PDA

View Full Version : a question for Scott Lee

Jon from MN
01-28-2003, 11:47 PM
Hi Scott: Beau Runnigen the juniors champion who is going to represent the USA in the olympics cant find out where they are going to play. They were suppose to play in Tawain but with the Korea thing going that might not happen can you find out where they might be playing at? I am working on finding him a better sponsor the pool hall wont even give him table time they just used him to promote there hall. Its sad that a kid gets a hummer for shooting baskets {Lebron James} and Beau cant get table time or even a couple hundred bucks for spending money. Thanks Scott ~~Jon~~

Scott Lee
02-01-2003, 10:03 PM
Jon...I thought when I met Beau at BSC, he said they were sponsoring him! Is that the place that won't even give him some free practice time? I will call my friends in Colorado Springs, and see what I can find out!

Scott

Ralph S.
02-02-2003, 05:23 AM
Jon MN, send me a pm with some details about the players bio. Also send the date and place he will be playing. I will personally kick in a hundred bucks of my money to help give him some pocket change while representing us. I will need an adress as to where to send it. Maybe some of the other CCB'ers can help out also.
Ralph S.

Jon from MN
02-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Scott thats the place I dont want to say there name but they still wont give him table time not even when they are not busy. Its a shame. I personally am on a mission not just for Beau but for any of the young Olympians who are being taken advatage of. This pool hall uses his [Beaus] name to advertise there hall and the so-called house pro [who never taught beau] teaches there and uses beau as a refference without beaus endorsment?? thanks Scott for your help. Jon from MN

fast_eddie_B
02-02-2003, 04:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jon from MN:</font><hr> Hi Scott: Beau Runnigen the juniors champion who is going to represent the USA in the olympics cant find out where they are going to play. They were suppose to play in Tawain but with the Korea thing going that might not happen can you find out where they might be playing at? I am working on finding him a better sponsor the pool hall wont even give him table time they just used him to promote there hall. Its sad that a kid gets a hummer for shooting baskets {Lebron James} and Beau cant get table time or even a couple hundred bucks for spending money. Thanks Scott ~~Jon~~ <hr /></blockquote>
That is really horrible. You would never see that in any other major sport. That's why i can't wait for someone to blow our sport wide open. I mean 40 million ppl a year shoot pool at least once a month. You would think ppl would take more of an interest in who are the best, yet they don't. I am impressed though, with the amount of women I am finally seeing taking the game seriously, at least in my neck of the woods.

fast_eddie_B

02-02-2003, 05:04 PM
I For one would like to be kept up to
date on what comes of this,it is a
shame that these people can "Cleanup"
using this kids name and likeness
and he not get anything not even table
time,There should be a law against that
(come to think of it, I think there is)

Jon from MN
02-02-2003, 08:12 PM
Thanks to you and everyone else who helps. I will definatly keep everyone posted. We live in a wonderful country and pool players as a whole are wonderful people. Its the organizations and hall owners that need to clean up there act. jmo Jon from mn

L.S. Dennis
02-03-2003, 12:52 AM
Well I don't know if it qualifies as one of the "scariest" pools halls of all time but Cochran's in San Francisco during the early to mid sixties was interesting to say the least! The room is actually still open under the name of Hollywood Billiards now. It's still a wonderful upstairs room with great ambiance but unfortunately the area it is located in is terrible.

If the wall in there could speak what stories they could tell!!!

Wally_in_Cincy
02-03-2003, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jon from MN:</font><hr> Hi Scott: Beau Runnigen the juniors champion who is going to represent the USA in the olympics ..... <hr /></blockquote>

OK since nobody else asked, what <font color="red">Olympics </font color> are you referring to?

Jon from MN
02-03-2003, 12:21 PM
the world championships the world junior olyimpics.