PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Mid Atlantic......LONG

cueball1950
01-25-2003, 09:29 PM
I just want to thank Brady for putting on such a good tournament. Even though the field was not full,the quality of players there was outstanding. I got to say hi to Vicky again. earl was his usual self. They were playing on the 9' diamond coin op tables. The same ones used at the DCC. No complaints from the players about them. earl was up on Luc Salvas 6/1 and Luc caught fire. Made a couple of 9's on the break and the next thing you know Luc beats earl 11/7.You can imagine Earls reaction. Watched Bustamante and Morris play. They lagged for the break. Busta won and the 1st time Rodney had a shot was in the 7th game. Busta won 11/1 or 2. Don't remember. Busta looks unbeatable. Real sharp. The weather was cold and snowy. They said VA. Beach got somewhere around 5" of snow. Antway i had a good time and hopefully next year it will grow and be better. Some players paid and did not show up. Ginky and Fabio Petronie and Evegeny Stalev are a few that come to mind.. Anyway thanks again to Brady for making me feel welcome as always.Maybe next year a few more CCB"rs can show up and we can all get together and have dinner together. Otherwise see you all in September at the Open. By the way. I was glad to see Brady and his Father getting along so well...catch you all later.........Mike

Tom_In_Cincy
01-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Jealous, Envious.. and downright feeling terrible.. that I couldn't attend.. Brady puts on a good show..

I wonder if Barry will miss his son come next Sept?

Good going BRADY..

snipershot
01-25-2003, 10:39 PM
wished i could've been there.

Harold Acosta
01-26-2003, 09:15 AM
cueball1950:

Could you shed some light on the reasons Allen Hopkins forfeited his match in the next round after beating Earl?

He was going so well in the losers brackets....any info on that?

Ross
01-26-2003, 09:27 AM
From Azbilliards:

"One opponent who scored victories over a number of players was the buffet at a local restaurant. A number of players came up feeling poorly after eating there and one player, Allen Hopkins, was not well enough to continue on in the tournament."

Allen must be pretty disappointed to go out this way after such a good showing against Earl.

Ross
01-26-2003, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>
I wonder if Barry will miss his son come next Sept?

Good going BRADY..
<hr /></blockquote>
Tom, I read somewhere that Brady and Barry were chummy again at the MidAtlantic tourney. For the sake of the sport, I hope that is true. They will be better as a team than as rivals, I would imagine.

Harold Acosta
01-26-2003, 09:39 AM
Ross, thanks for the info. I've been having some troubles reaching the AZ Billiards website.

Too bad for Allen, he could have probably been "fighting" his way to the finals...

Harold

SPetty
01-26-2003, 07:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Otherwise see you all in September at the Open. <hr /></blockquote>Or maybe May in Vegas?

Thanks for the story.

9 Ball Girl
01-27-2003, 03:48 PM
Hi Mike! I've already been asked to go next January and I will be there! If I don't see you at Valley Forge, maybe Vegas? Definitely VA in September!