PDA

View Full Version : Billiard School

01-22-2003, 02:17 AM
Hi, I'm from Canada. I was wondering which billiard school is a good school to attend, I'm a full time student, but I'm willing to spend money to get proper instruction to further better my game. I've been playing pool since I was around 8 years old, and wanting to get better and better, but I find myself at a limitation. With no proper instruction I just read books and get a general idea of what i ahve to do. I'm just here to get some suggestions on which schools would be good to attend, right now i have my eye on the American Billiard School in NYC

CarolNYC
01-22-2003, 03:25 AM
Hi there,
The American Billiard School is run by Fan Crimi-its located at 4th Ave and 11th street-Corner Billiards-the phone number is 212-995-1314-I would suggest you call an make an appointment-Good luck!
Carol:)

silverbullet
01-22-2003, 06:32 AM
Btw, I am taking randy gs this summer. but would like to know prices, length of school, topics covered at american billiard school too. it is only four hours from me ...

willing to go to any and all lengths to learn and get good at pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Inquiring minds want to know

bw

01-22-2003, 04:50 PM
ya.. i'm thinking of attending the american billiard school, because i want to travel to the east coast. I have family down there so its all good. Thanks for the input people. I was also wondering if anyone has attended it? if so I would like to hear some comments about it.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-23-2003, 07:19 AM
From everything I've heard Fran is a very good instructor.

Chris Cass
01-23-2003, 07:47 AM
Hi T,

Master BCA instructor,
Touring Pro,
Endless students w/success,

There's more but I don't have her resume in front of me.

Regards,

C.C.~~excellent choice if in the NY area.

silverbullet
01-23-2003, 04:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> From everything I've heard Fran is a very good instructor. <hr /></blockquote>

Ye gads! I am psychic!!! I was just thinking driving home that I was going to log into ccb and read this!!!

I have heard this too.

bw

Rod
01-23-2003, 04:59 PM
Same here Wally. She must be good what with catching flying cue balls with her chin, to shooting between the toes! LOL JK there Fran dear, well what other instructor does that and plays good pool to boot?

~~~ rod wonders if ducking is in order

Fran Crimi
01-23-2003, 05:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Same here Wally. She must be good what with catching flying cue balls with her chin, to shooting between the toes! LOL JK there Fran dear, well what other instructor does that and plays good pool to boot?

~~~ rod wonders if ducking is in order <hr /></blockquote>

You'd better duck, Rod.

I'll tell ya, this teaching thing is really dangerous. I had a guy at last Sunday's workshop flat out faint and hit the floor cold.

Was it something I said? Geez.

Fran

CarolNYC
01-24-2003, 03:48 AM
Thats the Gods honest truth!
I was saying to myself"Please dear God,if I have to do CPR,let me get into his airway and not his stomach so he dont throw up in my mouth!
He was overwhelmed!But thank god he recovered!
Way to go Fran!

wolfsburg2
01-24-2003, 09:54 AM
what kind of rates for lessons?

TomBrooklyn
01-24-2003, 10:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>I was saying to myself "if I have to do CPR,let me get his airway and not his stomach so he dont throw up in my mouth!<hr /></blockquote>Don't forget to tilt the head back.

I was interviewing a guy for a job a couple of years ago. He was kind of nervous being interviewed, and he went into an epileptic siezure. I called for an ambulance and tried to stabilize and calm him in the meantime including keeping him from repeatedly smashing his own head on the concrete shop floor. The whole thing was pretty scary. I wasn't sure if the guy was going to die right in front of me.

I guess Fran's classes can be pretty intense.

Fran Crimi
01-24-2003, 10:45 AM
If you live in the NYC area, you can join in our Sunday workshops during Jan and Feb. 12:30 to 2, $10 per person, includes table time. This is for NY area residents only, and we have to like you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you plan on coming in from out of town, we want to interview you first to help you determine which would be the best way for you to improve your game within your time-frame, whether it is within a group situation, private lessons, or a combination of both. With the exception of instructor training, where the cost is pre-determined by the BCA, we work with each student individually to put together a package that works for them, so the costs will vary.

Fran

wolfsburg2
01-24-2003, 10:56 AM
thanks for the reply. i will contact you when i am ready/off this terrible work schedule /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Fran Crimi
01-24-2003, 01:14 PM
Carol, I think it was the concept of tangent lines that really upset him. Angles, angles, angles, 90 degrees, sliding cue balls....thump! LOL

Fran

Chris Cass
01-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Hi Fran,

I watched a guy getting shakey one day and I asked what was going on? He didn't know but he said it must have been his blood pressure, and he was getting dizzy. I watched him shoot for awhile and noticed when he was down on the ball before shooting he'd hold his breath. Soon as I told him the right way he quickly felt better. Funny how some don't realize things happening, that are ever so simple.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
01-25-2003, 06:20 AM
Yep Tom,
head MUST be tilted back for clear passageway!Otherwise,OOPS!