PDA

View Full Version : room owners thoughts

houseman
01-21-2003, 12:26 PM
As a pool room owner for 10 years now, and reading all the post here about how tables and equipment are kept clean etc, I see why some owners dont keep things in good shape. Some of us strive to keep on top of things for the customers, NONE of the regulars ever say thanks for the nice tables or how things are run. The only ones that do are the out of town folks.
Then I realized that, the customers that keep coming back day after day, thats their way of saying thank you.
I here by say a personal Thank You to all my loyal customers and friends

Rich R.
01-21-2003, 12:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houseman:</font><hr> Then I realized that, the customers that keep coming back day after day, thats their way of saying thank you.
I here by say a personal Thank You to all my loyal customers and friends <hr /></blockquote>
You are right on the money with your assessment. In any business/customer relationship, "one hand washes the other." Although a "thank you" would be nice to hear, I believe continued support of your business is much more important. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Personally, I am not one to complain to a buisness owner, when his business is not living up to my expectations, but I will NOT continue to support that business. However, I will go out of my way to support a business that treats me right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
01-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Houseman.. THANK YOU.. for your efforts, and I would like to play in your room someday.. sounds like you have a very nice place.

houseman
01-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Thanks Tom-In-Cincy,
I try my best to keep the pool tables,side tables, trash cans, and bathrooms as clean as possible. If your ever in the area please do stop in for a visit.

Barbara
01-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Yes Tom, it is a very nice room! I had the pleasure of visiting there once for the PA Invitational 14.1 Championships. I walked in with another room owner, (Dirty) Harry Metzger of Rack M Up in Frazer, who was hosting the NEWT women with the PA State 9-Ball Champs the same weekend. It was the usual Karen Corr destruction all over the place, so Harry and I skipped out for a couple hours.

Mickey usually charges a $10 spectator fee, but waives it for room owners and their guests. I didn't know this. I would've paid the $10. In fact, I would've let Pete Sinkler give me a hug and scored 40 bucks change from Mickey! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif !!

But it is a very nice room and the tables are in top condition!! All great Brunswick GCs. And that was the year Bob Maidhof won the whole enchilada. Not like last year when I lost that bet to SPetty.

Barbara~~~knows she let Pete hug her but didn't get any change for it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

snipershot
01-21-2003, 11:51 PM
housemand as a pool player THANK YOU for keeping things in good shape around your pool hall, customers won't always say thanks but they do appreciate it, some of the places where I live arent so good, for example last week I was at a place I frequent playing 8 ball, I went to attempt a shot with the granny and as I was setting it down the top of it fell off knocking a cluster of balls everywhere /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif, like you said keeping your place in order keeps business steady and that does matter alot to the players.

houseman
01-22-2003, 12:27 PM
One thing that pushes me to have a nice room to play in is that I play myself. I want nice clean tables when I do play. I only have 8 tables and the room has been here since 1975 or 76. A lot of the rooms that have opened since the color of money came out, got in the business for the money and the owner-owners dont play pool or dont even know how to play pool.

L.S. Dennis
01-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Let's hope we enjoy another bounce once "Pool Hall Junkies" is finally released to the public. There's already been some sneak preveiws here in the Bay Area at some of the more popular rooms. (Late night showings only!)