PDA

View Full Version : IMO

Chris Cass
01-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Hello everyone,

While driving my wife, K-Mom suggested, I spend my pocket money for my sons food for the evening and pool. She was reluctant to give up her money but gave me $20. Leaving her with $9.00. That's $5.00 for leagues, a possible $1.50 for the table if she has to rack twice, due to line up position. Leaving her $3.50 to eat with and a soft drink.

The $20. for me would give me my son Christ Aka Spike table time for a possible 2 hrs. at $400.hr. and $4.25 for his Chicken bite and orange soda addiction. (Because they don't have Mountain Dew) plus $.75 tip to the girl. That's a possible $13.00 and my $5.00 and possible $1.50 for the table and one coke at $1.25 plus $.75 tip to the girl. That makes it a possible $21.50. I gave my wife back the $20. to make her feel better in case of an emergency. Then said in the car, "everyone should have pocket money." BTW Christ likes to leave his money convienently at home, everytime. (smart cookie)

Well, then my son said, "Dad, how much money should someone have for pocket money?" I said, "good question son." It all depends on your age. I said, if your me? Well, I think $500. is the perfect amount. If you run across a good deal on a cue worth something? You have $500. to offer. If you run into a game, you have $500., it's enough to win enough and enough to fade a good roll. If you get into trouble? It's the right amount to get out of it on the spot.

Well, my son said, what if someone steals it? I told him, you don't tell anyone you have it on you. If it does happen then it hurts but it's better than losing your life over. As K-Mom took all of this in she looked at me and said, "I don't mind that you have $40. for pocket money." I don't think she got my point. Better yet, who could I beat now anyway? hahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~or access too.

Karatemom
01-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Trust me darling. You don't need $500 in pocket money. You already have a cue, so you don't need another one. The only game you should worry about right now is the one you're playing with your life!

Seeing as how you had $40 in your pocket and I had $29, I think it was very nice of me to offer you, and give you I might add, the $20 that I had, only leaving me with $9. Besides, I said I'd make sure you get the $40 back, didn't I?

Heide ~ financially correct!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
01-22-2003, 08:30 PM
Pocket money (Mad money) is what you want it to be.. I carry some cash..but not much.. I use to carry a folded $100 bill until just recently..

I don't like to be in public and not have any cash.. credit card at dinner... always a cash tip for the waitress.

Voodoo Daddy
01-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Before my first marriage, $500 was a light bankroll. While I was with her $250 was a strong B.R.!! Now, anything less than $500 I feel busted. CC, I bet 5-1 Christ will build his B.R. to NASA size perportions!! Now give K-Mom some chedder so she has a few bullets, will ya...geez!!!

Chris Cass
01-22-2003, 11:11 PM
HAHAHAHA

Hi Voodoo,

I have always been the type of husband to let Heide control the checkbook and all the doe. My pocket money I use for profit or donations. LOL I don't let my fun get into the way of my family needs. They come first, always. I was merely trying to finagle a few bucks out of her. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL I know if we go to a tourney or possibly run across a game that I can count on her to give it up. That's if we've got it. Lately, with what's going on my Dr. thinks I'm rich(not Rich R. but the same thing.hahaha) He prescribes me pills that cost about $74. for 1/2 script. So, I don't need that kind of doe really.

Regards,

C.C.~~knows Voodoo is in cohoots with K-Mom. Dennis (dddd) too. hahahahaha dddd, has a way of cutting straight to my heart. He's a good man.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
01-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Ah yes money. $500 is a tidy sum to carry, most of the time it is enough. Some years ago I'd feel naked with so little though. I use to carry at least $2000 just in case the bet got high. Chris you mentioned if someone was selling a cue. I can't tell you the amout of times I bought a cue. They may not have asked me first but it come around because I was the only one with the cash. It pays to carry extra.

Barbara
01-22-2003, 11:42 PM
You are the greatest wife, Heide!!! Not too many wives will offer their pocket money out of their wallets to their hubbies.

In fact, I have the Big Guy "trained" that he can always ask, but he "thinks" he can't go into my pocketbook to get it, I have to fish my wallet out and give him the money!!! It's hilarious! We always eat out on Fridays, and if he's short, I front him the bucks. Hell, I gotta eat, too!!

Sometimes they do suprise ya!!!

Barbara~~~just got home from work and the cats are doing time trials up and down the stairs just to wake the Big Guy up.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Barbara
01-23-2003, 12:08 AM
Yeah yeah yeah...

And you probably have a few C-notes hidden in a very skanky unmatched sock or a part of briefs she only sees you dancing in for your "date nights"!!!

Yeah, you guys can't fool us too much!! We know where to look, and all of the "last resource" places you can think of!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~not snooping, but suspects... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
01-23-2003, 12:12 AM
Mad Money!!!

That's what I call it!!

Hey! If it buys the "Old Man" a 14" Bandsaw (still on back order for two months), then I guess it's a GOOD THING!!!

