PDA

View Full Version : CB Used In LV @ Nationals?

Sid_Vicious
02-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Anyone know the exact CB they use in Vegas? I talked with one guy on the phone today from a prominent billiard store who said a red circle, but I doubt that answer. Thanks in advance...sid

SPetty
02-03-2003, 10:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Anyone know the exact CB they use in Vegas? I talked with one guy on the phone today from a prominent billiard store who said a red circle, but I doubt that answer. Thanks in advance...sid <hr /></blockquote>Hi Sid,

I talked to Gary Benson, the guy who owns the right to set up the tables for this tournament, and he was really less than helpful. I wasn't asking about the cue ball specifically, but about the ball set. He said "any Belgian balls". I'd be glad to share his 800 number that rings to his cell phone. Maybe you can get better info than I did...

Rod
02-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Sid it has always been the Valley magnetic ball. It has no markings and is 2 1/4" in dia. It is an off white -- grey white in color. There is another phenolic magnetic ball listed but it has a yellow tint. They use those belgian premier ball sets. You can't match the conditions exactly but you can get close enough.

Rod

Chris Cass
02-04-2003, 12:02 AM
Hi Sid,

The APA got the Diamond tables last yr. so that would be the red circle CB. The BCA Nationals had magnetic squirly ones. They replaced about 60 cb's out of the 200 some tables and still couldn't cover all of them.

Regards,

C.C.