PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge - Attendance Report

Doctor_D
03-16-2002, 06:17 AM
Good morning:

So far, I have met Rich R and his wife, S.Petty, Jack Justis. Looking for more of our CCB regulars today, Saturday the 16th!

Reminder, just look for the name tag which reads;

Doctor D

Dr. D.

SPetty
03-16-2002, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good morning:

So far, I have met Rich R and his wife, S.Petty, Jack Justis. Looking for more of our CCB regulars today, Saturday the 16th!

Reminder, just look for the name tag which reads;

Doctor D

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

I've met Tom Rossman, CarolNYC, Barbara, Melissa in CA, Dr. D., Lorri, Gremlin (from the AZBilliards forum) and Rich R. I'm looking forward to meeting TomBrooklyn (double shot of tequila, remember?), Chris in NC, Rod, Fred Agnir, and perhaps others. Well, I've met others, but probably none that you'd recognize!

I suspect that if I hang around Dr. D., I'll have a better chance of meeting these people!

SPetty ~~ Still having a blast!

Ralph S.
03-16-2002, 04:57 PM
Wish like hell I was there. I definitely will be next year though. Thanks for keeping us that couldnt make it informed about the goings on.
Ralph S.&gt;will be anxiously awaiting more updates.

03-16-2002, 05:25 PM
I was there all day Friday... met up with a few people, talked to a lot of cuemakers (Jerry Olivier and Timmy Scruggs are REALLY cool guys), played in the Amateur Open, and watched some friends advance in the tournament. Valley Forge is SO MUCH fun. It's billiard heaven. There are people to meet, pros to watch, LOTS OF YUENGLING, great deals on great cues, and everything else under the sun.

-FOOD is expensive. Sheldon Lebow, the guy who made my cue, bought a soda, fries, and a hot dog (or hot sausage) and it was something like $15. Be ready to spend a good amnt of money on food if you're spending the day there.

-There is ACTION if you want it! While warming up for my 11am match, 2 guys wanted to play $20/rack 9ball. If you're a killer, have fun. Too bad I cant string 2 balls together.

-Walking past this big blue tent thing, I snuck a peek to see what was behind it, and standing less than 6 feet from me was Johnny Archer running out a game of 8ball. He looks skinnier in person, if that's at all possible.

-I am looking for a sneaky pete by a good cuemaker. I talked to Timmy, and he's not making them anymore. Olivier sold his within the first hour. Dale Perry has a nice purpleheart SP, but I'm hesitant for some reason. I know an exhibitor selling a Lambros SP for $600. ??? (That's what I said.) Paul Drexler (pfd Cues) has THE BEST looking SP for $800. $800?? Although, it is the best piece of Bacote wood EVER. If I don't wind up getting a SP, I may just spring for a 4 pt. Scruggs.

I know that I'm going back on Sunday to buy a cue, meet up with some more people, and watch a few pro matches. Sunday night or Monday I'll post the review for Sunday and attach a link with pics of my new cue.

Later everyone!

SPetty
03-17-2002, 09:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Louis:</font><hr> I was there all day Friday... LOTS OF YUENGLING ...
<hr></blockquote>

FYI - for those not from here (I'm not), this is a local lager, and yes, there is a lot of it!

Yesterday, I met the poster known as Ken, Janet Shimel from Cuetec Cues and Chris in NC, who seemed perplexed, disconcerted and almost unhappy that Rich R and I were able to independently pick him out of a crowd. He's given a brief physical description of himself (a big guy) and he was hanging around with a young man (Dragon), and they were intently watching the Allison Fisher match. How could we not pick him out??!?

This is my first time ever seeing professional players. I sat up close and personal for Earl Strickland's match last night - yep, everything you've heard is true regarding the whining. Then went and watched Allison Fisher tromp Karen Corr 9-1 for the rocking chair slot.

Both men's and women's semi-finals and finals are today. Each are down to four players.

Oh, and had a pleasant dinner with Dr. D and Rich R.

SPetty ~~ Still having a blast and still looking for TomBrooklyn...

cheesemouse
03-17-2002, 09:37 AM
S/Petty,
Thanks for the update. AZ didn't have the Fisher/Corr results up. That is suprising. It looks like Earl is on top of his game. Playing and whining. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif It doesn't sound like there was a big gathering of the ccb crowd at the bar. To bad.

cuechick
03-17-2002, 10:04 AM
I can not get the bottom 1/2 of the field on the men's event to open(at AZ)? So I don't know what is going on with that. Who is in the final?

cheesemouse
03-17-2002, 10:12 AM
Earl beats Nick Mannino= Earl
Mika Immonen beats Morris= Mika
The Pearl and Mika in the finals. Sounds like fun. I think my move would be to try and get Earl pissed off. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Brady_Behrman
03-17-2002, 10:24 AM
Anyone know how Duke Laha is doing. He plays out of my room.

cuechick
03-17-2002, 10:26 AM
He usually does a good job of pissing himself off.

Thanks for the update.
cc

cheesemouse
03-17-2002, 10:33 AM
There's a Duke Bayman who lost to Morris in the third round.

Troy
03-17-2002, 08:17 PM
There is no "bottom half of the field". The chart at AZBilliards is complete.

Doctor_D
03-19-2002, 06:56 AM
Good morning:

Needless to say, everyone had a blast.

Dr. D.