Laurie Franklin, was the best I've ever known in the industry on a personal basis. I bet she could give Laurie, the 8 in the subject. Sorry Laurie. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Anyone, needing information about what inlays go with what or what would look good? Would be well advised by me to talk with this woman first. Utterly, amazing.

Regards,

C.C.~~Learns something new everyday. Not too many men that can talk cues with her, heads up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
01-19-2003, 10:17 PM
Chris,

I have never been really amazed at the knowledge women have about anything.. I grew up with 4 sisters that were always telling me what and how to do anything.. and my mom always agreed with them..

I've always had a sneaky feeling that Barbara was holding back about her skills and knowledge of pool.. because of her pecans.. LOL

Chris Cass
01-19-2003, 10:28 PM
Hi Tom,

Growing up with 5 sisters myself. I know what your talking about. I'm not letting anymore secrets out. I myself appreciate Pecans too. LOL Seriously, you just never know?

Regards,

C.C.~~just remember she isn't Agent 99 for nothing....

Rich R.
01-20-2003, 06:32 AM
Chris, you should catch a glimse at the cue stick that Barbara plays with. It is one Beautiful cue stick. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

randyg
01-20-2003, 07:02 AM
Hi Gang: I have met with, talked with, and taught with Barbara several times. She is indeed Warm, Wonderful, Intelligent and Beautiful......randyg

Kato
01-20-2003, 08:02 AM
Plus she's TALL!!!!!!!!

Kato~~~not tall

Barbara
01-20-2003, 10:08 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You guys crack me up!!!

I happen to have the divine priviledge of living within the vicinity of one of the finest cue makers in the world, Barry Szamboti. Barry is such a personable cue maker that whenever I find myself in his shop, he takes the time to show me the finer points of his craftsmanship and that of other cues that may be around. Barry's like that EF Hutton commercial, when Barry talks, you listen. And with all due respect to my late, great kitty, the Kitty Kat, you can't swing a dead cat and not hit a 'Boti cue in the Philly area - a Gus or a Barry. There was once a 9-ball tourny I went to at a now defunct ph. There were 11 players and 7 'Boti cues.

Of course, I used to be able to talk pretty good shop with the motorheads when I was in high school, too. Heh heh heh...

Barbara~~~still waters run deep... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

#### leonard
01-21-2003, 08:50 AM
I know what you guys went thru I have 5 daughters and two grandaughters finally a grandson. It is hell.####

Chris Cass
01-21-2003, 10:00 AM
What a nice thing to say. RandyG. your definitely a man of class.

Regards,

C.C.~~

Chris Cass
01-21-2003, 10:04 AM
Hi ####,

I hope everyone of them appreciates and waits on you hand and foot. You deserve it my dear friend.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
01-21-2003, 10:55 AM
The women in my family are doted on and adored, well respected and held on a pedestal. I've learned throughout life that if a woman has something to say you better listen. Heck, my Mom knows the starting line up for the Pittsburgh Pirates teams of the late 60's early 70's or so.

Kato

Chris Cass
01-21-2003, 02:38 PM
Barry Szamboti~~beautiful artistry, a heart of pure gold and another living legend. His dad would be so proud. I've seen his work.

Barbara, any chick that shoots with a Szamboti is cool.

C.C.