PDA

View Full Version : A question for the ladies on the Tours

cueball1950
03-15-2002, 10:45 PM
I recently sent an email to one of the directors of the NEWT about possibly holding an event here in Albany NY. Much to my surprise i was advised that they already had enough events scheduled and that it was to far to travel.(3 hours from NYC.) Was advised that they had a tournament is Syracuse.. (2 1/2 hours from Albany) and only 22 players showed up. Yet it was stated that the ladies would travel to Binghamton for a tournament. Which is 2 hours atleast, south west of Albany.. Now the question is... Can and Are the ladies, allowed to play in an added money independent event without getting into trouble???????? Any info would be greatly appreciated..We are not interested in having a Qualifier,, what ever that is!!!!!!!!mike

cuechick
03-16-2002, 12:02 AM
Mike, I know last year Corner Billiards held a woman's Q'er sanctioned by the WPBA but not in conection with a tour. I do believe that inless there is a Qualifer (which means, the top non touring pro wins a paid entry into a pro event) they will NOT come, or unless the money is HUGE. I do not know if the pros are allowed to play, I think so since many play in other events such as the Joss tour. Most players do not travel, put out the cash for hotels and entry's for the small amonts of money offered int these Regional events. It's all about the Qualifer!! That is the draw.

Doctor_D
03-16-2002, 06:12 AM
Good morning:

Qualifiers are offered through the Regional Tours which are sanctioned by the WPBA. The individual who wins a qualifier spot is then eligible to compete with the Touring Pros at a WPBA event. WPBA events are NOT open to anyone who wishes to compete. They must be Touring Pros or eligble through qualifiers and/or invitation.

Dr. D.