PDA

View Full Version : S/E Amatuer 9-Ball Events in Florida

Voodoo Daddy
01-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Yesterday I spent a few hours at a PH in South Florida holding a 2 day 9-Ball Amatuer event. Upon arrival I was greeted by the mass's and saw our very own KATO in heated battle with a guy from my home room. Spotted WhiteLight and Phil from SoFla waging their own wars respectively. They had 49 casual dressed guys and girls playing the game together EVEN!?!?! No spots, no league whining, NO CHAMPIONS, no road agents...just regular 40 hour a week stiffs playing the game the way it ws meant to be played and they all seem to be having a blast. I just sat in disbelief wondering to myself what the hell happened to the longest running Tour in the US, the Florida 9-Ball Tour. Sorry to say our CCB guys didnt fare very well {they tried and thats what counts} but they have 18 more chances to shine...this tour has 20 stops...pretty sporty for the working person, huh?

Jon from MN
01-26-2003, 12:50 PM
A friend of mine moved there this winter his name is Dave Lovic he talks about the florida 9 ball tourny. Have you ever seen him? if so say hi from Jon in new york mills. thanks Jon

snipershot
01-26-2003, 02:34 PM
That does sound like a blast, wished we had something like that up here.

jjinfla
01-27-2003, 06:19 AM
Is that the Kingsbay tournament? 49 is a great turnout but I heard they were getting 70 to 80 at the end of last year. Where is their schedule posted? Jake

Kato
01-27-2003, 07:39 AM
I did have fun but unfortunately it's really hard to shoot pool when both of your hands are wrapped around your throat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I did purchase my tour card and will be playing in several more events.

As a realitive novice at big tournaments I have to learn to win.

Kato~~~did have fun but was really disappointed in my performance.

Kato
01-27-2003, 07:45 AM
They are capping at 64 and were happy to get 49 on SuperBowl weekend. The same promotional people as the SE, Kingbury Productions. I don't think it's the same guy though (I played in 1 of the Mount Dora events last year).

Kato