PDA

View Full Version : Totally disgustead and not impressed.

Chris Cass
01-26-2003, 04:52 AM
Well,

I finally got enough energy or stuborness to go to the ph and try this again. Two days ago I went into the room with my case and cue in hand. Worn down to a frazzel but was going to shoot, if it killed me. That was the plan, anyway.

I ordered some eggs over med and a coffee. It seems when I start to eat anything and till I'm done. I get this overwhelming blanket that makes me almost pass out. Every bite I start to knod. I order the bacon burnt beyond recognizion. I like it that way. It took me about 45 mins. to eat it, all the time knoding in and out. Still didn't polish the entire meal off. Enough to get rid of the nausia and most of my weak state of being.

Well, after eating and noticing everyone was playing had a partner, I watched. Finally, gotta game and told him, I can't play. I was totally out of gas and went home.

Well, I tried again with Heide and Christ. While shooting I ran into a son of a predominant TD on the next table. He recognized me and mentioned how thrilled he was with his new Coker Cue. I looked over and said cool, looks good.

He than began to tell me he and others found three cues left at their last event. Also, that was one of them and they had split them up. Well, I find this to be really low. I'm positive they had no intention in returning these cues and didn't hear the names of the others or the discriptions on the cues.

Now, I'm no snitch nor a rat when it comes to life but this is BS. IMO If someone is missing this cue for real and can describe it to me in detail. I'll give you the info needed in trying to retreve your $hit back. I cannot and will not condone this type of behavior. Never have and never will. You'd think a kid of a TD would say and do the right thing? It's beyond me.

Ok, it's your bad to leave your stuff laying around but still it's wrong. One day I had to use the bathroom at the ph. Now, I take my cue to the bathroom with me as everyone can attest for 11 yrs. I asked a friend to watch it one day and gave him my case. I come out of the rest room and my case was on the table and he was gone. Dart players and people I didn't know around it but luckily. It was still there. I was hopping mad but never again.

Regards,

C.C.~~pool players work for their equipment and don't deserve this from another. Mistakes happen but if there's a slight chance in rectifing a situation is possible then, do it. my .02 /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Leviathan
01-26-2003, 06:16 AM
Hiya, Chris. Disgusting and depressing. A lot of people don't really give a damn about their kids. If they did, they'd teach them to be human beings. On another subject: the bacon sounds good. If I were king of the world, I'd have somebody (Susan Sarandon, or Tina Turner, or Jacqueline Bisset, or Grace Jones) follow me around with a platter of hot, crisp, maple-cured bacon 24 hours a day.

Be cool, C-Man!
--D.M.

silverbullet
01-26-2003, 08:48 AM
Chris, I am sorry you are feeling so tired and worn out. I certainly know the feeling. I had about a month that I was not able to get up. luckily the pool table, at least an 8ft is in my living room and on some days was able to drag myself to the table for 30 minutes. It is so horrible of a feeling when one's body just will not cooperate with wanting to play the game that they love.

Will certainly continue to keep you in prayer and positive thoughts.

bw

Sid_Vicious
01-26-2003, 09:03 AM
I'm just like you on the lost cues issue. I always carry mine with me to the john as well or else ask that somebody watch it, my playing partners SHOULD know me that well by now and yet I'll sometimes find myself standing before the porcelain god and here comes my cue monitor cruising in, obviously leaving all my stuff left unattended. I'm beginning to think few people are contentious at all.

Those recovered cues simply grabbed for the taking is garbage. It doesn't take much effort to tell a bartender that you found a cue, and will have it if somebody adequately describes it. I have personally rescued cues knowing they were forgotten, and to this day they've always made it back to their owners..sid~~~no brag, just fact

silverbullet
01-26-2003, 09:15 AM
I also take my cue to the br. I do not even ask a teamate I trust to watch it since it could be stolen while they are distracted.

But I cannot conceive of picking up someone's cue and keeping it. I just cannot see not trying my very hardest to get it back to them.

bw

Sid_Vicious
01-26-2003, 09:40 AM
Not a cue story here...I was once in a checkout line in a grocery store in far north Dallas(Plano) when this young lady popped in to the checker shortly after leaving the store just frantic, AND MEAN TEAR STRICKEN, FALLING APART KINDA FRANTIC. It seems that she had lost a diamond bracelot her fiance(or husband) had give her just recently, and she knew she had it before leaving the store. The manager and the stock boys begin to collect, and I observed but then migrated out of the door heading to my car. The bracelet was partway between the store and my car lying on the ground, and let me tell you this was a hunk of fine jewlery, it had a string of nice diamonds(I learned quality in my hunt for a ring during for the wife I once had.) I returned with the piece, walked up behind the lady tapping her on the shoulder, she was still so upset she didn't seem to see I had her bracelot. It was a look on her face and moment I'll always personally cherish FAR more than any grubby gain I'd had from this if I had elected to keep it. Knowing the Plano, TX money...I probably just gave back a 20K item, and I'd do it all over again...sid~~~it's just the right thing to do

Barbara
01-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Chris,

I'm with you on this one. I don't care whether it's a cheap cue or a custom, what those punks did was wrong.

