PDA

View Full Version : jump/break cue

Dicer
02-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Want to buy first jump/break cue and wanted some sugg. on what to look for and price round 150 or less getting serious about game now. Play with a Players that cost 125 but gonna hold off on new one til mess around with some to get feel for what I like, thats why I want to get j/b cue to be able to prac. all shots. Sugg. app.

eg8r
02-06-2003, 08:56 PM
I have a Bunjee J/B cue that works great. I have no problems jumping with it. As far as a break cue, I can't tell one from the other. You should be able to find a price anywhere from 100 to 150 for one.

eg8r

02-06-2003, 10:03 PM
I have a $85 Action sneaky pete j/b cue. It works well, the only thing that I regret is it is so light which makes it hard to generate enough force for a jump. I reccommend getting a nice heavy cue.

JMD in VA
02-06-2003, 10:34 PM
I play with a Tim Scruggs dn recently got a Player J/B Cue. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. After a few weeks, and a litle practice, I jump much better and it has a solid hit for the break. They price for about $85.00. Hope this helps!

JMD in VA

Don't beat him, Kick his ass!

SteveFromNY
02-07-2003, 06:23 AM
if you're going to spend $150 and are thinking about getting serious, I seriously suggest that you save up another 100 or so and go with the predator break cue. It's not a jump cue though but I wouldn't break with anything else. For about $150 though, I was surprised by the way the cuetec jump/break felt.

bluewolf
02-07-2003, 06:39 AM
My husband has the stealth for $89 that we bought from scott lee and he likes it very much. It jumps very well.

I do have the predator bk break cue and I like it a lot also. We do not have any jump/break cues so do not know if they are as good as getting separate break and jump cues.

blu

Gerry
02-07-2003, 06:52 AM
Amen!....I've had a Cuetec b/j for years,Strickland model. 18oz. but very solid.Funny thing is after putting a Talisman tip on it,I have most of my high runs with that cue!....figures....least expensive cue in the quiver.....highest runs:)...Gerry

eg8r
02-07-2003, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it is so light which makes it hard to generate enough force for a jump. <hr /></blockquote> Maybe I am reading this wrong or just have my thoughts all mixed up but...Is not the jump cue supposed to be light. If it is light, it will hit the ball then get out of the way. Please Fred or someone let me know if I am wrong...I have the Bunjee and it is the ligthest cue in my bag. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I jump better with my Bunjee than I have with some other jump cues.

eg8r

02-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Maybe this is just my personal opinion but I find it much easier to jump with a heavier stick. It gives it so much more downward force which reduces the accelleration needed.

02-07-2003, 03:37 PM
It doesn't take much force at all to jump, the important thing is to get the cue out of the way. That's why the main reason for jump cues is reduced weight. Some folks prefer to jump with a standard weight cue, and more power to 'em. But the lighter jump cues tend to be much better to jump with once you're accustomed to them -- the reduced mass causes the tip to rebound quicker and get out of the way, where a heavier cue squeezes the CB against the table and causes more of a squirt effect.