PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities full of hot air.

eg8r
02-06-2003, 10:03 AM
I find it quite humorous everytime some celebrity opens their mouth about something political. Seems they have all come out of the woodworks since Bush has been in office. None of them said anything when Clinton was giving away secrets to the Chinese, but now they are all over the news. I guess since the current administration is no longer pandering to their every whim they will try to combat it with senseless ramblings with no basis for fact. I wonder when the Baldwin member (cannot remember which "intelligent" it was) who threatened to move away if Bush won is ever going to move. I guess not, sure enough he decided he would lay low and the media forgot about it. Here is a recent quote from Dustin Hoffman... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dustin Hoffman:</font><hr> Hoffman accused the Bush administration of "manipulating the grief of the country" after the events of September 11. <hr /></blockquote> Does the blow hard have any shread of proof. Nope, he is just a star with a bad attitude toward current administration and wants to knock Bush down. The only gaurantee of this statement is that he will back down if he was ever questioned about it. The most famous line of the Hollywood stupid is, "That was taken out of context".
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dustin Hoffman:</font><hr> "For me as an American, the most painful aspect of this is that I believe that that administration has taken the events of 9/11 and has manipulated the grief of the country and I think that's reprehensible," he said. <hr /></blockquote> I think Dustin should leave the country and denounce his citizenship if he finds it so painful that our administration is hell bent on eliminating the threat from happening again. Maybe if Dustin was the President he would have tried to give citizenship to Osama instead of bombing him (there is no certain proof that Osama is still alive, no proof that his videos are not older videos being released). I guess Dustin believes our only threat was the Taliban in Ashcanistan. WRONG. They are everywhere and it is nice that we are going after them.

I do not feel that my grief for 9/11 has been manipulated one bit. They hit NYC, Pentagon and a field, and I grieve for the families that lost their loved ones. Now that Bush is going after them, I feel relieved that maybe one day complete justice is served. Do I have a definition of complete justice or what outcomes I might expect, NO. One thing I do feel comfortable with, is removing Dictators from office whom harbour Al Qaeda and help fund them.

eg8r

Kato
02-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Hey Eg, I believe that person was Martin Sheen, father of Charlie and Emilio Estevez, who was babbling about moving away. He is a great president though and a great presidential advisor, just watch West Wing and The American President.

Kato

Leviathan
02-06-2003, 11:42 AM
You have reminded me that I liked Repo Man. Must see it again.--D.M.

eg8r
02-06-2003, 11:47 AM
While you might be right about Martin Sheen, I am also right about the Baldwin. It turns out it was Alec. http://www.rateitall.com/item.asp?I=05E6935D-3202-4AB8-AEF1-48D820897363

[ QUOTE ]
He is a great president though and a great presidential advisor, just watch West Wing and The American President.
<hr /></blockquote> I don't think I could stomach it let alone watch West Wing. My political views are not inline with those portrayed in that show.

Now that you bring it up, why has not Martin moved? His threats are hot air.

eg8r

bluewolf
02-06-2003, 12:27 PM
Everybody has a right to say what they think. But famous people often lose out when getting so controversial. Rights and lefties may have liked Dustin. By being so open about politics, imo, some people will not go to his movies.

I am not on one side pro or anti bush. The only reason I support him is because he is the president and that is that.

blu

Kato
02-06-2003, 12:49 PM
I would say then you are correct Eg. I am not however going to look for Martin's comments. He won't leave the land of milk and honey no matter who the President is.

Kato

eg8r
02-06-2003, 01:41 PM
LOL, I hear ya.

eg8r

eg8r
02-06-2003, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everybody has a right to say what they think. But famous people often lose out when getting so controversial. <hr /></blockquote> You are right, they do have the right. And in the case of Martin Sheen and Alec Baldwin they are also expressing their right to lie. I don't mind them getting out there and chatting away, I just wish they would do it on a radio station and allow callers to ask questions. It is not like the average American can get a spot on the news and say anything political that we want to. They have clout and get the time. Now I just ask that instead of them hiding behind their clout, why not express their views in a way as to allow some sort of interrogation. This is why I love talk radio. Liberals can get on there and say anything they want, problem is that they don't keep their stations long enough because they cannot prove what they say and the ratings goes down the tubes.

eg8r

TomBrooklyn
02-06-2003, 02:02 PM
I would speculate that the reason Hollywood Stars mostly support Democrats is because they are paid wildly large amounts of money for their work which they don't honestly feel justified in receiving. They try to alleviate their guilt feelings by supporting the politics of the redistribution of wealth as espoused by the Democrats. To wit, a progressive tax which increases in proportion the how how hard working, smart, and successful a member of society is, and disbursing those funds through social programs to the more lazy, ignorant and unsuccessful members of society.

bluewolf
02-06-2003, 05:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote> You are right, they do have the right. And in the case of Martin Sheen and Alec Baldwin they are also expressing their right to lie. I don't mind them getting out there and chatting away, I just wish they would do it on a radio station and allow callers to ask questions. It is not like the average American can get a spot on the news and say anything political that we want to. They have clout and get the time. Now I just ask that instead of them hiding behind their clout, why not express their views in a way as to allow some sort of interrogation. This is why I love talk radio. Liberals can get on there and say anything they want, problem is that they don't keep their stations long enough because they cannot prove what they say and the ratings goes down the tubes.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

You make good points. I will not say you do not. It is so different now. We always had the rights I was not brought up to go out in public and cut down the president because that is not who we voted for. I beleive that the man should be supported because the american people put him in office.

Another thinng i think is funny if it wasnt sad. People go around criticizing the pres for things he says or what he is doing, basing their omnipotent opinions on what they heard from the media. It seems to not occur to them that some things are top secret, the media does not know everything that the pres does, and chances are that if the decision does not make sense to us, then we might not have the whole picture.

blu

OnePocketChamp
02-06-2003, 06:22 PM
I understand your concerns regarding these air bag celebrities stating thier skewed views but you left the really important question unasked, "Can they run a rack in 9-Ball"? My quess is they can't, so with this logic firmly in place, I don't trust thier judgment. LOL

eg8r
02-06-2003, 06:36 PM
I agree. LOL

eg8r

MikeM
02-06-2003, 06:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Everybody has a right to say what they think. But famous people often lose out when getting so controversial. <hr /></blockquote> You are right, they do have the right. And in the case of Martin Sheen and Alec Baldwin they are also expressing their right to lie. I don't mind them getting out there and chatting away, I just wish they would do it on a radio station and allow callers to ask questions. It is not like the average American can get a spot on the news and say anything political that we want to. They have clout and get the time. Now I just ask that instead of them hiding behind their clout, why not express their views in a way as to allow some sort of interrogation. This is why I love talk radio. Liberals can get on there and say anything they want, problem is that they don't keep their stations long enough because they cannot prove what they say and the ratings goes down the tubes.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

But I thought it was the liberals that controlled the media. I'm confused eg8r. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MM

02-06-2003, 07:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I find it quite humorous everytime some celebrity opens their mouth about something political. Seems they have all come out of the woodworks since Bush has been in office. None of them said anything when Clinton was giving away secrets to the Chinese, but now they are all over the news. I guess since the current administration is no longer pandering to their every whim they will try to combat it with senseless ramblings with no basis for fact. Here is a recent quote from Dustin Hoffman... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dustin Hoffman:</font><hr> Hoffman accused the Bush administration of "manipulating the grief of the country" after the events of September 11. <hr /></blockquote> Does the blow hard have any shread of proof. Nope, he is just a star with a bad attitude toward current administration and wants to knock Bush down. The only gaurantee of this statement is that he will back down if he was ever questioned about it. The most famous line of the Hollywood stupid is, "That was taken out of context".
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dustin Hoffman:</font><hr> "For me as an American, the most painful aspect of this is that I believe that that administration has taken the events of 9/11 and has manipulated the grief of the country and I think that's reprehensible," he said. <hr /></blockquote> I think Dustin should leave the country and denounce his citizenship if he finds it so painful that our administration is hell bent on eliminating the threat from happening again. Maybe if Dustin was the President he would have tried to give citizenship to Osama instead of bombing him (there is no certain proof that Osama is still alive, no proof that his videos are not older videos being released). I guess Dustin believes our only threat was the Taliban in Ashcanistan. WRONG. They are everywhere and it is nice that we are going after them.

I do not feel that my grief for 9/11 has been manipulated one bit. They hit NYC, Pentagon and a field, and I grieve for the families that lost their loved ones. Now that Bush is going after them, I feel relieved that maybe one day complete justice is served. Do I have a definition of complete justice or what outcomes I might expect, NO. One thing I do feel comfortable with, is removing Dictators from office whom harbour Al Qaeda and help fund them.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I agree w/ you 100%! It really makes me sick to hear all that kind of CRAP! I was just talking to my co-worker about that kind of stuff, the other day. I'm also getting EXTREMELY ANNOYED by how a lot of those celebrities are saying that this thing w/ Iraq is all about oil! Even a lot of our American people seem to be towing that same line! The problem w/ these celebrities spouting off at the mouth all the time is that there are actually a lot of everyday people that buy into what they believe, just because they ARE a celebrity! I do not for one minute believe this is over oil-our President is just looking out for our country and our people. 9/11 really showed us that we are a lot more vulnerable to attack from these terrorists than we realized. I say we need to "get them before they get us"-IMO. BTW, I would've NEVER had ANY faith in Clinton to handle anything like this. I STILL can't believe he ever got a second term, to start w/! What a joke! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
02-06-2003, 09:20 PM
You are confused...Hmm let me help. Name one major network outside of Fox News Network that is not liberally biased and I will name as many as I can think of that are liberally biased. Reason being, I will win, Fox is the only unbiased news outlet. The media networks that celebrities spew their crap are those on TV. I am sure you were not confused by this as I did ask they bring their lies to the talk radio side of the media.
Are you still confused? Well how about you name one major liberal biased talk radio show that has had sustained decent ratings over a two year period. You cannot. I know you cannot because there are none.
Are you confused why there are no major talk radio stations that are liberally biased? The liberals cannot answer a question. Here is one for starters...Why do the liberals who are out pandering to all the environmentalists out driving SUVs everywhere they go? Want another one, please tell me how Bush is pushing America into record deficits when his father and Reagan had significantly higher deficit percentages? Liberals are not answering these questions because they know that the majority of the voting public is not encouraged enough to question what the Liberal talking head said on TV. So, what does this part of the voting public do, they listen for a second, hear that crap then change the channel. The last thing they heard was a bunch of lies, but that is all they remember when they go to the polls. Liberals suck at talk radio and it is a proven fact. It is one thing to blow your spew all over a TV where you have selected reporters there to ask questions, however it is all together different when you have an open line and callers calling in and asking questions.
Another reason why Liberals do not make it in talk radio...They have no liberal listeners. When comparing the voting groups liberals and conservatives, liberals on average are less educated, lower income, high reliance on government. What are the majority of liberals listening to when they get in their cars....Are you still confused...they are listening to Brittany Spears or some other music station. On average, there are more conservatives listening to talk radio. Not only does talk radio deal with political agendas and material, it also includes financial programs, stock programs and the such. Do you really think a high school drop out with 2 babies who is on their way to collect their government milk and cheese is listening to Rush or Boortz or some other talk radio slot...NO NO NO. They have Eminem singing to them, their hero, the one that made it out of the ghetto.
I guess if you are still confused I can try again.

eg8r &lt;Not confused one bit

snipershot
02-06-2003, 09:50 PM
I agree, there is no proof that they "manipulated the grief of the country", what happened happened and I don't think it is possible to hide or change what the families of the victims had to go through. I've always thought Hoffman has a big mouth and runs it way too much, maybe Bush WILL send Hoffman to Ashcanistan.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-07-2003, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
Here is one for starters...Why do the liberals who are out pandering to all the environmentalists out driving SUVs everywhere they go?

<font color="blue">Not to mention limos and private jets (See Ariana Huffington). The hypocrisy is mind-numbing.

Speaking of hypocrisy, how about anti-gun Rosie O'Fat having armed bodyguards. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font color>

Liberals suck at talk radio and it is a proven fact.

<font color="blue">Because their philosophy will not stand up to logical scrutiny. Then the name-calling starts (See Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif). </font color>

I guess if you are still confused I can try again.

eg8r &lt;Not confused one bit

<font color="blue">Take it easy on MikeM. I think his question was asked in a light-hearted manner. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
02-07-2003, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> I would speculate that the reason Hollywood Stars mostly support Democrats is because they are paid wildly large amounts of money for their work which they don't honestly feel justified in receiving. They try to alleviate their guilt feelings by supporting the politics of the redistribution of wealth as espoused by the Democrats........<hr /></blockquote>

Yep, you nailed it. Center pocket.

eg8r
02-07-2003, 07:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Take it easy on MikeM. I think his question was asked in a light-hearted manner <hr /></blockquote> Deal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Ward
02-07-2003, 08:41 AM
Ed

If I say something you don't agree with do I have to leave the country? LOL

Later

Kato
02-07-2003, 09:00 AM
Ward, I think you only have to leave if you say you are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On the flip side, I'm a registered independent and vote my conscience since there isn't one single politician on capital hill gives a crap what I care about, how I feel, or what I do.

Kato~~~not leaving the country because no matter how screwed up I perceive everything to be there isn't one country on the planet that is better. Of course, I'm gonna own my own island one day and will treat the peasants (I mean residents) with great respect. Of course I will be King and Janette Lee can be Queen. I will allow her to rule me with an iron fist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
02-07-2003, 09:03 AM
Nope, and you know that is not about a disagreement. Those two said they would leave the country if Bush was elected. Bush was elected and they did not leave. This has nothing to do with a disagreement. Those two and more (I cannot remember which female singer said the same thing) were just trying to rally up anyone listening and never had any intentions of leaving. It was all a lie.

You can stay whether we disagree or not. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Did you play in the 1p tourney a couple saturdays ago? I know I saw you up at Clicks but I cannot remember if you entered the tourney. Sorry for being impolite, I was so intent on talking to onepocketchamp that I did not notice anyone else...Except for Ken when he walked up and hugged Heather. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Where is Ken lately? I guess he is working a lot now.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
02-07-2003, 09:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>
...I'm gonna own my own island one day ....<hr /></blockquote>

I like that one just off Big Pine Key that's a fancy resort where JFK stayed once, can't amember the name.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-07-2003, 09:34 AM

...(I cannot remember which female singer said the same thing) ...<hr /></blockquote>

Streisand-certified political genius (sarcasm) and possible hummer-giver to the white trash former President.

Ward
02-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Ed

Chill out you know they will appoint Bush for a second term.
I didn't play in the 1P tournment, there were only three people so I went down the street to Speeds and played in the 9Ball tournment. You should come tomorrow and play the 9Ball tournment, it is a lot of fun...

Later

MikeM
02-07-2003, 10:16 AM
WOW! One little line evoked quite a response. Wally was right I was trying to lighten things up a bit. I also hoped to point out that trite generalizations don't really make for constructive political discourse. Your reply was so full of trite generalizations that I think I'd be better off jumping in my SUV (foreign made of course) and crank up the Brittany Spears and Eminem on the way to pick up my welfare check and leave the fate of the country in the hands of talk radio fans, who are so obviously more intelligent than me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MM...still confused, but hey I'm a liberal what do you expect /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PS - LIGHTEN UP DUDE!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
02-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Mike, do you still have the Beemer? Capitalist liberal pig /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~me to, me to.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-07-2003, 10:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ward:</font><hr> Ed

Chill out you know they will appoint Bush for a second term.
<hr /></blockquote>

They? Are you referring to the Rothschilds. Bildebergers, Skull-and-Bones Club, the CFR, or the Rockefellers?

Or do you think we might just go the "election" route?

Just curious /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
02-07-2003, 10:43 AM
I have never been to that pool hall. I am hoping to have my new Talisman tips tonight or tomorrow, so I will be on that side of town having Don put the tips on for me. I will see if Les wants to go to the tournament. I don't mind donating my money for a pool tournament. LOL

eg8r &lt;Chilled out. Have not really been worked up either.

eg8r
02-07-2003, 10:45 AM
I was not sure if it was her, and I did not want to post bad info. Funny about the non-sex humor, well Clinton says its not sex.

eg8r

MikeM
02-07-2003, 11:26 AM
A Beemer and a Lexus SUV! The guilt is killing me can I give YOUR tax dollars to all the deadbeat welfare moms?!? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MM

Kato
02-07-2003, 12:05 PM
Sorry Mike. I'm poor enough, if I give any more money away I'm gonna have to get another job just to pay for the upper and lower classes.

Kato~~~considered middle class but definitley in a class by himself, maybe /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rod
02-07-2003, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, and you know that is not about a disagreement. Those two said they would leave the country if Bush was elected. Bush was elected and they did not leave. This has nothing to do with a disagreement. Those two and more (I cannot remember which female singer said the same thing) were just trying to rally up anyone listening and never had any intentions of leaving. It was all a lie.
<hr /></blockquote>

Come-on eg, did you really think they would leave? Of course it was a rally, how could anyone buy into that?

That's like saying if Ken beats you, your not going back in the room! LOL When I see something happen is when I believe, even though it may be short term. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
02-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Rod, I definitely did not think they would go. Just wish they would that is all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, if I threatened to leave everytime Ken beat me, I would never play again. LOL Hopefully I will get to play some 1p this weekend. Man, that game really shows how bad I play.:(

eg8r

#### leonard
02-08-2003, 10:00 AM
eg8r I find The Presidents actions closely following what Dustin said in the quote. Were under attack and what is the President doing he is going all over the country raising money for the Republicans, in the two months prior to the election he was in Washington 4 hours. I don't think that fits the job description of the Presidency. We know Republicans can't run a government. Let us see Sen Trent Lott and Speaker of the HouseNewt Gingrich Da. ####

#### leonard
02-08-2003, 10:11 AM
I really think that the reason they stayed is that Bush didn't get elected he was appointed by the Supreme Court a no/no due to the seperation of power in the Constitution.####

eg8r
02-08-2003, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I find The Presidents actions closely following what Dustin said in the quote. Were under attack and what is the President doing he is going all over the country raising money for the Republicans, <hr /></blockquote> This has nothing to do with what Dustin was saying. Dustin is talking about war on Iraq and such.

[ QUOTE ]
what is the President doing he is going all over the country raising money for the Republicans, in the two months prior to the election he was in Washington 4 hours. I don't think that fits the job description of the Presidency. <hr /></blockquote> It is fefinitely something that he should be out doing. Timing I think is more your issue. Every president in history has done everything they can to help their own party win spots in Congress. Very recent history will remind you of Clinton going around America in support of Gore for the next Presidency. Surely you are not overlooking the same thing being done by the Dems.

I am sure you are more upset with the timing of Bush fund raisers than the actual act. One thing to remember is that it still had to be done. Also, if I am correct there were many stories about Bush taking care of issues in flight. Another question that comes to mind, is do you really think if there is an attack on Washington, the President is going to hang out and take care of business in Washington. NO NO NO. He will be taking care of business in the air much like Bush was doing while on the campaign trail. There was definitely a threat on Washington and he did not stay long you are right about that. I do believe your thoughts are skewed on timing and act.

eg8r

eg8r
02-08-2003, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really think that the reason they stayed is that Bush didn't get elected he was appointed by the Supreme Court a no/no due to the seperation of power in the Constitution <hr /></blockquote> I am beginning to think you are not looking into the actual cases. Will you please take a look at the reason the Supreme court was brought into the issue and then with a thought base built around logic make your assumptions. The supreme court was brought into the mess to make sure that everything was Constitutionally legal. All they said was what Katherine Harris was doing was perfectly legal. This of course nullified the re-counts of your beloved Democrats.

Tell me this, since you are blindsided by the media you listen to and you are so up to date on what happened in Florida...Why were the recounts only done in Heavy democratic counties, and in those counties only the heavy democratic precincts? If you really believe what you are saying then I cannot wait for this reply.

If the Dems really wanted everything to be fair in the counting of votes in Florida, they would have said lets recount "all" the votes including Republican counties. The dems also tried to eliminate the recount of military votes. I am sure you have a wonderful explanation for this.

There are too many people jumping on this bandwagon that have no desire to search out the real facts.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
02-08-2003, 12:12 PM
eg8r,

Don't waste your time. #### is a die-hard FDR/JFK Democrat and nothing you say will change his mind. Trust me /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~remembers ####'s political posts.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-08-2003, 12:15 PM
....There are too many people jumping on this bandwagon that have no desire to search out the real facts.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Because it's so much easier to regurgitate a catch phrase than find out and accept the truth.

eg8r
02-08-2003, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FDR:</font><hr> You know I am a juggler, and I never let my right hand know what my left hand does. I'm perfectly willing to mislead and tell untruths. FDR, May 1941 <hr /></blockquote> At least he was honest about this. As infidelity follows most politicians, ole FDR was not definitely not trying to avoid it.

What a wonderful hero... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote FDR:</font><hr> 1 February 1920 before an audience of 1500 at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, FDR said, "Two months after the war was declared, I saw that the Navy was still unprepared and I spent $40,000 for guns before Congress gave me or anyone permission to spend the money." This action had been opposed by the President. FDR further boasted that he had "committed enough illegal acts" to be impeached and jailed for "999 years." <hr /></blockquote> While I will not say any President was perfect, if you were to use morality as a gauge, poor FDR is as honest and trustworthy as Clinton.

Everyone talks/complains about how Bush is sending us into record deficits, but they forget crooked FDR... [ QUOTE ]
Instead, Franklin Deficit Roosevelt engaged in an orgy of spending and implemented the first twelve planks of the Socialist Party platform, which in substance was the New Deal. In his first year he proposed spending 10 billion on 3 billion of revenues; from 1933 to 1936 government expenditures went up more than 83 percent. He closed all banks with no intention or thought of ever re-opening them (banks are not needed in Marxist economics). After two years the New Deal was such a failure through waste, mismanagement and outright graft that FDR had to introduce a "New New Deal." The ND has been called 'a study in economic confusion.' FDR undermined the Constitution with blank-check appropriations which allowed him to control spending and blank-check legislation which allowed him to set up agencies to pass laws and regulations. <hr /></blockquote> Maybe everyone forgets the bad stuff about their heros. I am sure #### does not want to hear about all this.

[ QUOTE ]
1938 Congress defeated FDR's dictator bill.
1938-1939 FDR stated a policy that the Soviet Union could build destroyers in the United States.
1940 - For the election, FDR repeatedly promised to keep the country out of war and then did everything in his power to involve the country in war. No national leader in history has ever so brazenly lied to his people about such an important national issue: war or peace, life or death.
<hr /></blockquote> At least our current President is not lying about this.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
02-08-2003, 02:08 PM
....FDR undermined the Constitution with blank-check appropriations which allowed him to control spending and blank-check legislation which allowed him to set up agencies to pass laws and regulations.<hr /></blockquote>

Seems that Bill "Executive Order" Clinton learned well form his predecessors /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cheesemouse
02-08-2003, 09:40 PM
eg8r,
[ QUOTE ]
At least our current President is not lying about this.

<hr /></blockquote>
.........and you know this because???....when you pull your head out of your posterior you will notice this economy tanked to the point that we won't have to worry about Bush for a second term.......It's the economy stupid......Bush is a classic example of events making the man.

eg8r
02-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Cheesemouse, your intelligence seems to be surfacing faster than your vocabulary. If you need to resort to the name calling then let me know up front and I will not debate with you. Your language shows everyone on the board that your mentality is not developed enough just yet. Here is a wonderful example... [ QUOTE ]
It's the economy stupid <hr /></blockquote> Since you bring up the economy, why don't you explain the recent consecutive quarters of gross domestic growth. When Clinton left, we were in a depression. by the very definition given by economists, we are not in a depression any more. This non-depression period has happened during Bushs tenure. Because of Bush, I don't know, in spite of Bush, I seriously doubt.

By looking at the way you quote I can tell you have a wonderful way of manipulating context (works for the celebs I guess). If you were to read what I quoted (I will help you out by re-quoting it) and then read what I posted you will see your ignorance. I will try to spell it out for you and help you understand where I was coming from so maybe you can see my side. I do not ask that you believe me, just don't quote what you want and misinterpret.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r's quote from another text:</font><hr> 1940 - For the election, FDR repeatedly promised to keep the country out of war and then did everything in his power to involve the country in war. No national leader in history has ever so brazenly lied to his people about such an important national issue: war or peace, life or death.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r's response to quote from other text:</font><hr> At least our current President is not lying about this.
<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> The first quote is stating that FDR openly lied to the American people about his desires to go to war (I hope this is clear for you). My post then states, "at least our current President is not lying about this.". President Bush is not keeping it any secret that his desire is to go to war. I guess you have trouble reading the whole text and interpreting this, but I am sure an SAT score might have notified you of this earlier in your life.

I did not mean to insult or hurt feelings before this post, but I felt a little insulted by your childish reply. I hope that I have dumbed down the original post (notice I did not use the word "laymen" because that might offend other posters here) so you are able to understand the original post and my reasoning for saying what I said.

I am not responding to your last sentence because for every President you can name that was not "made" because of current events, I can probably name 5 Dems that were.

I guess this post is a little hypocritical of myself but I did not start the name calling. I stated facts and you are unable to accept them. I wish you the best and hope you find another way to respond without resorting to petty name calling.

eg8r

eg8r
02-08-2003, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems that Bill "Executive Order" Clinton learned well form his predecessors <hr /></blockquote> Yes Bill did learn. I believe since Bill "used" to be a lawyer, he understood the term precedence.

eg8r

cheesemouse
02-09-2003, 10:08 AM
eg8r,
Even though I like this 'non pool related' aspect of the ccb. I can't help but remember it is a gathering of pool players. When I was in the bar/restaurant business we had an unwritten rule that politics, religion and X's were subjects out of bounds because these venues tend to degenerate into less than civil discourse. In defense of my intelligence I have to admit I didn't take the SAT's but rather something called the ACT's, I believe, and as a 'C' student I scored as high or higher in all catagories than the prissy bitch 'A' student that sat next to me in the typing class homeroom. The day we got our results she couldn't believe it as she knew that I carried no books and never did homework assignments. That same morning she had told me I shouldn't wear plaids with prints. When the bell rang for us to leave for our first class I had my hand stuck in the handle of the little desk drawer of the little typing desks we sat at and I had to carry the thing around with me till a janitor could cut it off. Fortunate for me writing utensils were not an implement I used much in class, I was a good listener and that has served me well all these years...I have no idea where I'm going here but rather just practicing my typing....LOL
In a pool vain I was wolfing at you, must be all the time I spent in poolhalls. It has been my experience that I can't get a game by detailed discussions of deflection, throw, squirt, tip hardness, balance points or blah blah......but more with statements like: "do you still play" or "what do I have to give you to get you off your butt?" I am sorry for 'wolfing' at you but it's my nature. I am a naughty naughty boy and after 56 years of living with myself I've decided to go with it...LOL Now leading this babble back to politics, in order for you to convince me of the rightness(no pun intended) of your views, you will have to reduce your aurguments into nice little sound bits like: "I like Ike" or "There you go again" or "It's the economy stupid" or "I am not a crook" in order to sway my vote. You can stand on the right side of the road and I can stand on the left side but when race begins we run down the middle in order to win the race. That's why the two canditates or parties we get to vote for on election day have morfed into what some call the lessor of two evils. The majority of voters when entering the voting booth are trying to remember that catchy sound bit when they pull the lever. Give me your best shot maybe I'll get up and play...LOL

......never worked for the Military Industial Complex...never relied on cost plus contacts....never charged twice or three times the cost of a meal after the customer had eaten.....always competed in the real world of capitalism.....never lived off the goverment.......trusted the government once and they tried to kill me.....I want to keep my liberties not give them up&gt;&gt;&gt; see the Patriots Act Part I &amp; II both of which are the biggest government grab at my liberties in my life time perhaps in this countrys life time......I believe in the Constitution not the government......Now I have to go hit some balls.

Gayle in MD
02-09-2003, 11:39 AM
Hi Kato, and thank goodness you are here to add a lighthearted note to some of these recent political posts. Hotly contested issues usually have serious arguments on both sides. So, when the facts are open to debate, strong opinions always emerge on the basis of emotion or self interest instead of on facts. That means those minds are already closed. It seems that the real world can't compete with passion, regardless of how foolish or selfish. I suppose that is why we often hear people say, "I never discuss religeon, politics or sex" lol....
"I never considered a difference of opinion on religion, on politics or philosophy as cause for withdrawing from a friend" Think that was by Thomas Jefferson, LOL. Guess it was in his best interest in the long run.
Anyway, what is amazing to me is when a person can't state their opinions without attacking with vigor and name calling. This, to me, is the true mark of immaturity and insecurity. Hell, it's a given, the true enemy of efficacious democracy, the truly crippling culprit, is overly zealous partisanship....hence our government wasted upwards of 40 million dollars on Clinton's cigar habits, lol. I was suspicious at the time that the National Inquirer had infiltrated Capital Hill. It was a scream watching, as republican after republican denounced Clinton, and then watching they themselves exposed for having done the same thing. I was expecting Joan Rivers and her daughter to show up any day to critique the wardrobes of the participants. I remember thinking how ironice it was that everytime I saw Ken Starr come out of his house to speak to the media, he was carrying a big bag of trash, lol. How appropriate!
Then there was Jerry Falwell on TV everynight, talking about Clinton's sex addiction, with his jowells hanging to his shoulders.... isn't gluttony a sin?
There are celebrities that irritate me too. I was furious over thinking that Wynonna Ryder would go into a store and shop lift like that when she is a millionaire! But I also know that there are many celebtities that give a lot of money to charities, and care deeply about the world and it's starving children. I do think one must make their judgments on a case by case basis. Not all republicans are bad, and not all democrats either. What I hate is waste, and we Americans, all best intentions though we may have, have got to realize that in this world-wide economy that we live in today, we are not going to be able to live high on the hog while the rest of the world is starving. We need to develop other resources for energy, and we have known that since the seventies, but our political representatives have been bought out by special interests,ie autos, gas, oil, for example. So there you go, it still all comes down to corruption. Until we implement a viable form of campaigne reform, which the Republicans have fought against for years, we will have to live with representatives which are owned by big business, and have no social conscience.
K. I'm off my box now...LOL. All have a nice sunday! BTW, today is my fortieth wedding anniversary! This is no time for politics, lol, so I'm gonna go light up some candles!
Gayle in Md.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifgood time to get snowed in again, LOL.

eg8r
02-09-2003, 12:05 PM
Cheesmouse, I really liked the ACT better also. I finished with a 31 and was quite proud of myself then, but took the SAT and myself and the hangover slept through a 950 (what an embarrasing score). I also was a good listener and am a good test taker. I do not take notes not even through college but finished with a 3.4 there. I guess we are the same in this respect.

I was not reading your post as woofing, so I apologize for my reply. We really need to kiss and make up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do work for a defense contractor but the program I am on is an award based pay. We must meet contractual obligations on time and on budget in order to get paid. This is a first when talking about military fighter jets. We have met all obligations early and under budget so far. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif This is also a first in the military defense world. For your post about the Patriot act and reduced liberties, I think everyone can be real happy that FDR was not given the complete control he requested. We would be living in a Dictatorship. I believe in small government and I am upset that Bush did nothing to reduce government however he is not expanding it at the same rate Clinton did. Homeland security was one of the biggest misrepresentations in recent media history. The liberal media was telling the public that Bush was starting up a new agency and employing all those hundreds of thousands of employees. The one thing they did not tell everyone was that all the other agencies were shut down/merged together and all the employee were now employees of the Homeland security. Funny how easy words are used to sway the fickle.

I just had my new Talisman tip put on my cue and I am waiting till 2 to go and play. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

cheesemouse
02-09-2003, 12:25 PM
http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/ADL/S-JD310_a.jpg

eg8r
02-09-2003, 12:45 PM
lol

eg8r

#### leonard
02-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Wally no, Irish I know who killed 2 million of my people and I would never vote for a WASP.####

TomBrooklyn
02-10-2003, 06:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Dustin Hoffman accused the Bush administration of "manipulating the grief of the country" after the events of September 11. Does the blowhard have any shred of proof? <hr /></blockquote>He doesn't need any proof, he is only giving an opinion and it is a self-evidently correct one. There is no question Bush is taking advantage of post 9/11 sentiment to help justify his crusade. Although he's certainly 'using' it, I don't know if he's 'manipulating' it. This crusade that is unlikely to uncover any weapons of mass destruction, but will certainly wreak havoc with our homeland economy and multiply the level of hatred many Arabs already have for the United States to new heights.

There is no proof that Iraq is in possession of weapons of mass destruction, so all Bush has to try to justify his foolish plan are things like circumstantial evidence and psychological ploys. God help this country’s attempts to avoid Arab terrorism if we invade the Sovereign State of Iraq, tear it up and don't find anything.
=TB

#### leonard
02-10-2003, 12:47 PM
I have heard Liberals embarass Rush Limbo when they got by his screener. Wait you weren't going to talk on this subject click. I love conservatives they all come from the South where they have been raping the US for years. For every tax dollar Texans send to Wash they get three back. Five Air Force Bases,Two Army Bases,Houston,13,000 Imigration officers that can't keep the Mexicans out. If war breaks out with Mexica we're ready. Enron camped out at the White House. George a reformed druggie but that is different that an sexually active President that can't leave the Oval Office. ####

Rich R.
02-10-2003, 12:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> God help this countries attempts to avoid Arab Terrorism if we invade the Sovergn State of Iraq, tear it up and don't find anything.
=TB <hr /></blockquote>
Tom, I don't think you have to worry about NOT finding anything. If we tear up Iraq, the powers in the White House and the Pentagon, will make sure we find something, whether it is there or not.

eg8r
02-10-2003, 01:41 PM
#### This is a weak post. You are trying to discredit what is going on with Bush and you fail to look in your own backyard. I have never asked if a talk radio personality was embarassed on the show, instead I have asked you show me ONE liberal political talk show that is rated at the top and can handle the banter usually stirred up with their lies, and has been doing it for any amount of time. I bet you cannot do it, and if you can, I will list 5 more that are conservative. It is so funny how you corral all the Conservatives to the south, when you can will find the actual spread of Conservatives is equally spread throughout the US.

Funny, you bring up rape, when your beloved Presidents have all been accused of such, however I have yet to see a person rise up and state that either Bush was a rapist.

Here is your shining moment... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ###:</font><hr> Enron camped out at the White House. <hr /></blockquote> Ha, could you please tell me where the Chinese were camping when they visited the White House. If you would like, here is a wonderful site for you to read about Enron...http://www.stopdemocrats.com/enron/ I am not saying the Reps did not receive contributions, but you are silly to think the Dems did not.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ####:</font><hr> George a reformed druggie but that is different that an sexually active President that can't leave the Oval Office. <hr /></blockquote> Are you even as naive to believe that people have forgotten Clinton was a druggie (never agreed to being reformed) and was probably the most sexually active person in the White House third only to FDR and JFK. You are hilarious...You seem to have a very short memory when it comes to political facts. Where were you spouting your stuff when Clinton was in office. I bet you were quite quiet hoping it would all pass real fast and no one would remember the crap he tried and did.

I wonder if the Bush's will steal all the stuff out of the White House and Air Force One. I wonder if the Bushs will give pardons to some of the most hardened criminals. They will if they thought Clinton was a great President. They will not because they know the truth about him.

You know a lot of great stories about pool, but I am starting to wonder if you are getting them mixed up in your stories about politics.

eg8r