Why not turn the tables on them and "advertise" a Coker cue being found and point out that ass-wipe when the real owner comes looking for it?

Don't worry, what comes around goes around. They'll get theirs some other time.

Barbara

Fran Crimi
01-26-2003, 10:30 AM
Barbara, I'm sure you know this because you're a good person: When you take action against an injustice, you have to be prepared for a confrontation with the bad guys. Chris is in no shape to do that. The act of just eating breakfast is exhausting for him right now.

Chris, it's admirable that you care, and it shows your character, but let it go. Don't use up another ounce of your energy thinking about it. Negative thoughts are draining. Positive thoughts will help your healing process.

Then when you're all better, you can beat the crap out of 'em.

Fran

Voodoo Daddy
01-26-2003, 11:12 AM
Goomba, forget those creepy dudes for now. Keep you focus on the task at hand...gettin' healthy. Then when they forget that you knew all about their lil trechery, you can torture them one at a time on the green felt arena!! Remember, "I sip slowly from the sweet cup of revenge"!!!

Sid_Vicious
01-26-2003, 12:01 PM
I have another NPR story that aligns with your suggestion. I once dated a girl who actually liked a dog she saw in a park, a Chihuahua, so she grabbed it for her own. It so happened that her family was very cruel(imo) to the animal, whipping it with newspaper and the such, making it yelp and hide behind the refrigerator, scolding it for being untrained. All this killed my sole a little, so I went ahead and advertised(on the QT) that there had been a found dog and what address they could find it. The ad was made like a genuine "I found your dog" ad, and the people actually did come to their door and got their dog. To this day that family which stole the dog thinks that their grumpy father tattled. I believe the end justified the means in my situation...sid

Karatemom
01-26-2003, 12:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Chris, it's admirable that you care, and it shows your character, but let it go. Don't use up another ounce of your energy thinking about it. Negative thoughts are draining. Positive thoughts will help your healing process.

Then when you're all better, you can beat the crap out of 'em.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Very well put, Fran.

Heide

Tom_In_Cincy
01-26-2003, 12:23 PM
Chris,

there you are;

Fighting to eat your breakfast

Wanting to play pool

Being where you want to be

Watching the game you want to play..

And still thinking about the poor saps that forgot their cues..

What a guy.. you are turely a man's man.. I feel good knowing that you are a friend.

You still have the FIGHT.. keep it strong.. and btw.. I like my bacon crunchy too..

Chris Cass
01-26-2003, 12:47 PM
Sorry Duke,

All, I can supply is Catherine Zeta Jones. Oh forget that, I know it won't do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~get better soon DM..

Chris Cass
01-26-2003, 01:03 PM
Hi Barbara,

I know what your saying and and feel a lot of people feel the same way. I'm not afraid of any recourse. They might take. I just don't care enough about what they can do. Yep, it's the principal. If someone stoled my stuff or let say someone had my stuff. I would get it back regardless of what our law says about percentages.

I don't know how true that Tony Watson hold up was but I can tell you this. If they took 30 large from me? I would spend 60 large to make sure they never did it again. Like I have 2 nickels to rub togather. LOL

Now, back to sleep,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif B. and V. Loved my surprize. I'm so happy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
01-26-2003, 01:17 PM
Hi Fran,

You always seem to make good sence with my health in mind. Thank you for that. I don't want to hurt or fight with anyone. Especially right now. However, I have a code as Voodoo that I live by. That will be me no matter what condition I'm in. It's what makes us all unique.

I will simply give Dad a call and ask what he thinks and pass the buck. If it's ok by him, and I know it won't be $hit will cross the kids mind. People don't realize how small the pool world is. The same players at all the tourneys. Word gets around.

I once left my $15. piece of crap Cuetech w/McDermott bolt pin one day while in a rush. I guy I know picked it up. Unusual he would do this for me but he did. The cue wasn't a monitary loss but a sentimental loss. He returned it and I looked at him in a new light. I offered money or anything. He said, "an ice tea will do." I bought him ice tea everyday for a week and 1/2 till he begged me to stop. LOL That's me.

