PDA

View Full Version : Push outs and the APA

03-14-2002, 03:01 PM
Does anyone out there have a reasonable explanation as to why the APA does NOT allow push outs after the break in 9-Ball? I bugs the #### out of me, but I've gotten over it by and large.
It's just frustrating to watch one of my lesser skilled teamates fall into this situation:
A level 2 player gets fortunate and drains the 9 while playing a S/L 6. Then, when she goes to break, she pockets a ball, but finds herself with no shape on the one ball whatsoever. After giving ball in hand the S/L 6, he proceeds to run out. A push out would have really helped her out in this situation.
Why not allow push outs?

Tim

Chris Cass
03-14-2002, 03:12 PM
Hi Tim,
I'm not familuar with the APA so I can't answer the question for you. I will say if she can't kick the ball, she could opt to tie up a ball or two. I've played this way before and can say I do like it. Even if she was allowed to push out still, it should be to a bank or a jump. That might be equally as hard for the 2.
Best Regards,
C.C.~~took Tim's advice and came back.

03-14-2002, 03:21 PM
Hey C.C.,
I'm sure everyone on this board is glad you're back!

Anyway, in this situation, she actually hooked herself in a corner pocket opening and really couldn't even successfully tie up anything. Obviously, her skill level dictated that the 4 rail kick with hard right english to get to the 1,2, or 3 on the table was simply a pipe dream...

Tim