PDA

View Full Version : Eric Durbin runs 11 racks for the cash

Tommy_Davidson
01-29-2003, 03:25 AM
> I didn't see it,but an eyewitness told me that Eric Durbin ran 11 racks on a bar box at the tournament in Memphis this past weekend. His opponent was up 2 games,and didn't touch the table again to shoot a ball until he was stuck 9 games in a 12 ahead for X amount. It's almost unheard of for someone other than Earl or Johnny or another "legend" to put together a monster string like that. So much for the theory that someone in another forum espoused that Eric didn't know how to string racks! Tommy D.

snipershot
01-29-2003, 06:44 PM
11 racks is amazing, I'm far too young to recall ever hearing of something this good during my time at least, his opponent must have second guessed his choice to play him too.

01-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Earl Strickland ran 11 consecutive racks several years ago for $1 million, but I don't recall if that was during a real match or during an exhibition/challenge.

David

nAz
01-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Boy thats gotta be hard to do on a bar box. must have been sinking 2-3 ball per break. wow

Ross
01-29-2003, 08:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> Earl Strickland ran 11 consecutive racks several years ago for $1 million, but I don't recall if that was during a real match or during an exhibition/challenge.

David <hr /></blockquote>
Earl did it in a tournament. Coincidentally, at last year's US Open I was sitting in the stands talking to someone about Earl's 11 rack run when the guy sitting on my left identified himself (rather sheepishly) as Earl's "opponent" for that match. I thought, hell, he didn't have anything to be embarrassed about - he didn't miss a shot either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
01-29-2003, 09:24 PM
Roger Griffis was once trailing 12-1 in a match game (race to 13) at one of CJ Wileys tournament, right around the time Earl made the 11 racks for the $1 million. Roger won 11 consecutive racks, getting on the hill, only to lose the last rack to his opponent. Can't remember the name of the other player but is was printed in Pool &amp; Billiards Magazine.

[b]<font color="blue">Billiards is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Steve Lipsky
01-29-2003, 10:27 PM
The guy you were talking to must've been Nick Mannino. He was Earl's opponent.

Nicky actually had a great 2002 US Open. He lost 11-10 at about the midway point of the tournament to Alex Pagulayan, who went on to take second place.

Nick's a good guy.

- Steve