PDA

View Full Version : THE YOUNG GUNS

snipershot
01-29-2003, 12:28 AM
Who do you think are the three most talented young players in the game today? (let's go 25 and under)

My picks:

Chin Shun Yang (24)
Alex Pagulayan (24)
Corey Duel (25)

nAz
01-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Jasmin Ouschan (16)?
Mika M. (24)?
Cory D. (25)
Ronnie Alcano (23)?

snipershot
01-29-2003, 01:26 AM
Jasmin's a good one, I can't believe she was being sponsored at the age of nine. she's cute too and she's not much younger than me!

Brent
01-29-2003, 05:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Jasmin Ouschan (16)?
Mika M. (24)?
Cory D. (25)
Ronnie Alcano (23)?

Who is Mika M ? Mika Immonen is 30. Born in 1972 17 Dec.

<hr /></blockquote>

Warren_Lushia
01-29-2003, 05:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brent:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Jasmin Ouschan (16)?
Mika M. (24)?
Cory D. (25)
Ronnie Alcano (23)?

Who is Mika M ? Mika Immonen is 30. Born in 1972 17 Dec.

<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

ronnie alcano is also in his 30's.

warren..

nAz
01-29-2003, 08:22 AM
sorry meant Mika I. wow i was told hes was around 24-25 had no idea he was that old, as for Ronnie looking at him he looks like early 20s.

9 Ball Girl
01-29-2003, 08:22 AM
Just a few:

Jasmin Ouschan
Michelle Rakin
Evengy Stalev
Corey Deuel

Rich R.
01-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Women
Jasmin Ouschan
Sarah Rousey
Kim Shaw (no so young, but relatively new to the U.S.)
Melissa Herndon (not as young as the top two)

Men
Evgeny Stalev
There are also several more Russian players, still in their teens, but I do not know their names. They all play well and have no fear of any opponent.

01-29-2003, 11:57 AM
Keep your eyes open for Jesse Bowman: (20)
won last years BCA masters 9-ball &amp; was getting ready to also win the VNEA Masters 9 ball until he got disqualified in the finals for being under 21.

snipershot
01-29-2003, 11:58 AM
You seem to be getting old nAz.

Chris Cass
01-29-2003, 12:07 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap.

Started at 4 yrs. old. Keep an eye out for Christ(Spike)Aiardo started at one mth. shy of 3 yrs. old. He shot with a shaft and on a chair. Played 2 hrs. straight. That attention span is unheard of for that age. I had to put him into karate. He also has a Efren stroke and a Scott Frost mouth. I'm scared. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~wounder what Scott Lee will say when they meet? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
01-29-2003, 03:13 PM
Definately Yang. Stalev&amp; Deuel too.

Some up and comers:

Konstantin Zolotilov(sp)
Danny Basavich
Konstantin Stepanov

Jon from MN
01-29-2003, 04:23 PM
MMT I agree with you there Jesse can do anything he wants right now CC knows him he could turn pro now but hes making more money right now.

NH_Steve
01-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Danny seemed to have dropped out of sight for a while, and I heard rumours of alcohol issues -- but I could be wrong. There's a lot of great talent that has been wasted over the years due to basic lack of personal discipline when it comes to alcohol and drugs. I sure hope I am wrong about Danny...

How old is Stalev? He's another (like Alex Pagulayan) that look a bit younger than they might actually be (if that makes any sense).

Scott Lee
01-29-2003, 10:32 PM
[quote=Chris Cass:

C.C.~~wounder what Scott Lee will say when they meet? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Chris...The same thing I ALWAYS say, "ALL RIGHT! Another great young player, on the rise!" LOL Can't wait to meet Spike! See you very soon my friend!

Scott

Scott Lee
01-29-2003, 10:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jon from MN:</font><hr> MMT I agree with you there Jesse can do anything he wants right now CC knows him he could turn pro now but hes making more money right now. <hr /></blockquote>

Jon...I don't understand why you think Jesse is NOT a pro poolplayer? He does NOTHING but play pool, and all of his income comes from playing pool...not to mention the status of his skills (which is probably the most valid reason to call him a pro)!

Scott ~ thinks that the definition of a "pro" is too blurred

Eric.
01-30-2003, 08:48 AM
Danny is still alive and well(and playing). He's been doing alot of road work and does pop into a tourney every now and then. He was in Ohio last month. Unfortunately, he has personal issues, the least of, he's fat again(after losing alot of weight). Great talent, if only he can put it all to work...

Stalev- I forget exactly, but I do know he is roughly 24 right now(actually, he looks like he is 16)

Eric

01-31-2003, 07:17 AM
How old is "Larry Nevel"? He has the most natural tallent and the smoothest stroke that I have ever seen.

HarryDC
01-31-2003, 08:22 AM
HarryDC (Favorite Guns) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sarah Ellerby (England)
Kimmy Shaw (England)
Tiffany Nelson (USA)
Monica Webb (USA)
Angel Paglia (USA)
Helen Sharp (England) 8-Ball

Anthony Crosby (England)
Chin Shun Yang (China)
Alex Pagulayan (Canada)
Evgeny Stalev (Russia)

HarryDC

Chris Cass
01-31-2003, 08:23 AM
Hi MMT,

Mario Prayno, Gabe Owens, Jesse Bowman, and Jamie Pluta just to mame a few make Larry' stroke look like a ball banger. The kids got tallent don't get me wrong but smooth? You have to see these guys play.

Regards,

C.C.~~no disrespect intended to you or the players mentioned. I respect your opnions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

01-31-2003, 11:02 AM
Hi Chris,

I have played both Jesse and Gabe before. In my opinion, neither of those guys come close to Larry as far as smoothness of stroke &amp; cue ball reaction. I'm not familiar with the other two.

Chris Cass
01-31-2003, 03:46 PM
Well,

We'll just have to leave it at a draw. I've played with all of them and seen many different qualities. I have however made Larry cuss and throw a miff session. So, it must be the mode of the atmosphere.

Regards,

C.C.

01-31-2003, 09:28 PM
the three players i think will be the ones to watch one of them although is not in the under 25 age bracket.
Sarah Rousey...20
Alex Pagulayan...24
Ronnie Alcano...30 something

As for what you have said about Larry Nevel looking like a ball banger compared to others. Mike Massey told him he has one of the smoothest strongest strokes he has ever seen. that must mean something.

Jon from MN
02-01-2003, 09:19 AM
Wow CC that says alot about Minnesota players. Heres one from Canada you guys havent mentioned and in my opinion is a star on the horizon Erik Hjorleifson he was taught by Randy Pruden and plays very very well. Scott I do agree with you in Jesse I never knew him to have a job except for pool. Jon from MN /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jon from MN
02-01-2003, 09:25 AM
Oh here is another one Lee Hewagen plays safe as well as anyone in the country mabey world can run racks for hours. He plays as strong as say Jimmy Wetch. Jon from Mn