PDA

View Full Version : Pool on TV

cheesemouse
03-16-2002, 08:52 AM
ESPN2 has a three straight hour line up of pool on this afternoon. Reruns, of course, but we can't be choicey

03-16-2002, 11:48 AM
I am giving odds its a scheduling misprint /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif Hope I am wrong.

Sid_Vicious
03-16-2002, 11:52 AM
You sure that you're not seeing the 17th times rolled into today? My alerts shows only one for today...sid

jjinfla
03-16-2002, 02:03 PM
In about 50 minutes we will know if it is a misprint. But I set my recorder because I am going to the American Legion at 3:30 to work the bingo game. My TV guide does show 3 hours of billiards though. Jake

jjinfla
03-16-2002, 02:58 PM
The first hour has Earl vs Francisco. We might get to see some good pool this afternoon. Jake

cheesemouse
03-16-2002, 06:19 PM
I don't care how many times I see it that last game was something else. It was a whole lot more exciting than this: http://dgl.microsoft.com/thumbnails/SL00/SL00150_(t).gif

stickman
03-16-2002, 06:36 PM
Very good! I'm not complaining mind you, but the elephant beautiful balls are hard to follow on TV, and the pocket cam didn't do anything for me either. The play was outstanding! I wouldn't sweat the small stuff, if I could see this on TV every weekend. /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

03-16-2002, 06:38 PM
I was thrilled! I got to see three matches I have never seen.
And I still can't believe Earl didn't get on the 7, and yes, that last match was incredible.

Rod
03-16-2002, 07:41 PM
Say Cheese, thanks for the tip. I watched all 3 hours. AZ Billiards sends me a reminder the day before, but I never got a message this time, unless I just overlooked it.
I've seen it before and I still can't figure out why Busta played that last rack as he did. I guess 50 big ones might effect how one plays.

cheesemouse
03-16-2002, 07:59 PM
Rod,
It was a treat to see these matches all in a row. It never ceases to amaze me how when the cream has floated to the top they knock off the shots. With ball in hand I would be hard pressed to turn over the table even if I'd have seen that brutal lock-up. But, Hey, they came with three world beater shots in one game and I was seriously entertained and I have seen it before. LOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
The cynic in me wonders if they chopped it...

jjinfla
03-17-2002, 10:08 AM
I taped the 3 hours so I got to watch them this morning. Although having seen the matches before they were still fun to watch. Now I will have to save that tape. did you notice that while most of the games only took about 4 minutes to play, and their break and runs less than 3 minutes, the last game took 8 minutes 38 seconds? Another thing I noticed is that no one made the 9 on a break and I can't even remember the last time I saw a nine made on the break on ESPN. Jake

cheesemouse
03-17-2002, 10:19 AM
jj,
That's around $5813.95 a minute for the last game. Too strong for my blood. I would have left a stain. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
P.S. What I noticed is they were hard breaking with the Sardo rack and they were racking the nine on the spot.

stickman
03-17-2002, 10:21 AM
Strickland had trouble even making a ball on the break. That had to be frustrating. I can only imagine what it would be like to have your opponent run out on you everytime you broke and didn't pocket a ball. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif