PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP WITH 2 RAIL KICKS!!!!

02-01-2003, 06:42 PM
I hope someone can help me with a good 2 rail kicking system. I'm struggling with my kicks where the object ball lies behind some balls and I need to send the Cue ball 2 rails for a good hit.

Someone once mentioned to me that there is a system and when you know it, you can figure out which line, between x diamond and y diamond, the object ball lies on. Then you shoot at the first side rail diamond, to get to the second diamond, which let's you hit the object ball.

I hope someone can help me. Thank You in advance!!

02-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Here is a rudimentary system for 2 rail kicks. I never used this though. However this doesn't take into account the angle of impact and the speed of the cue ball so you may have to adjust. Anyway this is how it works (there's a diagram to help. 1. find the midpoint (Point A) between the CB and the OB. 2. Aim (from that midpoint) to the pocket between the two rails you want to kick off (red line). 3. aim from the CB parallel to that line of aim (black line). The diagram should clear this up. By the way I got this from "Play your Best 9-ball" by Phil CApelle.
http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html
START(
%AN9U4%BT6U4%CT8E1%DU4X2%GU3Y6%HU1Z7%JU0H4%LU0G2%M T9V9%OT7F3
%P[0O6%QT4R3%WC9C9%XU1S0%YN7T9%ZC2I8%[C6I6%\L4C5%]L9D2%^Z8O6
)END
Hope this helps! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

02-01-2003, 07:32 PM
Thank you for helping out! I know about the parellel system but it isn't that accurate, especially over long distances. There is a system where you take your CB starting position diamond and from there, if you hit a certain diamond, it will go to the third diamond. The idea is to figure out which track line the OB lies on and hit the second diamond for the kick

START(
%AK3V9%BP9Q7%CT8E1%DU7U7%GU3X1%HU2Z1%JV8F9%LX0H2%M S2S3%OU7F3
%Pi4Y0%Qm2[7%RN0A6%SA7H3%UO2]3%VA2H5%WB2H2%XN4A5%YJ3T6%ZC2I8
%[D0H3%\M7D1%]P6D7%^h0X0
)END

Hope I did it right.^

Popcorn
02-01-2003, 07:58 PM
I know kicking backward and forward, but I would not share any of it with you. You have been a creep since you first showed up here. This is not my nature to make a post like this, but in your case I am making an exception and I apologize to other board readers.

02-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Thank you.

fast_eddie_B
02-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Kicking 2 rails or even 3 rails, for that matter, could be hard to learn especially if you haven't learned to just see the angles in your head. I mean if you can't see the angle in your head, then you won't know what english you may need to make the hit. Hopefully you can make the hit with no english, but you have to remember that speed shortens angles up, as well, side english can do either. like duh, right, lol.
As far as a system for this goes, the diamond system works in theory, but theory is for the birds, enless you constantly play in pool halls whose tables are always extremely perfect. Believe me, a two rail kick is a lot harder when your playing on a table with one or more dead rails. Dead rails tend to make the ball hop, and widen the angle on a kick, the also tend to absorb side spin.
So here is my advice to you. The best way to get good at two rail kicks is to practice two rail kicks. I shoot kicks about one hour every week. just take a couple balls and finds ways to come rails to hit a ball. ya know, just use a little imagination. I find it best to practice the way you plan on playing. Always practice good fundamentals, ya know, good stance, good grip, good bridge, foot under hand, arm at right angle upon impact so the shoulder doesn't come forward on ya. and just be under the cue. A pretty good pool player once taught me when i was little, to properly address a ball and how to step INTO a shot. You see I stress into a shoot, because so so many ppl these days get on the table and just fall back in a stance and then they aim. That's a no go, it's no good, you will never become great at billiards if you constantly do this. You must learn to prepare yourself mentally before you ever place the bridge hand on that table. all this should be done before you get into your stance.
I once went on a road trip with this guy from the scranton area named Pat McNally, this was back in like 1994 or so. I remember Cory Duell was like 15. anyways patty won the amateur tournament there. That was the first time i ever saw Cory. And he was on a bar table stringing racks of 9 ball, and the talk was he could run a 150 to 200 and the guy was just 15 then. He was playing in a junior tournament then. He won that, of course. They say he was taught be the Fusco brothers, down in south philly, but i don't know if this is true. At 15, that boy had the baddest, hottest women just hanging on him.
Good luck,
fast_eddie_B

02-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the input. There is a good kicking system that takes the guesswork and memorizing out of the equation. The principal is that if you can find the right rail track to take, almost any ball can be hit. I'll share it with you when I get more info.

Corey Deull. Wow. He really is a talent. He used to spend alot of time at Drexelline and got alot of help from Sunshine Bob and Jimmy the Kid Caras before he moved to Ohio.
Pat Mac-shoots strong.

fast_eddie_B
02-01-2003, 09:50 PM
Pat was great then, i forgot to mention, he took down ginky the night before in the finals of a little tournament held at markley billiards. we left at like 4 in the morning and he had a match a nine. around that time rempe was giving him the 8 ball and patty was getting the best of him, from what i remember.

Jay M
02-02-2003, 05:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote A.L.F:</font><hr> Thanks for the input. There is a good kicking system that takes the guesswork and memorizing out of the equation. The principal is that if you can find the right rail track to take, almost any ball can be hit. I'll share it with you when I get more info.
<hr /></blockquote>

I use the standard 3 cushion diamond system for two rail kicks. It's here on the web somewhere, the correct name is the "Diamond System" or "Diamond Method". That system combined with the "plus two" system will get you whereever you need to be on the table.

Jay M

Eric.
02-03-2003, 09:29 AM
ALF,

I use the "Corner 5" and "Plus 2" also. The Plus 2 needs alot of side spin to work well, it can play long. In addition, there is one other I use. It is a 2 rail kick from the long rail, to the end rail, going back to the opposite end rail. It is similar to the Plus 2 system but is much more accurate if it involves a long kick(going up table &amp; back down to the end rail):

If standing at the foot of the table, the CB must in the lower quarter of the table and the OB must be in the opposite half of the table(diagonal half/corner pocket to corner pocket). The system is similar to the 3 rail system where you need to find a "rail number" for the OB and starting "rail number" for the CB. You then subtract the 1st rail contact number from the CB location number tohit the OB. The trick is to find out what "rail track" the OB lies on, which isn't too tough once you get used to it.

START(
%Ap5N4%Ej9V6%FL0]0%GP3_0%Jg9R9%Lj9Z0%NK2^7%Oj0T0%Pg4Y4%Ql0[9
%Su8N9%WE4K1%Xf2X9%YR3D3%ZC7I4%[o6L7%\T2D0%eC0a2
)END

This sounds complicated, but really isn't. If you want, I could try to figure out how to post a WEI table diagram with the proper "rail numbers".

Eric &gt;I'll have you kicking like a Rockette