PDA

View Full Version : Camel Colored Masters Chalk Source?

Sid_Vicious
02-03-2003, 04:33 PM
What's a site where I can find the camel colored chalk, either masters or tournament???sid

02-03-2003, 04:44 PM
I bought my last chalk from http://www.billiardfanatic.com. I think all brands of chalk are $2.95/dozen.

I just checked their site, and they only have Masters in Blue, Green, Red, Gold, and Pewter. Out of stock in Grey, Brown, Rust. No mention of Camel, are you sure Masters doesn't call it Gold or Brown?

According to the same site, National Tournament Chalk is no longer being made, and colors are limited to stock on hand, which appears to be Red, Pink, Coral, Orange, and Brown.

Silver Cup is available there in Camel, plus a whole bunch of other colors. I've never used Silver Cup, but I see it used in a lot of pro tournaments now, so I figure it's okay.

David

Sid_Vicious
02-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Yea B-Fanatics is where I went first. Next question to the world is, "Is camel now called brown, gold or rust?" I am using pewter, which appears a little bold to me, but to tell the truth I have not seen camel up close...sid

Troy
02-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Meueller's Catalog, Pg 94, shows 8 colors and one looks to be "tan". I can't locate it in their on-line listing though.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> What's a site where I can find the camel colored chalk, either masters or tournament???sid <hr /></blockquote>

Brent
02-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Hi Sid..I belive the thing ur looking fot is "Tan". Darn I just checked www.billiardsdepot.com (http://www.billiardsdepot.com) cuz they used to have it, but not any more /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Why do u need it anyway. Why not the classical masters blue or gray.

SteveFromNY
02-04-2003, 06:50 AM
I was just thinking about buying tan chalk last night, after cleaning my shaft. I'm so incredibly sick of my shaft getting blue with chalk every single time I play. I'm really beginning to think it's just me. If I use tan chalk, will I see remnants of the tan chalk on the tables?

02-04-2003, 08:13 AM
Yes, you will see chalk deposits on the table. Tan is such a light color that it will probably show up much more than blue or green on standard green cloth. I thought maybe you had a table with tan cloth -- if not, I wouldn't suggest you use tan chalk, but that's up to you.

David

Fred Agnir
02-04-2003, 08:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> What's a site where I can find the camel colored chalk, either masters or tournament???sid <hr /></blockquote>
If all else fails, Muellers. That's where I got mine from. Most billiard supply stores that I've been in carry it.

I think the closest to "Camel" would be "Gold Masters." As opposed to "Brown," which is darker, or "Rust" which has a bit of red in it.

http://www.poolndarts.com/product.cfm?sku=24-145

Fred

Pizza Bob
02-04-2003, 08:29 AM
Yea, you'll definitely see it on the table - but it's easier to clean the table than the shaft. Usually, if I'm in a strange pool room I'll ask the houseman if it's OK to use tan chalk. I usually also offer to brush the table afterwards. If they don't want me to use it, that's OK - it doesn't kill me to use blue chalk occasionally.

I have used both Master and Silver Cup. Silver cup seems to be "grainier" and you get more residual chalk marks on the table than with Master. I am currently revisiting that issue and played most recently with Master. Either is a good choice, but I know the board is predisposed to Master Blue, so you'd probably find greater acceptance with Master Tan. BTW: The owners of the local room where I play, personally use tan chalk - although they supply blue to the customers, so they don't mind when I "mark my territory" with the tan chalk.

Adios,

Pizza Bob &lt;----The Alpha player / better to mark using chalk than the alternative.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-04-2003, 08:44 AM
I have used Silver Cup gold and it is absolutely terrible IMO.

www.poolndarts.com (http://www.poolndarts.com) has Master's tan. Or at least they did 2 months ago when I ordered some.

WaltVA
02-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Try www.billiardsexpress.com (http://www.billiardsexpress.com) for gold Masters. I'm pretty sure this is the same color. If you want to call, their # is 1(800)540-1761.

Masters is $2.79/doz and they give a 5% discount to APA members. They are a good outfit to do business with, in my experience.

