PDA

View Full Version : Tony Watson vs. Eric Durbin for lots of cheese

BillPorter
01-29-2003, 10:35 AM
On another discussion board there have been several comments about a match between Tony Watson and Eric Durbin. Supposedly, Eric will be getting the last two. I will not mention the stakes, but we all know they won't be playing for table time or beers. The match is supposed to take place in the Cincinnati area this weekend and I think it would be a nice match to sweat if I just knew where and when. My guess for the "where" would be Michael's. Anyone know for sure about the where or when? Thanks in advance.

Steve Lipsky
01-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Bill, wasn't Tony just robbed (like, physically robbed) a few weeks ago out of a ton of money?

Does it strike anyone else as odd that he is putting himself in a position again, so soon, where he's going to be holding large sums of cash?

I don't know, these poolplayers sure are an odd lot...

- Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
01-29-2003, 11:40 AM
IIRC he was robbed at a Waffle House in Nashville by 2 nefarious pistoleros. There is a Waffle House just up the street from Michael's. Wonder if he will be dining there this time. I would recommend Pearl's Diner, open 24/7.

Probably would have been best for these two lads to keep this matchup on the QT but as you know, you only have to tell one person and soon the whole world knows. Steve, you know a lot of pool players. Does it feed their egos to have an audience for a big money match? Just curious.

Wally in the Natti~~2 miles north of Michael's, frequent Waffle House patron.

Steve Lipsky
01-29-2003, 11:53 AM
Wally, everyone's different. Regardless of skill level, certain players like to play in front of a crowd, and others don't. But as the skill level increases, so does the comfort level in playing to an audience.

When two great players match up, though, word spreads pretty quickly. And unless they have access to some sort of a private room, there's gonna be a lot of people coming to watch.

I really don't know many players that play for this kind of money though. A lot of them seem to come from the south and midwest. Here in the northeast, there's remarkably little big-time action.

- Steve

Chris Cass
01-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Hi Steve,

Sure is good to see you post again. Being a pool player myself I wouldn't believe everything that one says nor what's written in the papers. I'll believe it when I see it.

Regards,

C.C.~~likes Steve tons.

Steve Lipsky
01-29-2003, 12:44 PM
Hey Chris,

It's great to hear from you! How's everything? PM me when you get a chance. Let's catch up...

- Steve

#### leonard
01-30-2003, 07:36 AM
This is what I learned about big money games. Only drink soda out of bottles or cans that you yourself open. If they have a soda counter, have your seconds order 6 sodas not one. It is awful to be playing for big money and you have no feeling of pressure and you can't explain the feeling just that it is strange.####