Regards,

C.C.~~really likes Fran posting again.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
01-26-2003, 01:17 PM
C.C.~~ B. and V. Loved my surprize. I'm so happy.

See??!! What did I tell you?!

Barbara~~~never even hinted at spilling the beans... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
01-26-2003, 01:34 PM
HAHAHAHA

Hi Voodoo,

That kid was bragging about how loud his break was and that he was crushing the balls. I had to look at Heide and laugh. I would break his ear drums and I know plenty that's better than mine. Beat me? hahaha He couldn't fade my cancer game. LOL That's weak...

I'm not sweating anything. I say what I say and let it go. Giving up the fight for life any? Steve, I don't want you to think neg of me but, I don't have anything left to fight with. I'm done, come Mon. all will be over but the surgery. Still can't believe, I made it this far. It's because of Heide, Christ, you and everyone here, that's made me see this day. Soon, I'll see another in Vegas, VF, DCC, and meet all the people I can, that's carried me through this hell.

Regards,

C.C.~~I'm living proof of how important a pre-shot routine is.

Chris Cass
01-26-2003, 01:36 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap.

C.C.~~Sid has the code too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
01-26-2003, 03:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>
However, I have a code as Voodoo that I live by. That will be me no matter what condition I'm in. It's what makes us all unique.

<hr /></blockquote>

I think I can relate. Ha!

Chris, I don't know $hit from $hitola about what it must feel like having platinum running through your veins. I figure it's got to knock the holy bejeezes out of you. Yep. I understand codes. Family comes first--you even said it yourself. So if you get weaker, so do they.

Next time you're eating bacon and eggs in a pool room, tell the creeps, "Don't bother me. I'm eating." LOL

All the best,

Fran

Rod
01-27-2003, 01:27 AM
Hi Chris,
We use to keep cues around forever left at the room. Contacted the league captain, put up a notes etc to find the owner. Sometimes an owner never come back to claim their cue.
To bad you didn't get to play. Burnt bacon eh?

Chris Cass
01-27-2003, 01:36 AM
Hi Rod,

That brings up another thought. With 5000 players invading Vegas every yr. I wonder how many cues come up missing or just plain left there? I remember walking down the room the last day of the Riv event and all the vendors had left something behind. A few broken cheap cases, plastic parts to stuff but no cues. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~burnt bacon because I get sick at the thought of eating the fatty stuff. I believe they deep fry it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
01-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Chris,
One year after a team match I left my cues and case at the tables we played on. I have no idea what I was thinking. I guess I wasn't thinking. LOL An hour or so later I remembered and about had the big one on the spot. I went running back, it wasn't there of course. Went up to the TD desk and explained my situation. They announced it but still no cue. I said I'll be back and gave them my info. I went back later, about an hour before our next match. They announced it again. A few minutes later up comes this fellow with my case. He said describe your cue, hell I was so excited I couldn't think straight. I did well enough and got my cues back. I offered the guy anything including a $50 bill but he refused to accept it. There are some really nice people in the world, even in Vegas. I'll bet there are quite a few that are not so lucky. I should have my name address etc somewhere in the case, just in case.

Like I said at the room people left them, it was nice to see the smile on their face when they got their cue back. To tell you the truth I and others possibly never expect to see them again.

Chris Cass
01-27-2003, 09:47 PM
Hi Rod,

To me it's all about honor, and what you think of yourself as a person. Age also matters, where this is concerned. Maybe at 15, I would have thought I was getting over?

To me there's nothing a man has, regardless of worth, that I would give up my integrity for. I also don't want to be that person one day that, has that awful feeling inside of this happened to me. Knock on Wood.

I've been in the presents of many opportunities, bank bags for the cash registar found w/o anyones knowledge. Another time, I walked in my bank one morning at 8AM. The counter at the tellers window, I approached had atleast $50,000. Stacked and not put away. I was scared when, I didn't see anyone around.

5 mins. go by a lady teller came from the back and was shocked. I told her I was there to do a withdrawl. I also said, I didn't take anything. She said, glad it was you. I left the door open for the other teller that comes in at 8 AM and she didn't come yet. Also, the cameras were out also. She directed me to the drive thru as the inside didn't open till 9 AM. Still, can't believe they didn't atleast give me a toaster or something?

Regards,

C.C.~~$50,000? hair restoration and face lift? Naaa, a Szamboti cue and celebrate at Steak n Shake. lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif