PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a home table...

02-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Hello all,
I am looking for a decent inexpensive (Under $2000) home table. So far what I've seen is a "Fat Joe Classic" at Costco, which I am unable to find any info on, and several Z-Billiards models sold primarily on eBay. If anyone has ANY input or advice, I would appreciate it. THX!

Carlton31698
02-05-2003, 11:18 AM
Try to find a used table My local poolroom was selling old goldcrowns for 1500 or 1800 covered (they have sold the last one) take your time and look you'll find one /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
C.L. Bailey ( clbailey.com ) makes a good table for a good price I don't know if they have one under $2000 though

02-05-2003, 12:05 PM
zBilliards makes decent tables for the price, and they have a lifetime warranty. The only cause for concern is shipping (some carriers are terrible) and setup, which is your responsibility. Hiring a qualified mechanic will bump the cost up by a few hundred dollars more. And I think they are uni-body frames, so stairs and tight turns could present a problem.

AMF, Kasson, and Imperial make decent tables, and have models in the sub-$2000 range. You won't find a new Brunswick in that price range, unless it's their bottom-tier Contender line, which is basically a high-end "toy" line and not recommended. So if you want Brunswick you'll have to shop around for used models. The best source for cheap Brunswicks are pool halls and people who inherit the table or get it with a house and don't want it or realize what it's worth. eBay also has frequent listings for used Brunswicks, maybe you can find one within driving range, rent a U-Haul, and go get it yourself.

David

NBC-BOB
02-05-2003, 12:10 PM
I would think for that kind of money you could get a pretty decent table if you shop around.Whatever type of cloth your playing on now,or most of the time playing on, I would put on my home table.

preacherman
02-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Get a decent table, at a trustworth dealer OR
shop around for a used table - You can get a nice
used table for that price. Make sure the slate is
Brazilian or Italian 1" AND whatever cloth you are
playing on now pay the extra for Simonis - It will
be worth it!!!

Jim

02-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Either try to find a nice used table or go for a Connelly. I have a Connelly and its great. It is build just as well as tables that are several thousand dollars.