PDA

View Full Version : Good equipment!

silverbullet
01-24-2003, 05:22 PM
We shot at a new ph with 9ft brunswick/simonis cloth today. I shot better than I ever have on the more difficult cuts. The nice equipment did not help my banks, however. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Our regular ph has old brunswick crowns, nice tables, but they do not take care of the balls, cloth etc. My table at home is okay I guess for practicing but not nearly as good as the ones we played on today.

My brain tells that 'it isnt the wand, it is the magician', ie, a really good player can play on anything.

Does the equipment radically affect the play of even good players, or when a person is very good, are they able to play good regardless?

bw

9 Ball Girl
01-24-2003, 07:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> Does the equipment radically affect the play of even good players, or when a person is very good, are they able to play good regardless?
bw <hr /></blockquote>

I think it's just a matter of adjusting to the equipment. When you're playing in different pool halls like I do, the tables aren't all the same, some might have better cloth, older cloth, different brand of balls, you just have to take the time out to shoot a couple to adjust. JMO

Chris Cass
01-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap.

C.C.

TonyM
01-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Good players can adapt to equipment changes quickly. But it does affect what can or cannot be done on the table. So it can affect the type of position patterns and shots that you might chose.

But in general, good players play well regardless of the equipment.

But they, like everyone else tend to play better on better equipment.

Tony