PDA

View Full Version : Extremely white shafts

Buckster_uk
01-25-2003, 02:29 PM
I am looking for a cue which has an extremely white shaft, just a personal preference I have. I have seen the 5280 cues in Corey Deuel's range, I see they are extremely white. Do you guys know of any other range of cues which have extremely white shafts? I was looking over the Viking Cues, how do these compare?

01-25-2003, 02:46 PM
My viking isn't very white at all, however, my action sneaky pete jump/break cue is very white so maybe you should check out some action cues.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TonyM
01-25-2003, 04:22 PM
Personally I don't like white shafts at all! They look anemic to me. And in my experience with shaft wood, they are often a little bit softer than the slightly tan wood.

However, if you must have "white" wood, then yes, many of the Viking line of cues have white shafts. Also, a lot of the newer Predator 314 shaft (Corey uses a 314) are very white.

But to be honest with you, no production cue manufacturer specifies that all shafts should be white. So it is best to either see a picture of the cue before buying, or even better, get to see the cue itself and hit a few balls with it before buying.

The colour of the shaft is not a good indication of it's quality.

Tony

01-25-2003, 05:10 PM
I think my cuetec cue.. is pretty white..