PDA

View Full Version : Once again Vally Forge Head count ...

nAz
01-29-2003, 12:00 AM
two months left,who is going and who will play in the amerture tourny?

bluewolf
01-29-2003, 07:14 AM
We are going. Hope to watch some ccbers play.

bw

Fred Agnir
01-29-2003, 07:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> two months left,who is going and who will play in the amerture tourny? <hr /></blockquote>

In a moment of lunacy, I entered this year's.

Fred

9 Ball Girl
01-29-2003, 07:51 AM
I'll be there Thursday thru Sunday with my CCB keychain in tow. If $$$ is okay, I'm playing. How about you Naz, you playing?

ShayneinDayton
01-29-2003, 07:58 AM
Can anyone tell me about the tourny? The site just lists, race to 5, best 2 out of 3 sets. Is it single elimination? What kind of tables? With that many people entered, does the tourny flow pretty good or is it a real mess? Does anyone know for sure what kind of pro event they're having? I really want to go and have clearance from the tower (wife), I'm just trying to find someone local to go along.

thanks Shayne

Rich R.
01-29-2003, 08:16 AM
Although the lack of a WPBA Classic tournament has put some doubt on our attendance, my wife and I may be there.
Spectators only. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mikey
01-29-2003, 08:18 AM
My son and I are going again this year, This will be my 5th time, we always have a great time and the competition is nerve racking. I played in the senior division last year but am playing in the open division this year.

Deeman
01-29-2003, 08:22 AM
I am going and entering the tournament. I had not planned on it but a business associate I met is playing and invited me to see his booth there (he's invented a new ball cleaning rig). Being in York, PA. it's only an hour and a half away. I visited the web site and it looks like it might be fun.

Rich R.
01-29-2003, 08:25 AM
The amateur tournaments are run amazingly well, by our fellow CCB'er, Barbara.
After seeing many small tournaments that are a total mess, I am totally astounded by the way they handle so many players.

From what I understand, there will be a Men's (or Open) Pro tournament. Although the WPBA will not have a tournament at VF this year, Hopkins is attempting to organize a small "challenge" type tournament with some of top women players. Nothing definite yet, that I have heard.

nAz
01-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Don't know if I'm going yet. much less playing any tourneys. wonder if its all booked up yet.
too bad WPBA didn't workout, i have not seen a live match in a long time.

Mike H
01-29-2003, 08:37 AM
Odds are, I'll be there one way or another. I may enter the Amateur field, but I'm not quite sure....I may go just to match up with Pat some more. If Josey has a booth there, I'll probably spend plenty of time checking out his stuff too.

Pizza Bob
01-29-2003, 09:21 AM
Count me in - only missed the one at the Meadowlands (first year) been there every year since. No tourney - just spectatin' Look for me at Mike Capone's booth (with Vicki). See ya' there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Eric.
01-29-2003, 09:52 AM
I'll be there. If I can get Friday off, will play the Open.

Eric

Barbara
01-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Thanks Rich, but I can't take all the credit. It's really Jerry and Nadine Mazzola that make these tournies run so smoothly. I just go along with the ride.

Barbara~~~there is a method to the madness!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
01-29-2003, 10:58 AM
Barbara, all I know is that, just the thought of that crowd makes me shake. Yet, you and the others get those tournaments running and keep them running. Simply an amazing job by ALL involved.

dg-in-centralpa
02-01-2003, 05:02 PM
I'm going to Valley Forge. I'm in the open tournament. According to Hopkins website, Karen Corr, Dawn Hopkins, and 6 other lesser pros will play a round robin challenge match.No one else in the top 8 women will be there. The tourny is run like a well oiled machine. They do a fabulous job! It's a great show, just to see the new cues and accessories. I've been there the last 5-6 years. Don't miss it.

nAz
02-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Yes i hear now there will be 8 wpba players i cant remember all of them but Gerda is going to play. im not sure about Corr.

fast_eddie_B
02-01-2003, 08:35 PM
I'm up for it. It's still bar table dynamo's right? What's the entry fee? I haven't been there in a couple years cause the military got me. I'd sure like to go this year and at least see the women play. I miss the men being there though.

fast_eddie_B
02-01-2003, 08:40 PM
THERE'S NO WOMEN THIS YEAR????????!!!!!!!!
FIRST THEY LOSE THE MEN FOR THE WOMEN NOW THEY ARE GONNA LOSE THEM TOO. How do you expect to promote a sport with this bs.
fast eddie

fast_eddie_B
02-01-2003, 08:43 PM
My boys went down last year, said the green room action was great. Noone knows me, but that's ok, they will. lol
fast eddie

Scott Lee
02-01-2003, 09:21 PM
I'll be there all three days, but I won't be playing in any of the tournaments. I will, however, be available to meet with any ccb'rs that want to!

Scott Lee

Ralph S.
02-02-2003, 05:37 AM
If anyone can post the exact dates, I will see if I can fit a run to the valley in my schedule.
Ralph S.

Rich R.
02-02-2003, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> If anyone can post the exact dates, I will see if I can fit a run to the valley in my schedule.
Ralph S. <hr /></blockquote>
Ralph, check out the website for all information available.

http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/

nAz
02-05-2003, 02:57 AM
Ok looks like i wont be going to VF. DOhhhhh /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
anyways to those that go good luck have fun and post lots of pics /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluewolf
02-05-2003, 06:35 AM
Geez NAZ, i am really sorry. I was looking forward to meeting you.

blu

9 Ball Girl
02-05-2003, 09:08 AM
You are too going. So there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
02-05-2003, 09:09 AM
Don't worry BlueWolfie, you'll meet him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Vince S.
02-05-2003, 09:53 AM
As always, I will be there(fri-sat-sun). My room at the convention center has been booked for quite some time.
I'm not in the tournament, but I will be enjoying everything else... pro's, dealers, practice tables, and lots of great people!

Met up with some CCB'ers there last year, hope to do the same again this year.

And no Barb, I wasn't abducted by aliens....

Vince S.

nAz
02-05-2003, 01:12 PM
nope i really dont think im going and if i by some chance do go it will be for a one day thingy.

Jimmy Mendoza
02-05-2003, 01:36 PM
Are the tournaments on bar tables?

DEADSTOKE32
02-05-2003, 07:12 PM
SO WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MEET SOME OF THE PLAY ON THIS BOARD .I HAVE NO KEY CHAIN BUT I GOT MY STROKE. AND MAYBE ME AND 'STEVE L' COULD PLAY SOME 14.1 .BUT I'M STILL LEARNING . /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif CAN I GET A SPOT STEVE? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
02-06-2003, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy Mendoza:</font><hr> Are the tournaments on bar tables? <hr /></blockquote>
Amateur tournaments are on bar boxes. Pro tournaments are on 9' tables.

SteveFromNY
02-07-2003, 07:22 AM
oh man i have a business obligation on the 22nd in jersey. I'm gonna try my best to get out of that one cuz i can't miss this!