PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Notice In Feb's BD Mag...???

Barbara
01-29-2003, 09:18 PM
The stunning pictures that Lara Rossignol took of the "Up and Coming" players in the WPBA from the various regional tours? She did this while the WPBA was in NYC for the Amsterdam event.

Stunning photography!! Absolutely stunning!! There's something about black and white that brings out the best in a picture. The chiaroscuro effect.

Congrats Lara!!

Barbara~~~Hey! Lara's on MY tour - NEWT!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
01-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Yes they are very good quality. Black and white was a great choice.
i want to see if i can get all six ladies to autograph their pics. could have had it done in VF but no WPBA /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SRpool
01-30-2003, 12:35 AM
hey NaZ,

where do you live in the US? i'll try to find some way to autograph it for you or maybe somehow take a magazine to a tournament and get it done for you if there is no way for you to get it. who knows it may be worth something someday. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
01-30-2003, 05:46 AM
Barbara, the pictures were great. I am a fan of black and white photography and these were first class. It is nice to see a magazine show top quality black and white photos in this age of digital color.
My only objection was the choice to have a cigarette in Kim Shaws Mouth. I don't want to come off as being anti-smoking, but the photo does not present a good image of a lady pool player. JMHO.
They also made very good choices of the players to include. There is a lot of talent in that group of ladies.

Eric.
01-30-2003, 09:10 AM
Hey Babs,

I'm not sure, but I think Lara moved to the South somewhere.

BTW, "chiaroscuro " isn't that the blond Latina that used to say "Coochie coochie coo"? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric

nAz
01-30-2003, 10:27 AM
Hey SRpool that would be awesome, im in the City of Brooklyn NY /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
if it can be done PM let me know.
By the way what kind of Cue are you holding up in that pic? looks like a SW but hard to tell.

Gracia /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara
01-30-2003, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to come off as being anti-smoking, but the photo does not present a good image of a lady pool player. JMHO.
<hr /></blockquote>

Rich, I can see your point, but I think that you have to take into account Kim's personality and that she always looks so "clean cut and polished" that Lara went for the opposite image. Either that, or rooming with Tiffany is drawing out Kim's wild side!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

With the advent of the WPBA giving an invite into each of their events for the highest semi-pro finishers in each of the Regional Tours, I hope BD considers making this a yearly thing for their Jan or Feb issue.

Barbara~~~can only go "up" this year...

Melissa in CA
01-30-2003, 04:29 PM
Hi Naz,

I would also be thrilled to autograph my picture in the BD. I don't know where you are located, but we have tournaments this year in Mississippi, Las Vegas, Illinois, NEw Mexico, and Oregon....and one more in Canada maybe, but that site isn't definite yet.

If none of those are close to you, then you could always send it to me and I could sign it and send it back to you.

Melissa Herndon /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Melissa in CA
01-30-2003, 04:34 PM
I would like to mention that being photographed by Lara was an incredible experience! She made the process a lot of fun and she has an incredible eye for what looks good! I was so flattered that she included me, but was very nervous about the whole thing. I ended up having an absolute blast! My thanks to Lara for doing an incredible job!!!!

Tom_In_Cincy
01-30-2003, 04:39 PM
Barbara,
I enjoyed the pics and really liked the bios below them. Looks like the WPBA has some competition on the rise. Nice article and good presentation.

nAz
01-30-2003, 04:45 PM
Thank you too Melissa, i can probably give a copy to Gerda or Queen Jean and have one of them pass it to you and the rest of the lovely ladies of the WPBA :P

Hey why not stop by Brooklyn NY on your way to Canada I'd love to meet you all in person! call it the Naz tour stop hehe /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh by the way what cue do you have in you Pic?

Melissa in CA
01-30-2003, 06:47 PM
That is a good idea! Just give it to Gerda...she and I always talk for a few minutes at each tournament. Then, you could also get all the others' signatures as well!!

If New York is on the way to the Canadian event, then I certainly may come visit NY for a few days! I think I have a standing invitation to visit Gina &amp; Steve at anytime...and I love NY anyway!

I play with a cue made by a local cuemaker (from Santa Monica, CA) by the name of Ed Prewitt. He does wonderful work but is pretty anonymous unless you are from this area. I have also recently converted to a Predator shaft (used with my Prewitt butt-end) and break cue. If you ever get a chance to visit the BCA (or maybe even the VF Expo), see if he has a booth and check out his cues. He does really impressive work with silver!

