PDA

View Full Version : Which Pool SYSTEM have Helped you the Most ?

bigbro6060
02-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Which Pool system has helped you the most ?

FOr me the better i get, the more i practice, the more i think that systems are a load of Baloney and it's all about learning the judgements yourself and putting it into your muscle memory

I guess for a beginner, systems can give you an idea, a starting point for the experimentation but after that, experience and judgement has to take over

02-02-2003, 10:52 PM
I don't know about any particular popular systems... However, with each shot I take there is a certain routine/system which I go through... Look at the ob, imagine it going in, imagine the cue ball coming to rest where I want it to, I take three practice strokes and shoot. It just seems to improve consistency... It is kinda like watching a good basketball player take a free throw. The good players always shoot with the same routine each time they take a shot.

I know some people who have particular systems for say bank shots. I have seen alot of books that present different systems for eyeing up bankshots, but all of these systems just seemed to make everything more complicated. In the end, it just took alot of playing experience and trial/error to get a feel for the banks.