PDA

View Full Version : Feijen Runs 15 Racks

Nostroke
02-02-2003, 11:09 AM
Azbilliards is reporting Niels Feijen ran 15 racks during some sort of challenge match!! Anyone heard of more? There are not a lot of details.I wonder if it was a race to 15 or some lesser amount and he just kept shooting to see how far he could go. Hopefully further details will be coming.

Jon from MN
02-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Im researching for the Minnesota billiards hall of fame and I have heard of several players running excess of 20 racks! I have heard of some pretty incredible feats. Any one of you who might shed some light on pool in Mn history Email me at Jon@mnbilliards.com thanks

L.S. Dennis
02-02-2003, 12:48 PM
I'd like to see some hard documentation on this one. Maybe the table had 7" pockets or something but who knows!

Jon from MN
02-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Its hard to get proof af anything that happened yesteryear. But when you here the same stories from so many people from all over the state there must be something to it. One never knows till he ask one never does till he tries. Jon from mn

Popcorn
02-02-2003, 01:49 PM
I would tend to doubt it, at least not under proper tournament conditions, on a nine foot table. There are so many variables involved, not the least of which, is the odds of making a ball on the break 20 racks in a row. I saw Joe Salazar run 14 racks on a bar table and that included an unusual number of 9's on the break. I think the term "run racks" may be missed used at times in regard to 9-ball. I ran 9 racks on a bar table in a ring game one night. I don't think I actually got all the way out more then twice. It was all combos and on the breaks. The total was 9, but not really much to brag about if you had seen it. More of an amazing combination of luck and very little rack running.

snipershot
02-02-2003, 03:25 PM
This is the first I've heard of this so I don't know if it's true or not, stories like this are circulating around alot, I'll believe it when I see it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

fast_eddie_B
02-02-2003, 03:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jon from MN:</font><hr> Its hard to get proof af anything that happened yesteryear. But when you here the same stories from so many people from all over the state there must be something to it. One never knows till he ask one never does till he tries. Jon from mn <hr /></blockquote>

It's not feasibly unheard of, if it did happen, I'd like to know on what type of conditions it was done on and under what pressure. I'm sure there are a lot of ppl in the world who could acheive this. but how many can string ten for a million like Earl the pearl did like last year.
fast_eddie_B

fast_eddie_B
02-02-2003, 03:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I would tend to doubt it, at least not under proper tournament conditions, on a nine foot table. There are so many variables involved, not the least of which, is the odds of making a ball on the break 20 racks in a row. I saw Joe Salazar run 14 racks on a bar table and that included an unusual number of 9's on the break. I think the term "run racks" may be missed used at times in regard to 9-ball. I ran 9 racks on a bar table in a ring game one night. I don't think I actually got all the way out more then twice. It was all combos and on the breaks. The total was 9, but not really much to brag about if you had seen it. More of an amazing combination of luck and very little rack running. <hr /></blockquote>

very true popcorn. I agree, i have seen and had similar sets myself where you string a few, still if you did 9 on a bar table, ya figure you may make two or maybe three on the break on a bar table quite often, and the odds of snapping the nine are more, as long as the table plays true, you are good.
fast_eddie_B

Alfie
02-02-2003, 04:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I would tend to doubt it, at least not under proper tournament conditions, on a nine foot table. There are so many variables involved, not the least of which, is the odds of making a ball on the break 20 racks in a row. I saw Joe Salazar run 14 racks on a bar table and that included an unusual number of 9's on the break. I think the term "run racks" may be missed used at times in regard to 9-ball. I ran 9 racks on a bar table in a ring game one night. I don't think I actually got all the way out more then twice. It was all combos and on the breaks. The total was 9, but not really much to brag about if you had seen it. More of an amazing combination of luck and very little rack running. <hr /></blockquote>According to Capelle's 500 game study, top pros break and run about 28% of the time. I don't think that counts early 9-balls, but I'm not sure. Anyway, using that figure, Niels' feat (if no early nines) was about a 1 in 270,000,000 proposition. For him to string 20 would be 1 in 160,000,000,000.

- could have been an easy table

[no math guarantees] /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

billiard dave
02-03-2003, 02:34 AM
Doing it sounds possible, but you probably wouldn't in the modern game. Everyone looks to "duck" the first chance you get. Maybe a "ghost" situation where you have to try and get out.

#### leonard
02-03-2003, 09:28 AM
Don Willis told me in a bragging session with others at a bar in Hudson NY that Jimmy Moore ran 27 racks at $100 a game, then with a snicker but it only got him even. It seems as if Lassiter and Willis had no trouble beating the fellow.

Eric.
02-03-2003, 09:53 AM
####,

With Lassiter and Willis running over Cowboy(playing even?), it makes me wonder again how strong those guys were!

I wonder if Feijen was using the Sardo(Sado?) rack on new cloth? I think 15 racks is definately a feat but is easier once you get the right break speed down for that contraption.

Eric &gt;still working on the 2 ball run

Cueless Joey
02-03-2003, 10:51 AM
I can see it now. Bert Kinnister's next video.
How to Run 15 Racks /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-03-2003, 10:53 AM
:O

I was just getting ready to say it'll be in his next ad.

"I taught Niels how to play like this" LOL