Walt in VA

Sid_Vicious
02-04-2003, 10:57 AM
Apparently the billiard industry decided it didn't like tan chalk any more than it liked camel, cuz I've not found tan yet either. P&amp;D doesn't list it on-line, dang I never thought something as simple as these colors would be so difficult. Hell, they'll sell about every other color under the sun. Maybe I should use red, NOT!!sid

Fred Agnir
02-04-2003, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Apparently the billiard industry decided it didn't like tan chalk any more than it liked camel, cuz I've not found tan yet either. P&amp;D doesn't list it on-line, dang I never thought something as simple as these colors would be so difficult. Hell, they'll sell about every other color under the sun. Maybe I should use red, NOT!!sid <hr /></blockquote>

??? what part of all the responses that you've gotten didn't you understand?

Fred

Sid_Vicious
02-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Not any problem with these responses here on the CCB...it's just frustrating to finally decide that you want something seemingly commonly discussed(almost within the past few weeks)as being available out there in the industry, and then strike out not once, but twice on selections....sid~~~generally venting about dried up tan &amp; camel chalk, not anybody's resonse here

Fred Agnir
02-04-2003, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Not any problem with these responses here on the CCB...it's just frustrating to finally decide that you want something seemingly commonly discussed(almost within the past few weeks)as being available out there in the industry, and then strike out not once, but twice on selections....sid~~~generally venting about dried up tan &amp; camel chalk, not anybody's resonse here <hr /></blockquote>
I'm still confused as to what you're saying. You asked for camel-colored chalk. That's your subject. You got plenty of answers as to where to find it. Do you not understand that Master's Gold *is* camel-colored chalk? It's just a name, Sid. They could have named it toasted almond, or burnt fuzzy lint, and it would still be what you're looking for.

Despite my ravings in the past, I have Camel Granito Basalt. That was their name for it (see Mueller's). Now they call it... Beige. Same color, different name. What chalk was the camel-colored Masters that goes best with it? Masters Gold. Same basic color, just a different name. When I bought my cover, I wanted nearly the same color. The choices? Saddle and Nutmeg. Saddle is close. It's just a freakin' name. Or are you telling me you're looking for the Pantone number? There is no Pantone Number for Camel.

As an aside, looking at the Muellers Catalog, Fortsman's Camel is closer to Masters Brown. And as a reminder, Granito Camel (now known as Granito Beige) is pretty damned close to Masters Gold. You've got choices. Any questions?

Fred

Sid_Vicious
02-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Yea one question, "What respondent answered that Masters Gold was the same as camel?" sid

Sid_Vicious
02-04-2003, 02:45 PM
Walt...Thanks for your patience and for sharing your opinion that gold was the replacement for camel. I'll try a cube next chance I get...sid~~~goin' for the gold ;-)

Fred Agnir
02-04-2003, 04:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Yea one question, "What respondent answered that Masters Gold was the same as camel?" sid <hr /></blockquote>
??? Are you telling me that you didn't go back and read the other posts?

dmorris wrote:I just checked their site... No mention of Camel, are you sure Masters doesn't call it Gold or Brown?

Troy wrote: Meueller's Catalog, Pg 94, shows 8 colors and one looks to be "tan".

I wrote: I think the closest to "Camel" would be "Gold Masters."

WaltVA wrote: Try www.billiardsexpress.com (http://www.billiardsexpress.com) for gold Masters. I'm pretty sure this is the same color

Two respondants (Pizza Bob and Wally in Cincy) wrote: "Master Tan" obviously not hung up with the actual name of the color but the "camel colored Chalk" as requested.

Hope that helped, but I doubt it.

eg8r
02-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Fred are you having a bad day. LOL

eg8r /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sid_Vicious
02-04-2003, 04:28 PM
I repeat, Who STATED IT WAS THE REPLACEMENT! Opinions are just that, not facts...sid

Tom_In_Cincy
02-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Fred,

There comes a time (for us that have to deal with Hamiltuckians.. ) to back off and let them experience the full effect of what they are doing. Experience is ONE of the best teachers..

