PDA

View Full Version : Rod, thanks for the advice.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-22-2003, 09:41 AM
This is Rod's tag line:

<font color="blue">be smooth, better control, more power, with less effort.</font color>

This is probably the best advice I've read on this board. My BCA instructor tried to drill this into our heads, but seeing it here has reinforced it. This has won at least a few matches for me. Just Monday night I had a thick cut down table into the corner and I needed to follow to the short rail and back out to the center of the table. I stroked it smooth with a good follow-thru and got perfect position. Later on I had to draw back between 14 and 18 inches to get position on the match ball. I stroked it smooth with a good follow-thru and drew back 16 inches.

Thanks Rod.

Wally~~ aka Mr. Smooth /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stretch
01-22-2003, 12:22 PM
So there's not enough o's in smooth to describe you now eh Wally? lol

Yes i'm with you on that one buddy. I used to tighten up on the money ball and stab at it. You know right away when you do it too, but by then it's too late. Now when i have to cut down a tester, or cinch a ball, it's a long, smooth stroke that's been getting it done. Great advice that. "thanks" from me too Rod. St

SPetty
01-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Okay, Rod, I'll jump on this bandwagon too. I regularly use this tag line while playing, particularly on the tough shots that require the smooth, powerful stroke - like the follow shot and the draw shot described by Wally. I don't always get the saying exactly right in my head, but I'm close enough to make it count.

If you ever change your tag line, I'll be lost!

Rod
01-22-2003, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
be smooth, better control, more power, with less effort.

This is probably the best advice I've read on this board. My BCA instructor tried to drill this into our heads, but seeing it here has reinforced it. <hr /></blockquote>

You mean you actually fell for that line! LOL Glad it helps there Mr Smoooooth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <font color="blue"> </font color>

Rod
01-22-2003, 09:53 PM
SPetty, the band wagon eh? Well it seems like a very small parade! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Yes it's the thought that counts. Glad it helps, I certanly wouldn't want you to be lost.

Rod
01-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Hi Stretch,
It's a wonder anyone could be smooth in that blizzard country of yours. I'd be shaking everywhere. They would call me Shakey. Don't know how you people handle it, I'd need more antifreeze!

Chris Cass
01-23-2003, 01:00 AM
Hi Ya Wally,

Did I ever mention that me and Rod are brothers? Oh yea, we used to look alike till, I got more distinguished looking.

Regards,

C.C.~~trying to get credit for something. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
01-23-2003, 01:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Ya Wally,

Did I ever mention that me and Rod are brothers?

Yes it's true we were sighameeeze twins. When separated CC went to corn country and I to the desert. Not sure who got the worst of that deal! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Oh yea, we used to look alike till, I got more distinguished looking.

Yes true again, you comb your hat so much better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~trying to get credit for something. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You get lots of credit, don't believe me ---------------------------- just look at your credit card statement! ha ha ha ha ha

Stretch
01-23-2003, 10:46 AM
Wow CC. You and Rod Sighameeze twins? Didn't you guys take a vacation in Britain so Rod could drive too?? LOL St