01-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Check out these stories..

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=billiards+

SPetty
01-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Why?

Tom_In_Cincy
01-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Why?..you ask.. because there is a lot of positive news about billiards out there.. and it out-weighs the bad news..

Just more info.. that shows that the Billiad parlors have been doing some good news promoting..

NH_Steve
01-25-2003, 07:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Why?..you ask.. because there is a lot of positive news about billiards out there.. and it out-weighs the bad news..
<hr /></blockquote>Right on!

Scott Lee
01-25-2003, 12:10 PM
AMEN! Keep up the good work Tom! I love checking out those links...and I am too busy (or too lazy...LOL) to find them myself! Same kudos to Wally for the tv listings! Boy, you Cincinnati guys are great!

Scott

Fran Crimi
01-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the link, Tom. There's some really interesting stuff out there. I was thinking I'd like to try to catch that tournament in Kuwait, but I'm not sure how to negotiate the shots with that veil over my face. I'm sure all those women pool players over there have it figured out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

Wally_in_Cincy
01-25-2003, 12:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Thanks for the link, Tom. There's some really interesting stuff out there. I was thinking I'd like to try to catch that tournament in Kuwait, but I'm not sure how to negotiate the shots with that veil over my face. I'm sure all those women pool players over there have it figured out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Talk about pressure. If you miss they cut off your right hand.

snipershot
01-25-2003, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Why?..you ask.. because there is a lot of positive news about billiards out there.. and it out-weighs the bad news..

Just more info.. that shows that the Billiad parlors have been doing some good news promoting..
<hr /></blockquote>

I agree that there is more good news about billiards out there than bad news. But the bad news seems to get more media attention than all the good stuff. All the recent killings around pool halls are good examples, the media has been awfully quick to jump onto these stories. As a result the average person who isn't gonna search high and low for news about pool is probably only going to see this bad stuff. If this bad stuff stopped all this attention might be focused onto the better things that are happening with the sport.