PDA

View Full Version : Secret how to get extra speed in the break

Patrick
03-15-2002, 10:00 AM
The faster your muscle twitch fibres are, the faster you can accellerate to maximum speed.
If you have something in the way and try to move it as fast as you can, then you are accellerating to maximum speed, then when you let it go, you will have maximum speed.
You can do this by holding the cue in your fingers and then let go of the cue after it has accellerated. You will not need any stroking distance for this.
It is like snapping your fingers, you hold the middle finger with you thumb while accellerating, then you let it go and it touches your palm with high speed. You can't do that without the thumb, there is too little distance to accellerate.

The faster your fibres are, the faster you can turn on all the fibres and the faster you accellerate. When all your fast fibres are turned on, you are moving as fast as you can.
If your maximum speed is 100MPH and you have 100MPH pulling in the other direction, you will not move.
Now when you let go of the pulling speed, you will go 100MPH. But you can't hold it for too long because the muscle fibres get tired fast.
When weightlifters lift a weight, they only use their maximum speed for a very short time and then the fibres get tired and the arm can move at less speed, but because of the weight is already moving they will not need maximum speed to push it more, because if the weight is moving at 5MPH already, you will not need the same speed as when moving the weight when it is still. If your maximum speed of the arm is 100MPH without pulling speed to the other direction, then with the weight moving already 5MPH, you will only need 95MPH maximum speed of the arm. This is why you can lift more when moving faster.

Of course if your muscles don't weigh anything, you can't push anything no matter how fast you go.

They can't move the weight from the ground instantly, it takes a very short time before the muscle has accellerated to its maximum speed.

I will share a secret technique for you, you can use this for muscles, there is biceps and triceps, if both has accellerated to their maximum speed, then when you let go of the triceps, you will have maximum speed forwards, but it is difficult to turn off all the fibres from the triceps so fast. But this helps a little for faster speed.
This is why some humans move the cue forwards without a pause at the backswing, because they are flexing the triceps muscles on the way back. If you are flexing the triceps on the forward swing, it is counterproductive, you have a pulling speed backwards.

I have seen karate movies and they flex the arm before punching.

Snooker players have a pause at the backswing because it makes it more accurate without any pulling force to destroy the movement forwards.

Patrick

rackmup
03-15-2002, 11:56 AM
http://www.daynet.com.au/patrick/neck1.jpg

=

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/gif/ya3.gif

JUST TEASING! Some of his stuff might make sense...very little but some...I mean, I do know I have a bicep and tricep.

Regards,

Ken (go ahead...let me have it!)

03-15-2002, 12:10 PM
I have used this technique for years and am appalled that you would just tell everybody about it....thanks a lot Patrick, now I have no advantage at all.

rackmup
03-15-2002, 12:25 PM
I just twitched my muscle fibers while drinking a Miller Lite and poured the damned thing all over my three triceps.

I need to practice before employing Patrick's secrets.

Ken (needs a dry shirt)

cheesemouse
03-15-2002, 12:50 PM
THE SPACE SHIP HAS LANDED http://www.animation-station.com/anigifs/anim0809.gif

Actually I think something was learned on this trip. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato
03-15-2002, 01:11 PM
Well, I just had to have an ambulance called to take me to the hospital. I laughed so hard I split my sides. I also will schedule a lobotomy since Patrick's super secret information has caused me to have a brain meltdown.

Kato~~~gonna go re-read Ken's and cheesmouse's posts before the ambulance gets here.

Patrick
03-15-2002, 01:42 PM
You don't have one bicep, you have two, inner and outer bicep. Don't you hear it from the name?
Triceps has 3 muscles.

Patrick

Patrick
03-15-2002, 01:46 PM
This is what Mike said in the "Generating power for the break" post: "I haven't talked here about specific techniques for generating power on the break. I'll save that for a later post."

See, he would have told the secret to everyone later, I just told it first.

Patrick

Patrick
03-15-2002, 01:50 PM
I want to share all my secrets for you humans, I want humans to become better players than this, I hate to see pool at such a low level compared to other sports.

Patrick

03-15-2002, 03:09 PM
Stop pretending you're an alien. You can't meet a girl if they are laughing at you!

www.stopspankingit.com/lessons (http://www.stopspankingit.com/lessons)

rackmup
03-15-2002, 03:23 PM
My friend,

You should have been warned that twitching your muscle fiber without proper preparation, skill and knowledge of the muscoskeletal system, you could harm yourself beyond repair by earthly medical personnel.

This practice of muscle fiber twitching dates back to the prehistoric days when the cavemen would twitch their muscles in a weird display of courting rituals. The scent emitted by the twitching fibers would attract and stimulate the females of the camps. It also attracted various animals to baited traps, where they would be killed for food.

In the 1960's, rocks and other debris (including an old "Pepsi" can) brought back from this country's first moon walk, revealed early evidence of muscle twitching and fiber manipulation by "beings" outside of the human form that we all know on this earth. This data was kept secret for many years, locked away in a vault in an area known as "Area 51" in the desert north of Las Vegas, Nevada.

It is further believed that muscle twitching and fiber stimulation caused the deaths of most of the fatalities recorded during the construction of the Hoover Dam.

The practice of muscle manipulation, the art of Yoga and the introduction of ground-up candy bars into Baskin-Robbins ice cream all form the original "triangle of terror" or to coin a phrase from President Bush...the "Axis of Evil."

Follow Patrick's advice with a word of caution. Muscle massaging, fast twitch fibers and the stimulation of the three triceps shouldn't be practiced by the inexperienced.

There are classes available on the subject and SEGA has a "virtual" muscle twitching video game set for Spring release...it's called "The Evil Axis of the Spanking Monkey" and is available on the web at www.monkeymuscle.com (http://www.monkeymuscle.com) for $39.95.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ken

Kato
03-15-2002, 03:31 PM
Huhmph. Thought I had a total of 4 biceps and 6 triceps. Maybe I'm from Patricks world to. Wait a minute. I'm 2 people, that gives me 8 biceps and 12 triceps. I must be very strong!!!!!!!!!

Kato and R.J.

Kato
03-15-2002, 03:39 PM
Ken, don't think for 1 second that I shant heed your advice. I was fixed up today by a surgeon with extraterrestrial skill's. To say that she was "special" would be an understatement.

Kato

03-15-2002, 03:57 PM
Anyone remember the movie "Stroker Ace" when Bert Reynolds is teaching "some guys" to cluck (hence patrick's picture)? Remember what happened next? lol

03-15-2002, 05:43 PM
one correction. your muscles don't exert a speed, they exert a certain pound force which generates a speed in the cue.

Patrick
03-15-2002, 06:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MrSecant:</font><hr> one correction. your muscles don't exert a speed, they exert a certain pound force which generates a speed in the cue. <hr></blockquote>

Isn't it the same thing?
The original speed of the object is going very fast but because there is weight in the way, it goes slower, but the force is still going that fast even when the other object is not going that fast.
I made a drawing: http://www.angelfire.com/film/vp3elit/speed.jpg

Patrick

03-16-2002, 11:20 AM
Guess, you've never attended a Rave party.
C.C.

stickman
03-16-2002, 02:11 PM
What are you guys doing studying that old muscle twitching stuff? After watching all the Bewitched reruns, I decided to unlock my inner power and began studying the art of nose twitching. It requires less effort and no need for those big bulky muscles.

03-16-2002, 03:10 PM
no, speed is distance over time. if you are talking about holding your arm tense but not moving it, then you are talking about two equal but opposite forces. Your muscles exert a certain pound force or psi which moves your arm which moves the cue.

if you are gonna talk about accelerations and mass you would use forces. if you are talking about distance and time, you would use speed or velocity. Muscles exert a certain force which produces a velocity in your arm and the cue.

F = ma
v = d/t

03-16-2002, 03:30 PM
Yep. I'm about 4/5 done writing the second post of generating power for the break, and what you just said is included in it (I wrote that part yesterday). It'll be posted soon. Maybe tomorrow.

Patrick
03-16-2002, 08:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MrSecant:</font><hr> no, speed is distance over time. if you are talking about holding your arm tense but not moving it, then you are talking about two equal but opposite forces. <hr></blockquote>

Aha, force, that is what the scientists call it, that is what I mean, I don't use the same words as them, I discovered everything on my own.

Patrick

rackmup
03-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Kato,

Nose twitching or "Nasal Manipulation" as it is more often referred to, isn't allowed in most BCA sanctioned tournaments and results in forfeiture of match.

I'm amazed you didn't know this.

Regards,

Ken (knows the all the rules and breaks most of them)

03-17-2002, 12:07 AM
Was she a Red Head??????????/
C.C.~~not an alien but likes alien ant farm song. Just a warm up song before Rob Zombie.

03-17-2002, 01:26 PM
Patrick pls stop pretending that you know what you're talking about. actually there are 4 muscles that are named bicpes. You have the biceps brachii which is primarily an elbow flexor and the biceps femoris which forms part of the hamstrings that acts to extend the hip, externally rotate the hip, and flex the knee. But I'm sure you knew that Patrick being so smart and all. sorry people could'nt help it.

Kato
03-18-2002, 12:29 PM
Ken, it seems that you have vast knowledge of life, pool, BCA rule book, divorces, marriages, and ehm......ah.......things that go one behind closed doors (personally I think your races are a little short for 2 small of stakes, maybe you injure easily?). It is my opinion that you are definitely an alien. I will go on the record and testify if the government grants me immunity and offers me a sweetheart of a deal.

Your knowledge of "nasal manipulation", fast and slow twitch muscle fibers, as well as your incredible flight instinct have been of great insight to me in general. However, these extra biceps have me confused and now essentially a nervous wreck!!!!!!!

Kato~~~~worries about twitching day and night.

Kato
03-18-2002, 12:38 PM
I like red heads Chris. I also like "A long, cool, woman in a black dress" every now and again. Put a "2 piece custom made pool cue" in her hands and that makes it all the better. Now, add that with hands of a surgeon. Perfect woman.

Kato~~~found out last night his best friend is trying to set him up with his wife's cousin. Anybody else smell trouble here?

Kato
03-18-2002, 12:44 PM
You discovered force? That must have been a very exciting find.

Kato~~~is in awe

Patrick
03-19-2002, 11:48 AM
Haha, of course I knew that, I was talking about the upper body. Triceps and biceps. I know all the names of the muscles. But this is not intelligence, this is knowledge.

Patrick

Patrick
03-19-2002, 11:54 AM
They who are reading books are cheating.
You don't need high intelligence to read books and get all the secrets for free. Humans think someone is smart when they say something they have read in books.

Patrick

03-19-2002, 12:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> They who are reading books are cheating.
You don't need high intelligence to read books and get all the secrets for free. Humans think someone is smart when they say something they have read in books.

Patrick <hr></blockquote>

Hey Great Gadzoo,

What happened to you "Online Buddy service for $5/Hr"(!) I thought you had the market cornered on that one.

rackmup
03-20-2002, 07:24 AM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Patrick:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;Humans think someone is smart when they say something they have read in books.&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

When I was a little kid, my parents sent me to this place...I think it was called "school." While I was there (for 8 years) they made me learn how to read and write and other useless tasks similar to those.

For the next two years, I was sent to a place called "Junior High School" and then, upon completion of that "waste of time", I was forced to attend four years at a place known as "High School."

Through all of this ridiculous "penance", I only learned to improve upon the "lessons" (their words, not mine) that they taught. I was forced to become more proficient in the subjects taught. I was the subject of "exams" and "tests." The "questions" became more difficult, yet the "answers" became easier to arrive at.

Then the clincher!...Just as I thought I had finished all of this nonsense, this place called "ASU" sent me a letter, asking that I spend the next four years (minimum) at their place of "higher education." And get this: THEY WERE GOING TO PAY FOR ME TO GO THERE!

So again, I found myself reading stupid books, taking tests and earning a silly degree.

I wish I had known I didn't need to do all of this and waste all of those years to be "smart." I guess I should blame no one but myself. While I was going to classes and all of that crap, my friends, who chose to "fight the system", were gaining meaningful jobs, earning money and drinking, partying and hanging out with blonde cocktail waitresses with huge boobs. I have one friend who has worked at the same great job for over 25 years! He didn't need a stupid education! AND!, he gets to eat all of the Chicken McNuggets he wants for 50% off!

The only GOOD thing about college was the pool room.

Regards,

Ken (wishes he knew people with flying saucers like SOME of the posters here. My "education" got me a stupid job that only pays enough for a Ford Explorer!)

Kato
03-20-2002, 08:55 AM
Ken, I hate to say it but it sure sounds like your buddy got a SWEET deal with that chicken nuggett deal.

Kato~~~+likes his chicken-a-nuggetts slathered in BBQ

Patrick
03-20-2002, 01:45 PM
I don't like to waste my time for so little money. Not enough to buy pool equipment.

Patrick

Patrick
03-20-2002, 01:55 PM
Money is very stupid. You get an education at school just to make more money, everything is about money, it is so stupid. Humans do anything just to get money, like thieves.
What if there wouldn't be any money anymore, then you will sit there with your stupid job that is of no use for the rest of your life.
Sports are good, you reach the potential at something so others need to do better, this way humans evolve. The money are not important, it is just a bonus.

Patrick

03-20-2002, 02:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> I don't like to waste my time for so little money. Not enough to buy pool equipment.

Listen Wile E Coyote, get a paper route to make some $!

P.S.-you're watching too much T.V.-imagination run amuck!

03-20-2002, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> Money is very stupid. You get an education at school just to make more money, everything is about money, it is so stupid. Humans do anything just to get money, like thieves.
What if there wouldn't be any money anymore, then you will sit there with your stupid job that is of no use for the rest of your life.
Sports are good, you reach the potential at something so others need to do better, this way humans evolve. The money are not important, it is just a bonus.

Hey Junior,

Why don't you quit scrounging around here for $. Cut the lawn,and ask Mom for some coin!

TomBrooklyn
03-20-2002, 02:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> They who are reading books are cheating. You don't need high intelligence to read books and get all the secrets for free. Humans think someone is smart when they say something they have read in books.<hr></blockquote>Patrick, would you dispute that he who does not study history is bound to repeat it? And would you argue that it is wiser to reinvent the wheel then read about how to make one.

Is the sharing of knowledge a gracious act, or should all be left to discover everything for themselves individually? Is it foolish to study what others already have already learned and then build upon that foundation? Is it noble to reproduce efforts already made, and spend time to achieve what was has already been accomplished?

Is one cheating one's way into God's graces by reading the scriptures?

I know of no superior alien races that disdain writings and their study, do you?

stickman
03-20-2002, 02:31 PM
I speak from practical experience. I've had money and not had money. While it isn't everything, it sure comes in handy at times. If you have any stupid money you're not using, send it to me. /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Kato
03-20-2002, 03:35 PM
Little money vs. zero money. Hummmmmmmm. Wonder just how many people are plunking down the.......what is it........78 dollars per hour.........or does the date keep changing to make sure you get to pay 30? How many people are taking the lessons and winning the cash? I'm sure very many. These are the people that will get you in the $$$$$. Kind of like a King Vampire thing. You get to be the King then your students will have students. I like it almost as much as chicken nuggets.

Kato~~~Vampire reference do to current vampire reading material. My first thought was more like a pyramid scheme.

Patrick
03-21-2002, 09:13 AM
Humans don't get smarter if they don't need to think on their own, they just get all knowledge from books and think they are smart. It is not intelligence, it is knowledge.
It is like a calculator, you don't think on your own, you let the calculator do the job for you.
I wasn't using a calculator at school, I am not cheating.
If you are smart enough with a lot knowledge, you will know what happens after you have done something, and then you can see into the future. It is like dropping something, you will know it will fall to the ground because of gravity. Only stupid humans need to read about the history.
Of course it goes faster if you get the answer right away from books, this is why everyone do it, to save time.

Patrick

03-21-2002, 10:07 AM
Patrick, no offense but you got your thinking messed up. For one thing, stuff you learn in books plus your natural ability = someone's knowledge. There truely is no real intelligence as you put it. We learn everything from something else. Experience by obvservations in nature or from other people is what makes someone smarter than another. Books and records from other people's knowledge is essenial to run a developing society. Without these each indvidual person would have to reinvent the wheel, reinvent language, and so forth. Also necessary in a society is a monetary system. Money is simply an easier way to trade, the other being bartering which would be even more complicated. So if you are against trade then society would fall apart and science and art would regress. Obviously your views are of that of an anarchist.

nmshooter
09-11-2002, 03:34 AM
I would really rather you teach me how to use my mind to move the balls so I wouldnt have to get out of my chair.

Patrick
09-12-2002, 04:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nmshooter:</font><hr> I would really rather you teach me how to use my mind to move the balls so I wouldnt have to get out of my chair. <hr></blockquote>That is cheating.