PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to try this? PH junkies contest.

nAz
01-31-2003, 02:05 PM
win free tickets?
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/pool_hall/

the tourney TD from last night said something about the winner of next weeks tourneys gets a chance to play for a trip to i believe it was LA, to compete in a tourney there Sponsored by PH junkies anyone know more about this? Wendy?

Naz~ i think i need more sleep

Steve Lipsky
01-31-2003, 02:44 PM
Naz, I think the winners of 11 tournaments in the tri-state area will compete in a final at Amsterdam West on or around Feb. 17.

The winner gets a paid trip to LA for the movie premiere.

No player higher than a B+ will be eligible to win the trip.

- Steve

Brent
01-31-2003, 03:24 PM
Hi. Although I cant compete in this competition cuz I live in a shitty place called Estonia witch is like very far from USA. Im a winner already cuz I got the new Poolhall junkies movie on VHS alrealdy and have seen it like 5 times. So u guys just wait till the 15th of feburary to see the darn thing and Il be watching it every night untill the 15th..on the sofa @ home :P

nAz
01-31-2003, 04:01 PM
THANKS STEVE /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif IM a D- so i get to play yeaaaa

@Brent wtf? where did you uhh err get it from? was it any good?. is it worth $9 bucks to watch?

9 Ball Girl
01-31-2003, 04:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>is it worth $9 bucks to watch? <hr /></blockquote>

Who cares? Being the addict or should I say junkie that I am, I'll pay $15 just to see it! It'a a pool movie! As a pool player, ya gotta go see it!

nAz
01-31-2003, 04:19 PM
well its just that it may be worth waiting for it to go DVD, and buy it for $15. happens to a lot of movies now a days. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brent
02-01-2003, 08:43 AM
Yeah hi guys..gals /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I dont know its so weird: I was walking around a supermarket a few days before the new year and stumbled to the video section. And BANG it was there..on the shelf. 2 copies of it..and this is like Estonia for crying out loud..these thing dont happen in here. I had seen the trailer in the internet and I knew the background of that movie. I held the tape for a sec and started running towards the register /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I payed 12 dollars in ur money for it. Then I rushed home, got a few beers, sat down in-front of my 28" Sony TV-set and watched it several times /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Well in conclusion it was quite good. Maybe cuz Im a pool-o-holic like u guys or maybe it would have been good for normal people as well /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif And NaZ I really agree with 9-ball girl here..u should go see it..and if u really like it well buy the dvd as well..after all there arent so many pool-related movies around.
There also where a few bad things in the movie..dont worrie Im not gonna spoil it for u all but Im just saying that pool-freaks like u will notice those thing..regular viewers wount. It got to do with the balls in use. Thats all Im gonna say. Thats the only thing that really pissed me off. Maybe its just me whos freaking out about it..anyways GO SEE IT. Then lets chat again. Ok take care Naz and 9-ball.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-01-2003, 12:35 PM
So far we've had reports of the tape being available in Australia, Sweden, Britain (I believe) and now Estonia.

I hope it makes it to the cinema here in the heartland.

Brent
02-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Hope dies last /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif