PDA

View Full Version : Hal Houle's aiming method

silverbullet
01-22-2003, 06:15 AM
He taught me one of the three he has in nov. I am supposed to meet with him fora whole day free in may to learn the other two.

I did not have time to practice until recently due to some udder stuff...

It works super, better than I expected and appears to take out the varible of throw.

bw

silverbullet
01-22-2003, 06:45 AM
Actually the aim is from hal, shot setup from what charlie told ww and preshot from what it looked like charlie was doing. will watch him again on mosconi where i have him taped

unless charlie wants to jump in... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bw

Gayle in MD
01-22-2003, 10:13 AM
Hi there, and I sure am sorry I missed him if he was in the maryland area. I had called him some time back, and he promised to contact me when he came my way, maybe he lost my number. Please contact me when you hear from him regarding his next arrival in Maryland.
Thanks
Gayle in Md /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

silverbullet
01-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Gayle, I will be calling him soon.He told me he was going to be in pa so I planned to do the 2 hr drive to meet him. One other person was interested in meeting with him too and that person wrote me pvt. So maybe he would want to work with more than one person <G>

Geez, I hope he is still coming.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hi there, and I sure am sorry I missed him if he was in the maryland area. I had called him some time back, and he promised to contact me when he came my way, maybe he lost my number. Please contact me when you hear from him regarding his next arrival in Maryland.
Thanks
Gayle in Md /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

qSHAFT
01-22-2003, 04:28 PM
The variable of throw can also be taken out with a 1/4 tip of outside english.

TonyM
01-22-2003, 06:30 PM
And if you need inside english or no english for position?

Tony

Troy
01-22-2003, 09:21 PM
The last time I talked with Hal, his move/trip east from California has been delayed indefinitely. He is probably still willing to discus his ideas on the phone. Plan on being at a table if you call him.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> Gayle, I will be calling him soon.He told me he was going to be in pa so I planned to do the 2 hr drive to meet him. One other person was interested in meeting with him too and that person wrote me pvt. So maybe he would want to work with more than one person &lt;G&gt;

Geez, I hope he is still coming.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hi there, and I sure am sorry I missed him if he was in the maryland area. I had called him some time back, and he promised to contact me when he came my way, maybe he lost my number. Please contact me when you hear from him regarding his next arrival in Maryland.
Thanks
Gayle in Md /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

qSHAFT
01-22-2003, 09:23 PM
Hmmm....thats a tricky one...well then you would probably have to compensate for throw now, wouldn't you?

Rod
01-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Seeing this post reminds me of something. Hal said he was comming through Phoenix later in the year. He asked if I wanted to compare notes. Well that was last year! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Somehow I completely forgot, not sure what happened, sorry Hal maybe this year.

silverbullet
01-23-2003, 06:01 AM
this is the problem i have had too, plus not being an expert i noticed that a little eng did not solve the problem and that how much depended on the cut and the ball speed etc...

ww uses this method, i used aim to compensate for throw...he once was showing me this difficult cut [well difficult for me /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif], ob well away from pocket, cb at other end, approx 60 degrees....he was telling me, insisting i must say that oe was the only way to make this shot to get it running back up the table. this is a shot i would have normally used ie or centerball to make.. when i pointed out other ways to get the ball back up the table, he looked at me like i was dumb..

well i am sure that there is lots that i do onot understand about this marvelous game. that is what makes the learning so much fun...

bw

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TonyM:</font><hr> And if you need inside english or no english for position?

Tony <hr /></blockquote>