Barbara~~~always saving for a rainy day... two and three of them... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
01-23-2003, 12:47 AM
HAHAHAHAHA

Oh Barbara,

You kill me. Is there anything you don't know? LOL I guess after being married awhile you kind of know everything the other person has or puts it. LOL I have a hiding place in my wallet but Heide knows that I'm sure. I know I can't get away with anything. She makes me think so but I really know. LOL

I haven't had a C-Note in my wallet since? Peoria, but then again I had my BCA check from Vegas in my wallet for 6 mths. She knew it but I was stubborn and didn't cash it. I kept winning all this doe and didn't need to. hahahah She kept saying you'd better cash it. It might have an expire date on it? It didn't and the next one I'm saving for a rainy day too. Only this one will come from the masters event. I'm hoping. LOL If I can get enough prep time in.

Regards,

C.C.~~nothing gets by Agent 99...Nothing..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
01-23-2003, 01:12 AM
See, usually he asks me for the doe. If I have it, I give it to him, even if it leaves me short. That's just how nice I am. Very rarely does he give me any money. Why you ask? Because I'm in charge, that's why!!! hahahahahahahaha

Heide ~ has her own stash of bullets hidden, somewhere

Karatemom
01-23-2003, 01:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> HAHAHAHA

Hi Voodoo,

I have always been the type of husband to let Heide control the checkbook and all the doe. <hr /></blockquote>

LET ME? LET ME????? Oh, I don't think so. I know better than to leave the checkbook with you. All of a sudden, there are checks written to Lowe's whenever you get your hands on that checkbook. Then you always say the same thing, "I just couldn't help myself".

Heide ~ face it babe, you need the handyman's helpline

Karatemom
01-23-2003, 01:22 AM
Sounds like our hubbies are the same. Chris won't go in my purse, either. I have to go in and get it out for him. When we get out to eat, I'll give him the money to pay. The way I see it, it's our money, not mine and not his, so either way makes no difference to me. But it does give me a certain amount of power over him having "control" over the doe.

Heide

Kato
01-23-2003, 07:28 AM
I won't give Katy my money 'cause I've been there done that. If she wants something and doesn't have any bread I'll pay immediately. She does carry my cell phone when we're out, of course when it rings I have to wait for her to give it to me.:( I'm not going in her purse, I figure if there was something in there for me to see she'd put it on the counter.

Mad money? $200 or so usually, took $1200 to the U.S. Open and I thought I was rich.

Kato~~~once had a woman control the bills and the checkbook, only ended up $25,000 in the hole. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Barbara
01-23-2003, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LET ME? LET ME????? Oh, I don't think so. I know better than to leave the checkbook with you. All of a sudden, there are checks written to Lowe's whenever you get your hands on that checkbook. Then you always say the same thing, "I just couldn't help myself".

Heide ~ face it babe, you need the handyman's helpline <hr /></blockquote>

Heide! Is there somewhere we can send Chris and Pete for some 12-step help or something??!! I swear, the man has all these ideas for doing this and that, but I still need for him to fix and finish the kitchen ceiling from the water damage from a storm 4 years ago!!!!

Barbara~~~married to "Sir Macs-a-lot-He-lives-for-Home-Depot"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
01-23-2003, 11:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> You don't need $500 in pocket money. You already have a cue, so you don't need another one.<hr /></blockquote>
Heide, it is obvious, you just don't understand. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
01-23-2003, 12:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr>Heide, it is obvious, you just don't understand. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Okay, then Rich, explain it to me. Make me understand. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Heide

Kato
01-23-2003, 12:37 PM
I think the theory goes a little like this:

You can never have enough.

Kato

Rich R.
01-23-2003, 12:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Okay, then Rich, explain it to me. Make me understand. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Heide <hr /></blockquote>
Well, Heide, it is like this. One of the MOST important laws of nature says,

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

Most guys just want to be winners.
In other words, it's just a "guy thing." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
01-23-2003, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Mad Money!!!

That's what I call it!!

Hey! If it buys the "Old Man" a 14" Bandsaw (still on back order for two months), then I guess it's a GOOD THING!!!

Barbara~~~always saving for a rainy day... two and three of them... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara, you know what really bugs me? You need a tool, in this case a 14" band saw. Now this saw is probably ideal for dozens of projects. It will do exactly what you want and possibly fit into a perfect location. Ok now your ready, you have plans for that next great project or home improvement in a week or two. Go down to the tool supply and buy one or in this case order one. What the *&amp;%#$$, it's like your begging to give them your money but they can't supply. It almost seems as if you need to front the company or Mfg money so they can build it personally for you. It's not just tools either, sometimes you just can't give money away. Some of these places need a wake up call, HELLO its me, I'm a customer. I go another direction when that stuff happens when possible. Ok I'll go to the back burner for a while, I've vented!

Hope Pete gets his saw pretty soon.

Chris Cass
01-23-2003, 02:08 PM
Finally,
someone who understands me. lol Spoken like a true American. Now, if Heide gets mad? Your on your own. hahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~guys just want to have fun too. It's a primal thing. Men, must have the power of the juice. In this case, the doe. I just don't feel right without a BR. I know this because I haven't felt right in awhile. hahahahaa /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
01-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Hey Babe,

I haven't been the same since they closed down the Ace Hardware store across from the old ph. I used to love going every sunday and just walk around for hrs. just looking at stuff. I have to admit though, I did need everything I saw for something.

Luv ya,

C.C.~~the good old days....