PDA

View Full Version : Dusted off the cues last night...

rackmup
03-16-2002, 09:24 AM
After 13 days of hibernation, the cues were dusted off and put to good use at Hawley's last night. Man...it felt good to be in a pool room and hear the sounds that are unique to that environment. Better that any meditation techniques that I know of!

Practiced about an hour then played the "Ghost" for another.

Playing again today!

Regards,

Ken (the Fiance' now recognizes the benefits of my relationship with the pool room mistress!)

Sid_Vicious
03-16-2002, 10:46 AM
Hey Ken, if you'd stayed on 635 Eastbound past the Galleria instead of turning off, you'd have been to Clicks Skillman in less that 10 more minutes. Hawleys is fine but hardly matches Skillman, especially now with a few road players making the scene.

Btw, If you're not getting the free pool time offers from Clicks then get yourself on the mailing list correctly asap. Why not use 2 hours of free time(plus 10 minutes of driving) to find a new pool hall here in Dallas. Your call, but I'd do it if the situation was reversed...sid~~~wasn't there on Friday but came close

stickman
03-16-2002, 02:25 PM
I'll have to try to look you guys up, next time I'm in Dallas. I was there at Baylor getting some tests done, the 13th and 14th. Everytime I tried to go anywhere I got lost. LOL Next trip will hopefully be for a kidney transplant, and I'll be there a while. After I get out of the hospital, they want me to stay for at least a month to watch for rejection. If I'm going to be there a month, I'll have to at least find my way to a couple of poolhalls. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
03-16-2002, 02:31 PM
Welcome! Stay in touch, we'll keep you from getting lost next time...sid

stickman
03-16-2002, 06:40 PM
Thanks, Sid. We'll stay in touch. I've already told the wife, if I'm going to be stranded in Dallas for a month, I'm going to find some new poolplaying friends. No way, I'm going to sit in a room by myself for a month. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

rackmup
03-16-2002, 08:36 PM
Stickman,

We won't let that happen. Sid knows the places to play and he'll give us the breaks and the 7 in a race to 9, won't you Sid?

Regards,

Ken (putting Stickman in my prayers)