PDA

View Full Version : try this please

02-04-2003, 07:41 PM
I am a senior psychology major at Wheeling Jesuit University. I am doing my senior thesis on competition and desperately need participants who shoot competitive pool. It should be really fun!! All you have to do is go to www.geocities.com/keenerthesis/ (http://www.geocities.com/keenerthesis/) you fill out a simple form and try to describe what is going through your head as you shoot your game (which is shown using photographs of an actual game). Please help me!

Tom_In_Cincy
02-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Keener,
I read all your comments about the table play. "Thoughts", "Feeling" and "comments"

I'm not sure how you could write a thesis based on so much/many opinions.

04-20-2003, 02:21 AM
I tried, but there was AN ERROR.

HR

q4summit
04-20-2003, 08:01 PM
A very well done survey. I answered honestyl and truthly. Funny how you can find faults in your game from simply being forced to address them.

Tom in Cincy,
His thesis is on that people think differently and feel differently in competitive situations. Even though your answers may differ from mine, it still supports his claim and argument.

Well done Keener, I hope your survey works out and I could definately use that credit towards my major.

Marc

Michelle
04-21-2003, 12:48 PM
Very interesting scenarios-I enjoyed doing this study, and I hope you will let us read your thesis when you are done. I think the results will be helpful to all of us.

I tried to take it without looking ahead at what the shot was going to be. I suggest everyone here who has time, to take this, as it pinpoints feelings that we might not think about while we are playing, but possible affect how we play our game.

Rod
04-21-2003, 01:26 PM
Michelle,
While I agree with what your saying, this post is near 3 months old. What I'd like to bring up is that so many posts like this, the person never comes back. There is other posts from this person and I'm sure many have contributed, I did.

Over the years there have been many and not so much as an explanation on what happened or a thank you. I don't know about everyone else but it seems one sided to me.

Rod

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2003, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Michelle,
While I agree with what your saying, this post is near 3 months old. What I'd like to bring up is that so many posts like this, the person never comes back. There is other posts from this person and I'm sure many have contributed, I did.

Over the years there have been many and not so much as an explanation on what happened or a thank you. I don't know about everyone else but it seems one sided to me.

Rod
<hr /></blockquote>

Rod,

You are correct regarding about 90% of these type posts. But keener did come back. Maybe you did not see it.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=71843&amp;Forum =All_Forums&amp;Words=keener&amp;Match=Username&amp;Searchpage =0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=71843&amp;Search=true#Po st71843

Predator314
04-21-2003, 02:00 PM
I would like to read the CCB responses to the survey.

Rod
04-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks Wally, no I never saw her post. Amazing I would have never thought that would get by me. My apology to Keener and I'm glad our posts served your purpose.

~~~ Wally doesn't miss much-- except for a pool ball now and then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
04-21-2003, 02:07 PM
I hope you post your thesis or put it on the net for us to read. I'm very interested.

Kato

Michelle
04-21-2003, 02:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Michelle,

Over the years there have been many and not so much as an explanation on what happened or a thank you.
Rod
<hr /></blockquote>

Well, even if keener didn't ever come back, my point was just that it seemed worth it for pool players to do the test for their own self-improvement. If keener gives us the results, that is an extra bonus.

And, even though the original post was from February, I didn't see it in Feb., and two other people found it and replied to it just yesterday, which then brought it back current and into my recent msg's list...and since then, more people have responded.
So, maybe, the post got passed by too quickly on the first time around, and now is getting well-deserved attention.