Melissa /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SRpool
01-30-2003, 07:16 PM
hey melissa.

if you can get the magazine or if i do either way im sure together we can get it signed for him. you probably didnt know it was me SRpool....sarah rousey. give me a call sometime. talk to you later

Melissa in CA
01-31-2003, 01:23 AM
Hey there,

Yes I knew it was you silly. Happy New Year! Actually, I was planning on calling you tomorrow. I am flying down to phoenix to visit the grandparents, but I will buzz you sometime over the weekend.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Melissa

Chris Cass
01-31-2003, 08:07 AM
Ed Prewitt,

is an excellent cue maker. He doesn't make that many fisherman by hobby mostly. His work is hard to find and likes tons of ivory in them.

C.C.~~ my .02 worth.

Chris Cass
01-31-2003, 08:11 AM
Hi nAz,

She shoots with a Gog, by Joey Gold.

C.C.~~my .02

nAz
01-31-2003, 01:31 PM
i played in Jeans tourney last night did well till i ran into Gerda /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif lost 5-3
won two matchs in the loser side then ran into Gerda again /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
anyway i told her about the Magazine and she said no problem she would get it to you guys, but i was in such a rush to get to another tourney that i forgot to leave her the new BD /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif DOH!

SRpool
01-31-2003, 06:40 PM
nAz, you are one lucky person getting to play in tournaments with jean and gerda. although it probably doesnt feel so lucky when you run into them /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif As for whoever asked what kind of cue I use, it is a Cognoscenti, ebony with 5 pink ivory floating points, ivory diamonds and ivory circles with silver around them. take care everyone

Nostroke
01-31-2003, 07:19 PM
Hey Sarah! i didnt know you posted here. Sorry I havent seen the pics or the aricle. My BD isnt being forwarded to Florida. -Maybe ill see you in Mississippi.Sure hope its a better venue than Miami-Are the WPBA tournaments listed somewhere? Melissa?

"Davey"

DEADSTOKE32
01-31-2003, 09:09 PM
Ok I jus finsh reading what everyone wrote about all the other ladies in the blk n wht pics. But what about Jennifer B from Nyc ? She is the home town female killer. Who's got a jam up game from one of NYC best teacher(Tony Robles) .And also some of the know money players in NYC. From 21 street Broardway Billiards.My old room ...And at 29 she did start playing.. We should give that Lady some true NYC love out here..."JENNIFER BERRETTA" And if anyone sees her please TELL HER "ART" SAID HI AND GOOD LUCK IN 2003..AND SHE'LL ALWAY HAVE ACTION WITH ME... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Holla Out From The Dirty South...

Wally_in_Cincy
02-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Wow. I knew she was a photographer but I had no idea. Those photos are quite outstanding.

I would be interested in purchasing a set of those suitable for autographs and framing. Perhaps Lara can PM me.

It's nice to see BD trying something new. Hopefully they will continue to update the format. This is definitely a step in the right direction.

BTW here's a photo Lara took of me before I got old and fat (j/k) /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif:

http://www.johnnydeppfan.com/p107.jpg

c'y'all later.

Barbara
02-01-2003, 04:18 PM
Well Wally, I for one am going to write to the Editor and congratulate them for the piece and suggest that they do something like this every year for the top semi-pro finishers from each tour that gets the invited WPBA spot for all of the WPBA events for the following year.

I will also point out Lara's stunning photography, of course, and suggest they keep her for the next year's shoot.

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

arn3
02-01-2003, 10:39 PM
,,,times before. just check any photo book on the shelf. it's decades old.

Scott Lee
02-02-2003, 11:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi nAz,

She shoots with a Gog, by Joey Gold.

C.C.~~my .02 <hr /></blockquote>

naz...My buddy CC is a bit foggy these days! LOL What he meant, was a COG...aka Cognoscenti...made in Chicago by Joe Gold. I was first introduced to these fine cues 10 years ago, by Sarah's dad. I played with, and repped Cognoscenti cues for five years. Excellent cues, imo.

Scott Lee

Melissa in CA
02-03-2003, 02:28 AM
Sorry, but I am not sure that you can find the WPBA schedule posted anywhere yet. So far, I think that the info has only been released to the players. I will pull out my WPBA newsletter tomorrow sometime and try to put up as much info as possible.

Melissa /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric.
02-03-2003, 10:02 AM
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=57135&amp;page= 0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

Eric

Nostroke
02-03-2003, 11:23 AM
Thanks Melissa and Eric- ive got it now-Looks like a few repeat venues which is a good sign. I hope the one not settled yet winds up being Amsterdam again. Without Valley Forge, i think NY becomes that much more important.