PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know Bucky Bell ??

Wally_in_Cincy
01-24-2003, 09:25 AM
Greetings pool fans,

So anyway we're playing APA league last night and this young girl comes up to me and asks how does she get on a league. I told her usually people that frequent a certain tavern get involved in it thru their fellow patrons. I wish I had room on my team, she was kinda cute. Anyway I gave her the league op's phone number and said call him cause some team is usually looking for a player.

Then she proceeds to tell me how good she is (I watched her play, she might be a 3) and she used to play with a guy named Bucky Bell. She said "I was gonna go on the tour with him" and "He used to play for ESPN". I said honey he mighta been bull$hittin' ya. Well I got in "pool detective" mode this morning and I see his name on BCA Masters list. Anybody know him? I'm sure Tom_in_Cincy does. She said he hangs at Beechmont Billiards now.

Just curious TIA

Wally~~"used to be 7" and "paid his way thru college playing pool" yeah riiiight....

Wally_in_Cincy
01-24-2003, 09:31 AM
Viking 9-Ball Tour Stop 15
February 26-27, 2000
Michael's Billiards
Fairfield, OH

Place Player Name Prize Money
1st place Gary Spaeth $1,820.00
2nd place John Brumback $1,175.00
3rd place Eric Durbin $775.00
4th place Mike Cantrell $485.00
5th place Jonathan Pinegar $240.00
5th place Tommy Stephenson $240.00
7th place Richard Russoniello $160.00
7th place Dee Adkins $160.00
9th place Chris Hutchison $70.00
9th place John Dunn $70.00
9th place Mike Grooms $70.00
9th place Tony Mougey $70.00
13th place Rick Carrelli $50.00
13th place Jerry Conkle $50.00
13th place Jeremy Pride $50.00
13th place <font color="red">Bucky Bell</font color> $50.00

Tom_In_Cincy
01-24-2003, 09:59 AM
Wally,
If she was all of 100# and young looking.. I think I know who she is. And, she did have some lessons from Bucky while he worked at Beechmont Billiards.. a few years ago. She should be a 4 easy.. and will get better.. if its the same girl I am thinking about.

Bucky was a road player for a very long time.. He was one of the best bar table players I've ever seen..but now he only plays cards.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-24-2003, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Wally,
If she was all of 100#

<font color="red">about 140 but she might have gained some </font color>
and young looking..
<font color="red">looked about 22 or 23...shoulder length blond hair. pretty face. </font color>

I think I know who she is. And, she did have some lessons from Bucky while he worked at Beechmont Billiards..

<font color="blue">I just remembered, she knew him from Michael's. Probably a different girl.. </font color>
a few years ago. She should be a 4 easy.. and will get better..

<font color="red">maybe she hasn't played in a while, she didn't look like a 4. She was beating her young male friends, but that's not saying much /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. </font color>

if its the same girl I am thinking about.

Bucky was a road player for a very long time.. He was one of the best bar table players I've ever seen..but now he only plays cards.

<font color="red">But did he "Play for ESPN" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanx for the info </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Fred Agnir
01-24-2003, 10:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Greetings pool fans,

Well I got in "pool detective" mode this morning and I see his name on BCA Masters list. Anybody know him? <hr /></blockquote>

"A" player. Excellent bar player.

Fred

01-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Bucky was a very good road player, he has played in some pro tourney's, but never on ESPN I don't believe.
I could always tell who he was because he wore the thickest glasses I've ever seen on a pool player.

cheesemouse
01-24-2003, 11:42 AM
Wally,
In the mid-80's I saw Bucky Bell lose the flip to Mark Tad, race to 7/barbox/$500. Didn't get to see Bucky hit any balls so I can't say how he played. Bucky doubled the bet and moved the game to a nine-footer...BAD MOVE...still didn't get to see him hit any balls...seems to have some heart.......LOL LOL... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Voodoo Daddy
01-24-2003, 06:40 PM
I played Bucky Bell in a Bar-Box tournament in the late 80's. Good Bar-Boxer no doubt...

Vagabond
01-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Howdy folks,
7 or 8 years ago I walked into playing field in Richmond,Va. Bucky was plaing Bill Stephen,pro player and the owner of the place.I said hello to Bucky.Then all the sweatters who were curious about Bucky( wondering who this guy was)rushed towards me and started asking me about him.I did not say much but told them what his name was.I did not any more questions.Interestingly,even Bill did not know Bucky.By the way Bucky can play very well with one hand.He lived in Alabama also.I like him but not his thick glasses.He is a country boy.cheers
vagabond

01-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Saw Bucky a few months agoplay barbox tourn.He got beat late in the tournament and shouted out:I'll play anyone in the place except ''the big guy,and w/ alittle weight I,ll play him too!''the big guy was Shaun Putnam. ha ha. He still is a strong barbox player.I don,t know if he played anyone or not.