PDA

View Full Version : So whats up with Monica's hair?

nAz
01-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Bad hair day?
really the hair/make up person really messed up, it was gelled all over the place lol.
still she played pretty solid pool, so i guess it didnt bother her /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
What a Body Web has emmmmmmmm

01-20-2003, 07:52 AM
LOL! Apparently that's her style -- every time I've seen her the hair is the same style. And she apparently also has a thing for masculine pants, as this is the 2nd match in a row that she's worn the ugly things.

But she can sure stroke a cue with that goofy grip of hers. I felt kinda sorry for her when she blew that last shot to let Allison run out and win. She was so close to coming from almost nowhere to beat the Queen...

David

Wally_in_Cincy
01-20-2003, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> LOL! Apparently that's her style -- every time I've seen her the hair is the same style. And she apparently also has a thing for masculine pants, as this is the 2nd match in a row that she's worn the ugly things.

<font color="red">I hated those pants. The TV matches are taped only 1 hour apart so the ladies go to the practice table rather than take time to change. She would be more marketable to sponsors if she dressed more feminine like Allison. </font color>

But she can sure stroke a cue with that goofy grip of hers. I felt kinda sorry for her when she blew that last shot to let Allison run out and win. She was so close to coming from almost nowhere to beat the Queen...

<font color="red">Someone stated in an earlier post, at that level one mistake can cost you the match, and in Monica's case it did. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

nAz
01-20-2003, 03:11 PM
yep it cost her her too bad.
hopefully her next outing will be just as good if not better, damn that hair /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nostroke
01-20-2003, 09:30 PM
Thats her permanent 'do' now. Looks like a snarl of Straw. I first saw Monica about 7 years ago i guess- she was hangin with Holly Sholes and Kristi Carter (where are they now?) and she was pretty stunning. Currently i think she looks better than Keith McCready.

Rod
01-21-2003, 12:52 AM
Well ok I'll give you that.

nAz
01-21-2003, 01:30 AM
when i first met her that was the hair style she had,and it looks good on her. but in the Miami tourny it looked bad like her hair stylist got lazy half way through and ran out to smoke a joint err sorry i mean a Cig.
Anyway she played a great match and if the hair had something to do with it, then i say more power to her /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
01-21-2003, 05:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <font color="red">Someone stated in an earlier post, at that level one mistake can cost you the match, and in Monica's case it did. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>
Actually, Wally, she missed two shots to cost her the match. At 5-5, she attempted a safety and left Allison a shot, to let Allison go up 6-5.
It was a shame. Monica did play very well.
It still has to be a confidence booster for the next tournament.

Gayle in MD
01-21-2003, 08:15 AM
Hi Naz, and I gotta agree with you on this for sure. I wouldn't run out to the Seven-Eleven for milk and bread in that hairdo, let alone be on TV! But let's not restrict our negative comments on bad hair to the pool world. How bout the so called "Stars of Acting" at the Golden Globe awards...Now these women have fame, fortune, talent, basically have the world on a string, and never have I seen so many women assembled in one place with such bad hair, poor fitting gowns, wrong colors, and basically washed out looking make-up! I would be hard pressed to remember more than five all together who looked good! And although I agree with you on the bad hair, during the match, that didn't irritate me as much as the utterly stupid comments by Mitch! HOWWWWWW....did this man ever get on TV??????
Gayle in Md....HHHMMMMM, feels pretty good being catty for a change, LOL.

cuechick
01-21-2003, 09:59 AM
I happen to like Monica's look, she shows indviuality and a certain amount of rebellion and it certainly suits her personality. She is not interested in appearing 'feminine" (that is a really funny idea anyway! what has that to do with pool?) and I think her style is very good for the sport. There are enough stuffy, old croonies that play pool, she just may appeal to a hip untapped, youth quotion, who might be out there flipping with their remote. I think the same of Sarah Rousey and other younger players with the talent and style to rejuivenate the sport.
I love Allison's look and even Karen's, but we don't need clones, pool is interesting in part because of the characters that make up the game...The fact that some people don't 'get it' just proves my point /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif!
FYI: Monica always wears the BEST shoes.

Chris Cass
01-21-2003, 10:11 AM
Well nAz,

Personally, I think they all should be bald headed. Everyone in the world should be bald.

She does have a nice demeaner and smile about her. IMO

Regards,

C.C.~~chemo free as we speak...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
01-21-2003, 10:24 AM
Forget all that bald business...I got a full head of GRAY hair and wont trade it in on nothing shiney!!! But I will take the orange crush, the blood ball and the smash playing on the bar-box...when you feel better of course!!

Kato
01-21-2003, 11:53 AM
I'm backing Cass, no I'm backing Voodoo. Shoot you guys both suck. I'm bringing in Sandor Tot.

