PDA

View Full Version : Poolhall Junkies -- not bad!

Warren_Lushia
02-04-2003, 01:24 AM
quick review -- i like the movie -- its better than the color of money, not as good as the hustler, but its cool overall. a lot more "pool" than you'll see in COM or the hustler, but then again don't expect the pool to be a pool addicts kind of pool! lotsa banking -- if it influences popular culture at all expect banking to become the new trend in your poolhall /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif walken was my favorite so far after 3 or 4 watches, although he isn't in alot of the movie. the chazz dude was also good and rick shroeder was not bad at all (ok his bridge sucked and his stroke was suspect, but the acting was quite good). the plot is "decent". some "the hustler" lines are stolen and so is part of the plot, but if you haven't watched "the hustler" 1000 times (ok so prolly all of you have!) they wouldn't be so obvious.

i watched the movie also with some people who play pool but aren't really interested in it beyond something fun to do for an hour once in a while. my gf espeically liked it -- some of the parts she liked in particular were parts i thought were "cheesy" like some of the bets, so maybe i am not the best judge!

i am very interested to see how the public will like this movie. so far all positive, we'll see. any body else seen it?

warren..

nAz
02-04-2003, 01:31 AM
Cool, if you say its better then COM then i check it out @ the theather, just gotda find a hot chick to see it with (Bendee).

where did you see it at anyway?

9 Ball Girl
02-04-2003, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Cool, if you say its better then COM then i check it out @ the theather, just gotda find a hot chick to see it with (Bendee).<hr /></blockquote>

Do you mean you need a hot chick to pay your way at the theater? LOL I'm in! I still think that the NY Contingent should get together to go watch it and then shoot some afterwards. It should be inspiring!

Wendy~~aka Wild Woman~~aka Bendee~~aka The Terminator~~better known as 9 Ball Girl /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Eric.
02-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Hey Naz, Bendee, NY Contingent,

I think this website has a link for advanced screening tickets. You have to check back here on Feb 15 to buy them.

Eric &gt;see movie and shoot some? sounds good to me

cuechick
02-04-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the imformative post, and for keeping it in perspective. We are probally the worst people to critic a pool movie. All I know is if it gets more people to play and brings interest to the sport it is a GREAT movie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brent
02-04-2003, 02:46 PM
But Warren didnt the small mistakes and the ball thing at the end bother u ? Im still pissed. This is hollywood I was maybe hoping a more proffesional thing but the way it is right now..fine by me.

9 Ball Girl
02-04-2003, 02:59 PM
No, No, No!!!! Don't say anymore! We haven't seen it yet!

Wendy~~tell Warren quietly...http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies/1044200322.gif

Warren_Lushia
02-04-2003, 03:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Cool, if you say its better then COM then i check it out @ the theather, just gotda find a hot chick to see it with (Bendee).

where did you see it at anyway? <hr /></blockquote>

my personal opinion is that it is better than COM, we'll see if you agree!

i have it on my computer. a friend in another country sent it to me, only took 18 hours of download time (740 meg file!) i wanna see it in the theatre anyway, i don't think the comp is the best way to view it! its definitely worth seeing!!

warren..

Warren_Lushia
02-04-2003, 03:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brent:</font><hr> But Warren didnt the small mistakes and the ball thing at the end bother u ? Im still pissed. This is hollywood I was maybe hoping a more proffesional thing but the way it is right now..fine by me. <hr /></blockquote>

hey brent, if ya wanna discuss any details, click on my name and PM me. i definitely don't wanna spoil all the pool fans fun who are anxiously awaiting the movie! thats why i tried to leave out any details. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

warren..