PDA

View Full Version : Upright Vac: Bag or Bagless Preferred?

TomBrooklyn
01-24-2003, 08:15 PM
UPRIGHT VACUME CLEANER:

Bag or Bagless? Which is better? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What say you, and why? /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

(How often do bagless filters need cleaning, and is it messy?) /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Self propelled or push? I'm leaning toward push as I hear you get a better feel of the cleaning action.

Men: ask spouse as neccessary.

Chris Cass
01-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Hi Tom,

Bagless, Hepa and self propelled.

Regards,

C.C.~~knows these suckers.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
01-24-2003, 08:45 PM
Tom,
Upright bagless. We used an older Eurecka at the pool room. It did a good job and for home use it would take quite a while before it needs emptied. It was a little dusty when emptied so you do that outside. When the height is right it helps pull itself along. We had it refurbished every couple of years. Bars/rooms are tough on them because of all the stuff they pick up. Coins etc beat up the fan and housing. We sold that vacuum to a bar and it's still in use today.

Tom_In_Cincy
01-24-2003, 10:55 PM
Wooden or tile floors with damp mop.. works great for me

Throw rugs.. that can be beaten on the line out back.. by the youngens

CarolNYC
01-25-2003, 06:26 AM
Tom,
You are too funny-I have the Hoover selfpropelled windtunnel-it just glides along very easily-I must vacuum quickly so as to have more time to practice!LMAO
Carol

TomBrooklyn
01-25-2003, 07:54 AM
Hi Carol,
I was thinking of getting one of those because Home Depot carries a couple of models. I checked epinions.com and it got rave reviews. But I also checked Amazon.com where it got mixed reviews. Some people loved it, and some hated it, citing that it had some parts that broke a lot. Home Depot has a super return policy though so if I bought it there I would be better protected than buying it anywhere else I know of.

Do you have the bag or bagless?

- Tom
~ You can find out about anything on Cue Chalk Board ...thanks for the comments.~

9 Ball Girl
01-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Hi Tom. Funny you should mention vacuums. My Eureka is on its last leg and I'm on the market for a bagless sucker. I was thinking of getting one of these bagless models:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/assets/product_images/380/46034884377.jpg Dirt Devil for $139

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/assets/product_images/380/495611959008P.JPG Hoover fo $189

silverbullet
01-25-2003, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Tom,
You are too funny-I have the Hoover selfpropelled windtunnel-it just glides along very easily-I must vacuum quickly so as to have more time to practice!LMAO
Carol <hr /></blockquote>

Does it pick up dog hair?

bw

Rod
01-25-2003, 01:05 PM
This thread sucks. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

silverbullet
01-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Well could not help myself. We went to sams and got the new hoover windtunnel or i guess it is the new one...we could not wait to vacuum our pool table. we do have our priorities...the real acid test. would it get up malamute hair...answer YES.

bw

Chris Cass
01-25-2003, 10:11 PM
BW,

It'll pick up the whole dog. LOL

C.C.

silverbullet
01-25-2003, 10:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> BW,

It'll pick up the whole dog. LOL

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Yikes, all 106lb? We already had to empty it out about three times during one vacuuming and it was all mal hair, and we just vaccumed two days ago.:p

And now the siberian is blowing coat also. I rubbed her back today and fur was flying through the air with the greatest of ease.

bw

CarolNYC
01-26-2003, 03:09 AM
Hi Tom,
I do have the one with the bag-it is also hepa filtered(if you ever noticed when you vacuum in the sun,you see all this dust,but with the hepa,it catches all that nasty allergy stuff:)-but i know there is a new one out now that is bagless-a good idea is to get the warranty on it-Jim acted like mcgyver and thought he could fix it,but NOT! So it is being repaired and they actually give you a loaner,same kind, until its ready-and it didnt cost a thing! I believe any appliances over 300,00 should be warranteed-all my appliances are-its a good deal!
Good luck!
Have a great day!
Carol~works wonderful on table!:)

Gayle in MD
01-28-2003, 07:30 AM
Tom, Bagless vacumme? Would be impossible at my house, since it won't work without the old bag behind it, LMAO!
Gayle ion Md.

Chris Cass
01-28-2003, 02:14 PM
That's not what I heard. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.~~sounds like a woofing here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
02-08-2003, 12:22 AM
I went to Home Depot and got the Hoover Windtunnel. I liked to buy it there because I can put in on my HD credit card and can pay it off in up to six months without interest, and if I don't like it, they'll probably take it back. They only had two models, one for a hundred and one for three hundred, and they both had bags. I got the better one. It seemed like a lot of money to spend on a vacuum cleaner, but like you Carol, I don't want to be fooling around and spending more time than necessary vacuuming. The self propel is pretty cool. I wonder if it will hold up though. I move that sucker back and forth pretty fast and it seems like it is going to get a lot of wear and tear on it.

It only came with a short hose and I had to go to a local appliance store to get the twenty foot extension. They had a newer Hoover there, the WindTunnel V2!! It has two beater bars on it and sucks up the dirt on both sides or something. It looked better than the one I got for the same price and was bagless. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the tips. I have to go clean now.

=Tom

CarolNYC
02-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Thats the one,Tom,
It will hold up as long as no one "McGyvers" it,:):)
I,too,have seen the V2,but until this one drops dead,I have no need to purchase the newer model and I think by then, robots will be doing the cleaning,ha ha ha ha
Have a nice day!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
02-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Hi Carol. They've already got robotic vacuums. This one is called the Roomba. http://www.roombavac.com/images/home-robot-right.jpg

http://www.roombavac.com/

Eureka has one too: http://www.eureka.com/whatsnew/images/redrobot.jpg

http://www.eureka.com/whatsnew/robotvacupdate.htm

Wendy~~if I ever get one, I'll name her Rosie /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
02-09-2003, 05:29 AM
Greetings and Salutations Wendy,(Demolition Man)
I knew we'd reach the "Jetsons" era soon!:)
Stay well!
Carol:):):)