PDA

View Full Version : GRAPHITE CUES

snipershot
01-25-2003, 10:30 PM
I recently got a graphite cue for my birthday, at first I was skeptical because I had heard bad things about graphite cues, well I've been playing with it for a little while now and I've found everything that I had heard to be completely false. My shotmaking ability has dramatically increased, I've had better control of whitey, and the most dramatic change has been my break. I've been getting the hardest breaks of my life with less effort, graphite cues really pack alot of punch when you break with them. So why has everyone been telling me bad things about these cues?

Tom_In_Cincy
01-25-2003, 10:53 PM
SniperShot

It might help if you listed all the bad things your pool buddies told you..

I just prefer wood.. the feel and hit. I've shot with the fiber clad (Cutec) and the Graphite cues before and just didn't like the NON-wood shaft feel.. I guess it might be that I am too set in my ways to accept these types of changes..

Glad you are playing better with your new cue..

snipershot
01-25-2003, 11:05 PM
The things they told me they disliked about graphite cues were that they couldn't control the CB, they were missing shots they normally made, and the most common complaint was that it just didn't "feel right", initially I didn't like the feel of it also but I gave it some time and once I got used to it I started to see these improvements in my game.

Tom_In_Cincy
01-26-2003, 12:15 AM
Can't argue with sucess.. Earl and Allison play with a fiberglass coated cue.. and they seem to make lots of shots.

Enjoy it all you can

CarolNYC
01-26-2003, 03:40 AM
Hi there,
I have a graphite eliminator cue 20 oz. that I use just for breaking-my shooting cue is a helmstetter=I dont know why anyone has said bad things abut it-seems like it works well for you,and if it works,by all means use it!
Good luck!
Carol:)

Icon of Sin
01-26-2003, 06:28 AM
In December i converted from Graphite to wood... my Cue before the graphite was a real cheapie so naturally i noticed improvment from graphite... but now I went to a decnet wood cue and my CB control and shot percentage has increased.

Not all the time is there a problem with the cue, some of the time it is the person using it. If someone is used to wood and then shoot with a graphite, of course there pocketing and control will be off, its like any other cue, it takes a while to get used too...

I dont like graphite cause it is sticky, this is one of the reasons why i went to wood. I like wood better now, i seem more consistant with wood.

01-26-2003, 03:54 PM
hey. i also play with a cuetec.. I love it... its all about getting use to the cue... i have an earl strickland 18 oz. cue... well.. since i'm a student, and not super rich. I love the thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

enjoy your cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snipershot
01-26-2003, 04:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Icon of Sin:</font><hr> In December i converted from Graphite to wood... my Cue before the graphite was a real cheapie so naturally i noticed improvment from graphite... but now I went to a decnet wood cue and my CB control and shot percentage has increased.

Not all the time is there a problem with the cue, some of the time it is the person using it. If someone is used to wood and then shoot with a graphite, of course there pocketing and control will be off, its like any other cue, it takes a while to get used too...

I dont like graphite cause it is sticky, this is one of the reasons why i went to wood. I like wood better now, i seem more consistant with wood. <hr /></blockquote>

Which part of your graphite cue is sticky? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I hope it's not near the tip interfering with your bridge hand, mine is extremely smooth near the top which is why I think I'm getting so much more breaking power. There is less friction than with a wood cue.

bigbro6060
01-27-2003, 12:16 AM
Graphite cues aren't the answer, they are an alternative, simple as that

SOme people love em, some prefer wood

no muss, no fuss /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Icon of Sin
01-27-2003, 07:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Which part of your graphite cue is sticky? I hope it's not near the tip interfering with your bridge hand, mine is extremely smooth near the top which is why I think I'm getting so much more breaking power. There is less friction than with a wood cue.

<hr /></blockquote>

thats exactly where, its normally in differnet spots on the stroking area of the shaft, I have to wipe it down constantly. My Graphite was really smooth at first, but after about 2 weeks it started to get kinda gritty and it seemed harder to clean and keep clean then wood.

snipershot
01-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Sorry to hear that, mine is sticky near the other end so it doesn't interfere at all with my shot. I've had mine for about a month and it's stayed smooth without me cleaning it once. I sure hope that doesn't happen with mine.

Icon of Sin
01-28-2003, 06:53 AM
I must be dirtier than the average guy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif