PDA

View Full Version : What do they call the competitor??

01-28-2003, 10:43 PM
HI!
I have a trivia contest that I am doing for school and I need to know what they call their competitors??? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

CarolNYC
01-29-2003, 02:33 AM
OPPONENTS!

Wally_in_Cincy
01-29-2003, 07:34 AM
I hope you're going to take an English class soon.

Fred Agnir
01-29-2003, 07:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote burnoutiq:</font><hr> I need to know what they call their competitors??? <hr /></blockquote>

Every name in the book.

Fred &lt;~~~ those rotten bastards

CarolNYC
01-30-2003, 03:55 AM
Fred,
Im LMAO,maybe we should make a list and then this student would certainly get an "A"!
Carol:)

Wally_in_Cincy
01-30-2003, 07:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Fred,
Im LMAO,maybe we should make a list and then this student would certainly get an "A"!
Carol:) <hr /></blockquote>

OK I'll go first

Sandbagging m*f* /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

"Standing-in-my-line-of-sight sharking jerk"

"Cue-borrowing moocher"

"Quarter-bumming cheapskate"

<font color="blue">Oops those last 2 are what I call my teammates. </font color>

dddd
01-30-2003, 10:41 PM
hopefully

easy

CarolNYC
01-31-2003, 04:47 AM
"LUCKY DAWG"
"POKER-HOPER"

cheesemouse
01-31-2003, 09:13 AM
the RACKER... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

heater451
01-31-2003, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote burnoutiq:</font><hr> HI!
I have a trivia contest that I am doing for school and I need to know what they call their competitors??? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks <hr /></blockquote>To whom are you referring, when you say "they" and "their"?

In case it helps:

If you are speaking of a competition for a title, then you would generally have a "champion" (title-holder) and a "challenger".

In an open field situation, such as a small tournament, then anything like "competitor", "opponent", "hopeful", etc., etc. should fit.

If you are looking for something specific to pool, then you're not going to get much further than the humour that's posted here. . . .then again, you might be able to refer to players in a specific game by their side of the rack--solids or stripes, high- or low-balls, shirts or skins, baldies or mohawks. . . .

===================

01-31-2003, 11:24 AM
Thanks for you "real answer". Have you ever heard of "arrowmen" as a term used??

Wally_in_Cincy
01-31-2003, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote burnoutiq:</font><hr> Thanks for you "real answer". Have you ever heard of "arrowmen" as a term used?? <hr /></blockquote>

Nope. You're not a Brit or something are you?

Rod
01-31-2003, 12:22 PM
Bill, George or Ralph anything but Sue! LOL