PDA

View Full Version : CCB changes?

SPetty
01-31-2003, 05:28 PM
Has anyone noticed a different behavior with the CCB?

I used to be able to use the "jump to" selection box thing to "refresh" my view. That is, as I read the posts, I could jump to the view and the posts that I had read would change to the old "been read" icon, while the posts I hadn't read yet would be remain and perhaps even updated if people had posted in the meantime.

Or, just going to the main menu and jumping between views would refresh the views so I could see what I'd read and what I still had to read. (Don't you sometimes wish they'd spell read and read differently?)

How do I fix this or who do I notify? I liked the old behavior, and feel like I'll miss posts with this new behavior...

Any ideas?

Rod
01-31-2003, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Spetty, How do I fix this or who do I notify? I liked the old behavior, and feel like I'll miss posts with this new behavior...
<hr /></blockquote>

I'd notify the President, he's not doing much anyway! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I haven't noticed a behavior change. Maybe I missed something. Seriously I don't know anything about "jump to". Where was that? At any rate I just hit refresh on the browser after reading a few. If there are any new posts they come up as well. Is/was there a difference in flat mode compared to separate threads?

[ QUOTE ]
(Don't you sometimes wish they'd spell read and read differently?)
<hr /></blockquote>

Um I'm missing something here, Im lost on this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

~~~ rod, just jumping along

bluewolf
02-01-2003, 05:50 AM
Susan,

Not sure if this is what you are referring to but...

A couple of times the parenthese with the numbers which tell me I havent read the thread yet go away. Then I have to try to figure out which new posts I have read. This is not a problem if there are not too many new posts but at times it has been confusing. Also, for instance, if I open chalk board and go back out, the yellow light bulb changes to white, even though I have not read all of the threads. I do not care for this either but can live with it if it cannot be another way.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't it be simpler just to use Reload or Refresh?

I'm in:

Ascending dates

Threaded Mode

Expanded threads

After I read a page I hit F5 (refresh) to see any updates. But I'm sure you know all this but hey, you asked /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And no, I haven't noticed any changes.

HTH

SPetty
02-01-2003, 08:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Seriously I don't know anything about "jump to". Where was that? At any rate I just hit refresh on the browser after reading a few. If there are any new posts they come up as well. Is/was there a difference in flat mode compared to separate threads?<hr /></blockquote>At the bottom of most of my CCB pages is a "jump to" box where you can select one of the forums and jump directly to that forum. Like, from non-pool-related, I can jump directly to the Cue Chalk Board without going through the Main Index.

Refresh on the browser does not work for me either.

Maybe you're right, maybe there's a difference in flat or threaded. I work in flat mode, and the refresh function apparently doesn't work any more.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr><blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> (Don't you sometimes wish they'd spell read and read differently?) <hr /></blockquote> Um I'm missing something here, Im lost on this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif<hr /></blockquote>I was just trying to be funny about the present and past tense of "to read". The present tense, read (pronounced reed) is spelled the same as the past tense, read (pronounced red). It gets confusing reading the post I wrote without knowing which tense to ascribe to the word. Guess it wasn't as clever as I thought... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rod
02-02-2003, 12:10 AM
SPetty,
Ok I overlooked the jump to. It comes up at the bottom when your on the front page of any forum. In threaded mode it is not there if I have any link expanded. Since your jump to does not refresh I have another option. In IE under favorites there is of course several folders. What I did is delete ever thing in my links folder. You know is your OS system real and that stuff that I never use. I added my "real" favorites to that folder with a short name so I could have them on the expanded third line, just below the address bar. If you don't have a third line it can be expanded by the double arrow. I find this very useful as I can toggle between the pool and non pool forums. I don't need this as a refresh but you may find it will refresh your view by comming back to the site as opposed to switching from within. I use that option instead of hitting the back button when I have read several replies. In your case using flat mode that isn't an issue. But you might want to give that a try.

bluewolf
02-02-2003, 08:50 AM
This morning, it keeps making me log in over and over.

Laura

SPetty
02-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Not that anyone cares, since apparently I'm the only person who had a problem with this, but this problem was fixed sometime late yesterday.

The forums now work for me like they did before. Whew! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato
02-17-2003, 02:30 PM
I only use the "jump to" on a forum if they have 5 or 6 available. If it was directly below the posts I'd use it but it's too far to scroll down because I'm lazy /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Rod
02-17-2003, 02:31 PM
SPetty,
I care. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have had a couple of strange problems myself for two or three days, then they fix themselves. If it continues then I do a thorough computer clean and delete any cookies from the site. After it has reset problems usually go away. Glad your functions come back.

Rod
02-17-2003, 02:33 PM
I thought the same thing. Um yes you could call me lazy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
02-17-2003, 05:26 PM
Well, if you work in flat mode like I do, the jumper is right below the last post!

However, the problem wasn't really with the jumper as much as it was with the refresh ability associated with the jumper. "Normally", the forum refreshes itself when I jump to it. Lately, it hasn't been doing that. Even pressing the "refresh" button did not refresh the view, nor did clicking the "favorite".

Anyway, happy happy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty~~~I still can't believe no one else uses this truly nifty and useful refresh feature!