PDA

View Full Version : Your Creative Intentional Fouls Of Past

Sid_Vicious
03-16-2002, 09:06 AM
All this talk about intentional fouls got me to thinking,,,what brutal situations have you put the other guy in with these fouls? Let's say the you are in very bad position and yet you can tap the opponent's ball(or the 8 for that matter) snug up against the 8-ball which happened to be virtually in the corner pocket, hence him getting his OB away from the 8 is virtually impossible without making the 8. You have one of your balls left on the table that can be used to squeeze the 8 apart from the trouble spot(playing off the 8 for the corner shot) in case you get into a cagey safety battle or if he surprised you with his own "check"(you'd missed seeing) before the checkmate you just gave him. The simple intentional foul you made by nailing the 8 ball into an escapable location just rearranged the entire game.

It does make you wonder just what kind of strategy there is in intentional fouls, given you have the touch for such positional play...sid

03-16-2002, 09:24 AM
The game is one pocket. One ball is left, opponent shoots, misses the OB, leaving it in the jaws of his pocket, while the cue ball travels down table to the far pocket on the same side of the table of his pocket and almost scratches but does leave me corner hooked. He made some wise crack, and I approached the table and I took my cue, addressed the shot, and froze the CB to the long rail by "pinching" the ball between the long rail (the pocket jaws) and my cue tip. This resulted in anger, and frustration in my opponent which we all know what happens to one's concentration when this occurs. I figured that was my only option to keep my chances of winning this game alive.

cheesemouse
03-16-2002, 10:25 AM
The game is 8-ball & it's your shot at the eight:
<8-ball is in that spot by the side where even with ball-in-hand it is difficult to make>< he has one ball left and it is jawed, not in the side by the eight><What is the best legal move????

Chris Cass
03-17-2002, 09:59 AM
Hi Cheese,
Lock the cb against the eight. Don't leave him a shot that is makable.
C.C.