PDA

View Full Version : Sid/Spiderman

rackmup
03-14-2002, 06:59 AM
So...how did it go last night at CLICK'S? 1st place? 2nd place?

I need to know...I have a press deadline. It's going to be on the front page of the Dallas Morning News/Sports page, right below the results from last night's "Celebrity Boxing."

Waiting...

Regards,

Ken

Sid_Vicious
03-14-2002, 09:21 PM
All I can say is that I am glad you missed my performance, I invented ways to miss balls for the cinch! As far as Spiderman's personal performance, I dunno. He and I have lunch today and didn't talk last night after all the dust settled, but I DO know that his team finished #1 for the season by 15 or so points....sid~~~doesn't play on Spiderman's team

Sid_Vicious
03-14-2002, 09:24 PM
He and I didn't have lunch today and didn't talk last night. Sorry for the typo...sid~~~one more beer and I'd made that shot!

rackmup
03-15-2002, 07:37 AM
Sid,

Sorry that you suffered the equivalent of "Cranial Billiarditus Gastro-Simonistosis" or more commonly known as the "Pool Brain Fart." Just remember this:

Your game will always have the potential to abandon you at the greatest times of importance and it will probably only get worse from here.

I hope I have somehow made you feel better.

Your friend,

Ken (never suffered a "brain fart" but do struggle from time-to-time with falling unconcious to the floor while in the middle of a game)

03-15-2002, 04:08 PM
We won this week's (final) match by 15 points. In the totals for the
season, which actually determines placement, we finished ahead by 36 points out of about
3500. This is only a 1-percent margin, so obviously the two teams are very closely matched.
We met these guys four times during the long season, including two consecutive "position rounds". Twice we beat them and twice they
beat us. A real photo finish.

I didn't put myself on the roster, as we had one extra player and no one wanted to sit
out. But then one of my guys got skunked in his first match, thought he might be jinxed,
and asked me to sub in for the last 4 matches. So I did, won two and lost two, basically
a "nominal" performance against a bunch of guys who are dead-even with us. Believe me,
it's always a sweater when we meet up.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> All I can say is that I am glad you missed my performance, I invented ways to miss balls for the cinch! As far as Spiderman's personal performance, I dunno. He and I have lunch today and didn't talk last night after all the dust settled, but I DO know that his team finished #1 for the season by 15 or so points....sid~~~doesn't play on Spiderman's team <hr></blockquote>