PDA

View Full Version : Pool Cue Echelon

01-30-2003, 09:05 AM
Someone the other day asked me what they should pay for a good cue. I told them it has long been my OPINION that pool cues are priced in certain classes. I feel like you can buy a better hitting/feeling cue for every dollar you spend up to...say 500.00. After that I think you start to pay for fancy ornamentation, inlays, veneers, limited production, exotic woods and materials and so on. Not to mention the cuemakers name.

I don't necessarily think that because you have a 3,000 dollar McDaniel, Richard Black, Tim Scruggs, etc., that it will have a better feel or hit than my 400.00 Espiritu. I'm not saying that the expensive cues by the well respected makers are not worth the money. Only saying that their lower end (plain Jane) models hit just as well as their "loaded" models.

In closing I will just say that I won alot of matches with my Cuetec (which I can say I will NEVER own another one /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif), alot of matches with my Lucasi and my Jacoby and hopefully my Espiritu. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyone else have any thoughts on this.