Good luck on finding that 'sunset''camel''beige''light brown''gold''tan' colored chaulk... Sid.

bluewolf
02-04-2003, 06:38 PM
We have the gold and brown. The gold looks more like a camel to me. The brown looks like a donkey. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

blu

Rip
02-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Sid, I use Masters Gold and it disappears on my Simonis camel colored 860.
Gold, gold, gold. Yep, that's what it says right here on the box. Gold is camel colored according to Masters dammit!
Rip /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
02-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Was it close to these colors?
http://www.camelproductions.com/blink22.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-05-2003, 08:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Fred,

There comes a time (for us that have to deal with Hamiltuckians.. ) <hr /></blockquote>

Hell I'm confused now /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I wrote "tan" but I meant "gold" (brain fart). But gold will work on tan cloth. Gold will work on gold cloth. But Silver Cup still sucks, of that I am certain /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Sincerely,

Rodney King~~can't we all just get along /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rip
02-05-2003, 08:33 AM
Yes it's close. Each cube also had a little face that resembled a winking camel. What a coincidence! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Was it close to these colors?
http://www.camelproductions.com/blink22.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Fred Agnir
02-05-2003, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Was it close to these colors?
http://www.camelproductions.com/blink22.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I think the camel is actually brown, the sun (or is it a shield) is like gold, and the parchment,... now that's tan. Or maybe it's all colors of some part of the camel. Maybe just parts that the camel left behind in the sand. There ought to be a pooper scooper law.

Fred &lt;~~~ knows nothing of gold camels with tans

SpiderMan
02-05-2003, 10:15 AM
Hey, what Sid is really looking for is a color of chalk that won't transfer from his hands and show up on his shaft. Someone told him that "camel" never stains the shaft, so that's why he's obsessing over it (Sid's from Arkansas, so his first thought was sheep or pig, but then he remembered how red that made cousin Tubby's shaft /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif).

All kidding aside; who knows whether there was ever a chalk designated as "camel", but what he really wants is "medium maple" master's chalk. Now that could be called camel, donkey, pig, cat, dog, shaft, or foreskin, as long as it doesn't color the wood, and he'd be happy. I'm pretty sure there's no "medium maple".

SpiderMan

Fred Agnir
02-05-2003, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> All kidding aside; who knows whether there was ever a chalk designated as "camel", but what he really wants is "medium maple" master's chalk. Now that could be called camel, donkey, pig, cat, dog, shaft, or foreskin, as long as it doesn't color the wood, and he'd be happy. I'm pretty sure there's no "medium maple".

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>
All kidding aside? No chance. I'm not stepping off this train. Here's my new Top Ten list of chalk names that could be considered "camel colored":

10. Light Bronze
9. Manila Envelope
8. Honey Mustard
7. Corrugate Cardboard
6. Butterscotch
5. Caramel
4. Sandalwood
3. Grocery Bag
2. Pale Ale

and the number one new name for camel-colored Masters Chalk:

1. Present from the Baby

Hope this helps,

Fred &lt;~~~ wonders where Ken is?

Rip
02-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Rest assured the gold colored Masters (which is tan) will not show up on his cue shaft. I've been using it for over a month and there is not a trace of discoloration on any of my cue shafts. However, some Camels have reported chafing of the fore---naaahhhh, I won't go there LOL! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Hey, what Sid is really looking for is a color of chalk that won't transfer from his hands and show up on his shaft. Someone told him that "camel" never stains the shaft, so that's why he's obsessing over it (Sid's from Arkansas, so his first thought was sheep or pig, but then he remembered how red that made cousin Tubby's shaft /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif).

All kidding aside; who knows whether there was ever a chalk designated as "camel", but what he really wants is "medium maple" master's chalk. Now that could be called camel, donkey, pig, cat, dog, shaft, or foreskin, as long as it doesn't color the wood, and he'd be happy. I'm pretty sure there's no "medium maple".

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
02-05-2003, 01:00 PM
http://www.tias.com/stores/estar/pictures/ad96cpccb.jpg

or

http://www.ourks.com/images/mr85.jpghttp://www.ourks.com/images/mr76.jpg

Adios from 850 mi. west of the Big Dig,

Wally~~a pathetic attempt at filling rackmup's shoes, per Fred's request

bluewolf
02-05-2003, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>

Hell I'm confused now /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I wrote "tan" but I meant "gold" (brain fart). But gold will work on tan cloth. Gold will work on gold cloth. But Silver Cup still sucks, of that I am certain /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

<hr /></blockquote>

ditto. ww had a box of sc. I tried chalkin with it once and once only!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

blu