PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have $41 im hungry...

nAz
01-20-2003, 01:56 PM
New York's most expensive burger

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/US/Northeast/01/11/offbeat.nyc.burger.ap/story.burger.ap.jpg

A 20-ounce (560-gram) hamburger fashioned from ultra-tender Kobe beef debuted this week at the landmark Old Homestead restaurant. At $41, it is the most expensive hamburger in the city.

It is the first time the 135-year-old steakhouse has ever put a burger on its menu. The restaurant bills it as "The World's Most Decadent Hamburger."

"This is not about price," restaurant owner Marc Sherry said Friday, when the restaurant sold nearly 200 of the new burgers. "This is an event.

Rod
01-20-2003, 02:52 PM
Now that's a burger! Lets see split with a friend. Hummm it's still a $20 burger. Cripes I can get the best steak in town for less than half that price. On another note for 41 bucks I want my bun toasted. Note the untoasted bun. After 135 years you'd think they might know something about a burger even if they never served them! Ok nAz you go and let us know the scoop. That is after someone loans you the bucks. Take Wendy, she'll buy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

nAz
01-20-2003, 02:56 PM
she better BUY! lol

Emm i wanna be a Kobe cow feed me meer and massage me all day! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-20-2003, 03:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Ok nAz you go and let us know the scoop. That is after someone loans you the bucks. Take Wendy, she'll buy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No problema. I'll buy. That is after Naz rents a limo, a bottle of Courvoisier, and a room at the Waldorf so that I can pass out afterwards...http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies/1037486075.gif

TomBrooklyn
01-20-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm leary about eating burgers less than well done becuase of mad cow, e coli, and any other whacky stuff thats come out recently. And I don't like well done. Why pay $41 for a burger when that should get you a steak anyway?

The mention of decadence indicates to me it's a set-up for wanna-be's. Really decadent people would not mention decadence.

snipershot
01-20-2003, 11:20 PM
All this talk about food is making me hungary

Kato
01-23-2003, 12:26 PM
Tom, you don't eat your steaks well done do you?

Kato~~~~ultra rare except my burgers which I take med-rare.

TomBrooklyn
01-23-2003, 03:03 PM
No, I like them medium-rare. You just can't be sure what your getting with chop meat anymore. Too many weird bugs going around. E-coli, mad cow etc. Don't have to worry with a steak, any bugs get burnt off. Tom