PDA

View Full Version : Oh, The Weather Outside Is Frightful, Part 2

Barbara
02-07-2003, 06:16 AM
Mother Nature 7, Us Delaware Valley humans, "Backache City"!

Just another snow day for us here. Although I do admit that 7" is nothing compared to, like, the Great Lakes area where 2 feet is nothing out of the ordinary.

Now, this time I am going to wait until it almost stops snowing before I go out and shovel.

And how will I know when it's almost stopped snowing? Well, I will be listening to the weathermen on tv. They were close this time and only predicted 4".

Barbara~~~keep the posts coming, folks, it's gonna be a looooong day /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
02-07-2003, 07:39 AM
Hi Barbara, it's about 80 degrees here and sunny /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif but hey, you've got snow!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~ducking pecans coming from up yonder and may have just been handed the keys to the dog house.

eg8r
02-07-2003, 07:44 AM
Oh Barbara, I feel your pain. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Actually I have no idea what it is like to be in 7 in of snow so I am just giving you a hard time. There is however a high of 36 for us in DFW and that is WAYYYYYY too cold for me. LOL, I have spent the majority of my life in south florida and we don't get that cold down there. The people here at work find me amusing when I come bundled and covered all the way over my head. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

Barbara
02-07-2003, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The
people here at work find me amusing when I come bundled and covered all the way over my head. <hr /></blockquote>

Why?? Are they still wearing shorts or something??

Barbara~~~brrr brrr and brrr!!!

Barbara
02-07-2003, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kato~~~ducking pecans coming from up yonder and may have just been handed the keys to the dog
house. <hr /></blockquote>

Pecans?? What pecans?? Boy.

Barbara~~~hopes Kato gets real comfy in that dog house.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
02-07-2003, 08:05 AM
No shorts but not as bundled up as I. I guess I look like I am heading to Alaska. My boss is the worst...He is from the Adirondack (sp?) mountains in NY and he seems to laugh at the 30 degrees. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I do find him a bit of a fanatical, but today he came in to work wearing a sleevless wind breaker. Crazy I say. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

Karatemom
02-07-2003, 08:59 AM
Hi Barbara. No snow here today, instead, a temp of 0 degrees. Not very nice. We've had ice, sleet, rain, freezing rain, and a little snow in the last week. More expected this weekend. Not enough to shovel, however. Since Chris and I are both laid up, we've trained Christ in the art of shoveling without having to get paid.

I feel for ya.

Heide

Barbara
02-07-2003, 09:07 AM
Well Heide, you just send that boy out here and I'll teach him all about shoveling!!! Heck, I'll even video tape him for your future memories!!!

Hope you are feeling better from last weekend.

Barbara~~~and she'll be getting to that shoveling right after this movie. Promise. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

02-08-2003, 01:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Hi Barbara. No snow here today, instead, a temp of 0 degrees. Not very nice. We've had ice, sleet, rain, freezing rain, and a little snow in the last week. More expected this weekend. Not enough to shovel, however. Since Chris and I are both laid up, we've trained Christ in the art of shoveling without having to get paid.

I feel for ya.

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

it must be yet another character flaw on my part but i do truely enjoy reading all that stuff. i too, am not without pain. been several days since i was out on my bike and it may yet be several more.

but....i have lived in iowa where the snow was over my head (ok, my head was shorter then) and in chicago where i met the hawk. up close and personal.

dan...i did shiver some while doin the bar b q tonight.

Karatemom
02-08-2003, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houstondan:</font><hr> it must be yet another character flaw on my part but i do truely enjoy reading all that stuff. i too, am not without pain. been several days since i was out on my bike and it may yet be several more.

but....i have lived in iowa where the snow was over my head (ok, my head was shorter then) and in chicago where i met the hawk. up close and personal.

dan...i did shiver some while doin the bar b q tonight. <hr /></blockquote>

Shoot, my son was out on his bike just the other day when it was only about 15 degrees outside. But I suppose that a motorcycle would be a bit chillier compared to a mountain bike, hahahahaha. You guys down in TX are really getting some of our cold air this year. Personally, I'd rather have feet upon feet of snow than the current 12 degrees it is outside now.

Heide ~ can't barbeque because by the time we get the food off the grill and into the house, it's frozen /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
02-08-2003, 11:17 AM
Quote Karatemom
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'd rather have feet upon feet of
snow than the current 12 degrees it is outside now. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, the weather forecasters are predicting another 6 inches on Monday. Oh yeah.

Barbara~~~just a little stiff from all the shoveling...

Karatemom
02-08-2003, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Well, the weather forecasters are predicting another 6 inches on Monday. Oh yeah.

Barbara~~~just a little stiff from all the shoveling... <hr /></blockquote>

Try some Tiger Balm. It works wonders on stiff joints and muscles.

Heide ~ has used several jars of the stuff myself