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
01-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Both suck? I gotta great idea..you and I can playa race to 25, loser SHAVES HIS HEAD BALD to look like our lil bald brother seperated from us at birth...Lets see who sucks now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
01-21-2003, 12:25 PM
Don't like it. You've already shaved your head so it's no big deal to you. Me, I like my hair. Then again, you wanna go bald? Let's give it a roll.

Kato~~~Cass and Voodoo, bald brothers Italian style.

Chris Cass
01-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Hi ya Kato,

Now that I think about it. I wouldn't want to see either of you bald. LOL Besides, I still have some stuff left, believe it or not.

Voodoo with the Orange, and the blood plus the snaps? On a bar box too? I'm no Efrin and can tell you it would be like 18 racks before I even got to shoot. Of course, unless you have to accept the racks I give ya. Then again, let me just send you the money and that will atleast save me on the quarters. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Kato
01-22-2003, 09:07 AM
Alright old man. I talked to Katy last night and she told me if I had a shaved head it would be ok. Any time you're ready I'll play. I still think I should get some weight and I'm not playing one pocket, 8-ball, or straight pool. I need a bangers chance.

Kato~~~time to ride the cheese. My hair is on the line.

cheesemouse
01-22-2003, 10:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Alright old man. I talked to Katy last night and she told me if I had a shaved head it would be ok. Any time you're ready I'll play. I still think I should get some weight and I'm not playing one pocket, 8-ball, or straight pool. I need a bangers chance.

Kato~~~time to ride the cheese. My hair is on the line. <hr /></blockquote>

Kick butt Kato....to one man in each century is given the power to control the white ball and ride the cheese on every shot. He must be kind, he must be brave, he must be true. This man must be carefully selected...KATO, you are that MAN............post pictures please.......LOL LOL LOL

Chris Cass
01-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Hi Kato,

I like that Katy. Just don't do it. You've got a good looking head of hair and Voodoo too. Besides, mines doesn't even bother me in the least. I could care less at this time. I do have a problem with riding the cheese. Unless it's dead for you, it's not to your advantage at all. I would rather run out than to play a combo although, I can make a 3 ball combo if need be. I've done 5 ball combos but that definitely wasn't in a game for the doe. Play smart. BTW, you ain't picking this game. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Perk
01-22-2003, 10:42 AM
Not to intrude on the talk of a matchup...but I got to "tap tap" Mr CC's advice on riding the cheese...unless you have no choice but a dead on combo....its to your advantage to runout....Thats of course unless there are all kinds a problem balls that you dont feel like dealing/safeting with!

Just my prelunch 9ball tidbits....hope i take my own advice in the handicapped tourney i am in tonight...:) (Underrated) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
01-22-2003, 10:47 AM
Actually I ride the cheese never unless it's dead. I don't just fire though many times it looks like it (in reality I just missed real bad). I do believe I must step up and see if my friend wants my head on a plate.

A challenge has been made, to turn it down would be less than manly.

Kato

Perk
01-22-2003, 10:56 AM
I am just imagining someone actually giving the blood ball, let alone the orange crush...and to throw in the snaps...wow, now I know the definition when someone says "Tuff Action".

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
01-22-2003, 11:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Actually I ride the cheese never unless it's dead. I don't just fire though many times it looks like it (in reality I just missed real bad). I do believe I must step up and see if my friend wants my head on a plate.

A challenge has been made, to turn it down would be less than manly.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Come on Kata...ride the cheese early and often...hehehehehe...scare that Voddoo Man... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the cheese thinks every p/h should have doggie clippers as standard equiptment. Then we could change the name of 'airbarrel too hairbarrel'.

Voodoo Daddy
01-22-2003, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Alright old man. I'm not playing one pocket, 8-ball, or straight pool. I need a bangers chance. <hr /></blockquote>

Old man says your on. BANK POOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif, short rack. Race to 7 for the hair. You called me old /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif man for the 14,562 time so all knowing that I'm old and I cant drive or move very far...we will do this in MY pool room, in front of all MY friends and I will have the shears ready!! I will give you a ample time to prepare for your baldness...say two weeks? Just a note to all rooting for Kato...which I too always root for the underdog, I have never lost a bet for hair, ice cream or certain "favors" in my life!!

Kato
01-22-2003, 11:35 AM
Voodoo Man, I'll play you bank pool the on the day of my death. You want my hair it has to be 9-ball. I'll come to your pool room which is completely unfair. Hostile territory be damned. I've never played for my hair but oh well. 2 weeks is a good enough time frame. I will not play you for "certain" favors, EVER!!!!! Old Man.

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
01-22-2003, 12:08 PM
NO 9-BALL, forget it!! I will not be subject to lucky rolls &lt;either way&gt; on something as important as my mane. My lady, unlike yours is not thrilled {actually pissed} about the laying the hair on the line..but like I told her "Honey, if its any game but 9-BALL I'm STEALING!!!" I guess we need to go back to the negotiation table. How about /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif 3-Cushion?